SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 27 November 2019, 06:20
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by schibbs View Post
I would not have thought the backboard and C-collar would ever be phased out. I really liked the many uses of the backboard, though!
At least where I've worked, they're not phased out completely, they work great to move patients out of areas where you can't get a stretcher. You do take them off the backboard once you get to a stretcher.

Winston Churchill

Put a small child in a playpen with an apple and a bunny. If s/he eats the apple and plays with the bunny, s/he's normal;but if s/he eats the bunny and plays with the apple, I'll buy you a new car. Somewhere along the line we must have been TAUGHT to do the wrong thing.

Maynard James Keenan
Old 27 November 2019, 09:28
33,024 - R.I.P.

Small Miracles

I was driving my son to school for his wrestling match yesterday. It was early in the morning. As we are driving through town, each of the stop lights turned from red to green within 100yds of us reaching them. Not just 2 or 3 lights, but all of them turned green. I glance at my son, and we look at each other with a "WTF just happened?" look on our faces. Then he says to me; "Well, I guess you can't drop any F-bombs for traffic today." So true son...so true.
Old 27 November 2019, 11:56
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFO View Post
I was driving my son to school for his wrestling match yesterday. It was early in the morning. As we are driving through town, each of the stop lights turned from red to green within 100yds of us reaching them. Not just 2 or 3 lights, but all of them turned green. I glance at my son, and we look at each other with a "WTF just happened?" look on our faces. Then he says to me; "Well, I guess you can't drop any F-bombs for traffic today." So true son...so true.
This is my wheelhouse, traffic signal coordination timings are a engineering specialty (i'm not an engineer, I just train them) that are attempted by many, understood by few. Lots of moving parts to it.
RIP 4-79 (HG)
class 4-80
Old 27 November 2019, 12:14
33,024 - R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Welshan View Post
This is my wheelhouse, traffic signal coordination timings are a engineering specialty (i'm not an engineer, I just train them) that are attempted by many, understood by few. Lots of moving parts to it.
I'm just sayin' it was a beautiful sight...all green lights to and from the school. I almost got a little misty thinking about it.
Old 27 November 2019, 12:16
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFO View Post
I'm just sayin' it was a beautiful sight...all green lights to and from the school. I almost got a little misty thinking about it.
It's magical when you drive a corridor and everyone of the lights cycles as you approach or turns yellow just as you go under it.
RIP 4-79 (HG)
class 4-80
Old 27 November 2019, 12:25
been ***** **** that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jong View Post
At least where I've worked, they're not phased out completely, they work great to move patients out of areas where you can't get a stretcher. You do take them off the backboard once you get to a stretcher.
I also liked them for high angle evacs where spine immobilization was required. Secured them on the backboard, then secured that on the stokes, then did an uphaul or a lowering system , dependent on location. Anyhoo, I have not done any of that work in so many years , am afraid my age is starting to show.(Never thought I would say that)
Old 27 November 2019, 13:05
Shakin' the bush Boss

The damn VA. Been waiting three months for an exam on a disability claim, they finally call yesterday to check my availability. I tell them anytime except for 14-18 Dec. Get the schedule letter email today. Yep, Dec 17th.
Old 27 November 2019, 13:22
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsniper View Post
The damn VA. Been waiting three months for an exam on a disability claim, they finally call yesterday to check my availability. I tell them anytime except for 14-18 Dec. Get the schedule letter email today. Yep, Dec 17th.
I guarandamntee that if you show up on the 17th they'll tell you the e-mail should have said January 17th.
Old 28 November 2019, 09:37
Back on The Farm

Quote:
Originally Posted by WGH0922 View Post
I guarandamntee that if you show up on the 17th they'll tell you the e-mail should have said January 17th.
The VA is an absolute clusterfuck of a bureaucracy.

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet." Gen. Mattis

"Definition of insanity: Letting the government dictate what the Amendment designed to control the government - means." - Polypro

"The rules only apply when something is going wrong." -Me

"When are you gonna come down?
When are you going to land?
I should have stayed on the farm
I should have listened to my old man" Elton John
Old 28 November 2019, 09:58
Hard to Kill

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
Septum rings. WTF is with all these girls, especially here in white trash Indiana, getting these septum rings. Makes a girl look like a cow. I mean it is like a chick woke up and said, “what can I do to make myself look unattractive? I know, I will put a septum ring in my nice! Oh and maybe I will also die my hair green or purple, get really fat and to top it off put a bunch of tattoos all over my body.”

It is like do many women I see here in Indiana go out of there way to just look like nasty trash. Super fat also. No class. Disgusting. Just looking more and more like a third world. Hell, at least in much of real third world I have lived, worked, traveled in - the women at least have class.
And their nutrition has them starving, not having diabetes.
Old 28 November 2019, 10:12
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberChick View Post
The VA is an absolute clusterfuck of a bureaucracy.

The VA in Roanoke has improved dramatically over the past few years. I was actually offered outside eye care at the VA's expense because they had no quick appointments available.
Old 28 November 2019, 14:23
In Vino Veritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
Septum rings. WTF is with all these girls, especially here in white trash Indiana, getting these septum rings. Makes a girl look like a cow. I mean it is like a chick woke up and said, “what can I do to make myself look unattractive? I know, I will put a septum ring in my nice! Oh and maybe I will also die my hair green or purple, get really fat and to top it off put a bunch of tattoos all over my body.”

It is like do many women I see here in Indiana go out of there way to just look like nasty trash. Super fat also. No class. Disgusting. Just looking more and more like a third world. Hell, at least in much of real third world I have lived, worked, traveled in - the women at least have class.
How long do you figure until you just don’t leave your house anymore?
Old 28 November 2019, 14:30
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by sHUGHES View Post
The VA in Roanoke has improved dramatically over the past few years. I was actually offered outside eye care at the VA's expense because they had no quick appointments available.

Well that's a good thing. I hope they started making the Doctors introduce themfuckingselves to the patient they were cutting on. Would be a good start. Because I never laid eyes on the sumbicth that cut me. Asshole who he was.

The really hot long haired brunette that I saw during all my pre ops turned out to be the anesthesiologist. So, I let it slide.
Old 28 November 2019, 16:14
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1RiserSlip View Post
I hope they started making the Doctors introduce themfuckingselves to the patient they were cutting on. Would be a good start. Because I never laid eyes on the sumbicth that cut me. Asshole who he was.
Back operation in Tampa VA. I was told, after coming to, that students from across the street did the surgery.

To be fair, I find that it is a common practice, as the pimply-faced pups need to learn their trade somewhere.

Sometimes I get pissed easily, I stayed pissed for....well it still pisses me off that I wasn't told.
Old 28 November 2019, 16:47
Clorox bearer for SOTB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Mess View Post
How long do you figure until you just don’t leave your house anymore?
Well, he's already posting in his underwear eating a taco on his recliner... Sometimes I hate working for the NSA.

If gun control laws controlled crime, we wouldn't need cops.
Quote:
Finally, I believe that punishing lawful gun owners by creating new, more onerous laws, and restricting Constitutionally guaranteed rights, when we already don't enforce the tens of thousands of gun laws we have on the books, is like beating your dog because the neighbor's dog shit in your yard.
"The Reaper"
Old 28 November 2019, 17:10
Back on The Farm

Quote:
Originally Posted by grog18b View Post
Well, he's already posting in his underwear eating a taco on his recliner... Sometimes I hate working for the NSA.
Alright, I have NOT consumed enough wine yet today for that. Please refrain from posting further descriptive analysis until after 6 p.m., when I shall be appropriately inebriated!! Thank you!

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet." Gen. Mattis

"Definition of insanity: Letting the government dictate what the Amendment designed to control the government - means." - Polypro

"The rules only apply when something is going wrong." -Me

"When are you gonna come down?
When are you going to land?
I should have stayed on the farm
I should have listened to my old man" Elton John
Old 28 November 2019, 17:20
Clorox bearer for SOTB

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberChick View Post
Alright, I have NOT consumed enough wine yet today for that. Please refrain from posting further descriptive analysis until after 6 p.m., when I shall be appropriately inebriated!! Thank you!
Don't worry... I would never tell them about your 2am dancing...

If gun control laws controlled crime, we wouldn't need cops.
Quote:
Finally, I believe that punishing lawful gun owners by creating new, more onerous laws, and restricting Constitutionally guaranteed rights, when we already don't enforce the tens of thousands of gun laws we have on the books, is like beating your dog because the neighbor's dog shit in your yard.
"The Reaper"
Old 28 November 2019, 17:21
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole crusty bastard View Post
Back operation in Tampa VA. I was told, after coming to, that students from across the street did the surgery.

To be fair, I find that it is a common practice, as the pimply-faced pups need to learn their trade somewhere.

Sometimes I get pissed easily, I stayed pissed for....well it still pisses me off that I wasn't told.

I know right. I think I could fly an MH-6. Dunno, but I would tell you my flight experience before I asked you to go for a spin.
Old 28 November 2019, 18:32
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole crusty bastard View Post

They're supposed to get your permission before letting a student work on you.
Old 28 November 2019, 19:28
Shakin' the bush Boss

Don't worry KC, LP isn't interested in you unless you get some metal in your face and some trailer park tats.

Our new posting rules