Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 17 November 2017, 13:31
In From The East

I am seriously considering buying a barrel of Buffalo Trace. This can be directly worked through the distillery.

Would anyone be interested in splitting the cost and going in on it?
Old 17 November 2017, 14:03
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamppirate View Post
I am seriously considering buying a barrel of Buffalo Trace. This can be directly worked through the distillery.

Would anyone be interested in splitting the cost and going in on it?
Funny... just got back into town from a business trip down south. We bought a bottle of Makers 46 for our team after our big meeting. My boss mentioned he and a few good friends did the Jack Daniels tour a while back and were going to purchase their own barrel. Not sure how many were in the group but Iím pretty sure he said it worked out to $1000 each, which amounted to plus or minus 50 bottles per person. Per my GoogleFu, it looks like there are anywhere between 150-200 bottles per barrel.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Been around the world and found
That only stupid people are breeding
The cretins cloning and feeding
And I don't even own a tv
Old 17 November 2017, 17:48
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTA View Post
Funny... just got back into town from a business trip down south. We bought a bottle of Makers 46 for our team after our big meeting. My boss mentioned he and a few good friends did the Jack Daniels tour a while back and were going to purchase their own barrel. Not sure how many were in the group but Iím pretty sure he said it worked out to $1000 each, which amounted to plus or minus 50 bottles per person. Per my GoogleFu, it looks like there are anywhere between 150-200 bottles per barrel.

That's about right. Most distilleries sell their barrels pretty near to MSRP. With demand being what it is, they're not willing to take a loss by selling in bulk when they can sell everything they produce at full cost. The cool benefit to buying a barrel is that you get to sample several barrels and then make your own blend at the distillery. You can also have your group name or whatever added to the bottle.

I'm going to Buffalo Trace on Monday for a tour with a few friends. I'm lucky though; I live in Frankfort and can smell the mash cooking from my office. It's one of my favorite parts about this town.

If anybody comes into town for a tour, hit me up. I'll take you to lunch afterwards.
Old 18 November 2017, 04:41
Confirmed User

I only drink spirits during the cold weather months and only Makers Mark will do.For my taste and budget it is the best.That J. Daniels stuff is rot gut.

Our new posting rules