SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 11 December 2019, 18:05
Shakin' the bush Boss

Dog? Hate it for ya bro. Losing a good pet sucks ass.
Old 11 December 2019, 18:07
Confirmed User

dog

yea a lab beagle mix. My most loyal friend ever (not counting family).
Old 11 December 2019, 18:22
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by billdawg View Post
I hear you. 2 weeks ago, the wife and I are driving to Texarkana for a wedding. IN KC, we get rear ended on the interstate, and then the jack ass takes off. We try and follow him, we lose him. So now my rear bumper, my plastic rear bumper is shoved into the tailpipe, and is starting to melt. I figure, we need to turn around ang go back home as we are only 3 hrs from home. I didn't want to get 10 hrs from home with a car on fire. SO, now do we get to pay the $500 deductable round the holidays, I missed my buddies wedding.
People suck
I hear you man. This last Sunday morning the wife and I are out shopping for a recliner chair for our upstairs front living. This is after having a totally shitty experience with a local furniture store. Finally told them to pound sand and give us our money back, which they did. Anyway we found a chair at a store and were driving home. Wife is driving and notices a bunch of police lights in the rear view mirror. I turn around and see them coming too. Before we could pull over to let them by a car runs into the truck behind us hitting the rear driver side quarter panel and taking off it's outside mirror. Then hits us (4 month old 2019 Cherokee) striking our driver side rear quarter panel and taking off the outside mirror. Then proceeds to head down the highway with about 8 police cars flying after them. I told the wife that's not just for shoplifting. Cop stops by to check on us and the other guy, we're good. Comes back in a few minutes to take our report. Cop says folks in the get away car were doing something sketchy by the local mall. A cop walks up to their car to see whats up and almost gets run over by them. Thus the large contingent of cops chasing them. They end up going several miles down the road and crash in a round about. Wife was really pissed. I told her it could of been worse. They could of plowed into our ass end. Then get out of the vehicle to try and hijack the Jeep, possibly with a gun. Of course I was carrying but you got to be smart in those situations. Insurance adjuster looks at the Jeep tomorrow.
Old 11 December 2019, 18:27
33,024 - R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMP View Post
Your post.
This is why I installed a dash cam (front & back). Especially, for driving in the ATL.
Old 11 December 2019, 18:54
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santo Tomas View Post
Said goodbye to my friend today...
Sorry about your friend, words do so little.
Old 11 December 2019, 20:31
Confirmed User

Santo - very sorry to hear about the passing of your buddy, sunny fields.
Old 11 December 2019, 20:34
I reckon so. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFO View Post
This is why I installed a dash cam (front & back). Especially, for driving in the ATL.
Please please share what you find. GD ATL was an ever loving dream of traffic conflict.
(Besides that Murder thing. . . )I'm sitting on JC blvd one day headed to work @5p or so, and I guess some dude didn't get paid and ran off with the bosses tools or something. Both vehicles pulled into the intersection diagonally, playing bumper cars and fists out of windows, crash /bash/mismash and vrooom, the chase was on again. . off they went.

I took another hit off my smoke.

never dull in the ATL.
Old 11 December 2019, 22:32
Confirmed User

Quote:
Rainbow Bridge

There is a bridge connecting Heaven and Earth. It is called the Rainbow Bridge because of its many colors. Just this side of the Rainbow Bridge there is a land of meadows, hills and valleys with lush green grass.

When a beloved pet dies, the pet goes to this place. There is always food and water and warm spring weather. The old and frail animals are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. They frolic and romp all day with one another.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing. They each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They run and play together until the day comes when one of them suddenly stops playing and looks off into the distance. The nose twitches. The ears are up. The bright eyes are intent. The eager body quivers. Suddenly this one runs from the group, faster and faster, leaping and flying over the tall green grass.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you take him or her in your arms and embrace, clinging together in joyous reunion. Happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your cherished pet, so long gone from your life, but never absent from your heart.

And with your pet beside you once again, you cross the Rainbow Bridge together.
Old 11 December 2019, 22:54
Never to old to learn

deleted
Old 12 December 2019, 12:48
Confirmed User

The waiting game as it pertains to federal employment.

After what I consider lightning speed from closing date, to referral, to interview being less than two weeks, I am now at the stage of waiting to hear if I will or will not get a tentative start date. I had the interview(telephonic) today.

I was overly-nervous, and stumbled and bumbled on a couple of questions. Probably due to the fact that if I get the position, it will raise me up 5 pay grades. Pretty serious. I was formerly only one grade below what this new prospect is, however it was dual-status for the ARNG. I got out, so I had to find new employment.

I found it, but at 4 grades below what I was, so this means a lot to my family financially. If anyone has any spare prayers laying around, my family and I sure could use them. Maybe I can post in the "small pleasures" thread if everything goes well.

“To look around at what you have accomplished in a day gives a man a good feeling. Too many men work on parts of things. Doing a job to completion satisfies me.”- Richard Proenneke
Old 12 December 2019, 16:06
Confronting the Reckoning

People who should leave/retire, but wish to stick around to prove a "point."
Old 12 December 2019, 16:24
Been There Done That

Quote:
Rainbow Bridge

There is a bridge connecting Heaven and Earth. It is called the Rainbow Bridge because of its many colors. Just this side of the Rainbow Bridge there is a land of meadows, hills and valleys with lush green grass.

When a beloved pet dies, the pet goes to this place. There is always food and water and warm spring weather. The old and frail animals are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. They frolic and romp all day with one another.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing. They each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They run and play together until the day comes when one of them suddenly stops playing and looks off into the distance. The nose twitches. The ears are up. The bright eyes are intent. The eager body quivers. Suddenly this one runs from the group, faster and faster, leaping and flying over the tall green grass.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you take him or her in your arms and embrace, clinging together in joyous reunion. Happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your cherished pet, so long gone from your life, but never absent from your heart.

Well that’s an awesome thought. I hope it happens just that way.
Old 13 December 2019, 02:53
BTDT

Quote:
Rainbow Bridge

Reading that brought a tear to my eye.
Old 13 December 2019, 10:13
Going cyclic!!

Quote:
I don't usually post private stuff like this, but brother, wanted you to know, that last Thursday, we had to put down Daisy. Our border collie mix of 11 years. She was my constant companion. We were always outside, she was my hiking and camping partner.
I actually went outside with her last thursday and we walked a bit in the yard. I put her in, finished up, came in and she was about gone. We have known that the end was near for awhile. I think now, that she knew it too, but found the strength for one more time with me outside.
Guess I want you to know, that you're not alone. I'm crying now thinking about herside.
I miss my friend
Old 13 December 2019, 10:34

Quote:
... found the strength for one more time ...
And that's the tough part. They're looking out for *us*; their instincts of duty, responsibility won't let them give until they absolutely have to. It's what many of us would aspire to be.

Sorry for your loss, guys. I'm looking at my old guy as I type this, surprised he has gotten out this far and ready to pop smoke anytime, whenever that is.
DaveP
Old 13 December 2019, 14:44
Confirmed User

Quote:
I don't usually post private stuff like this, but brother, wanted you to know, that last Thursday, we had to put down Daisy. Our border collie mix of 11 years. She was my constant companion. We were always outside, she was my hiking and camping partner.
I actually went outside with her last thursday and we walked a bit in the yard. I put her in, finished up, came in and she was about gone. We have known that the end was near for awhile. I think now, that she knew it too, but found the strength for one more time with me outside.
Guess I want you to know, that you're not alone. I'm crying now thinking about herside.
I miss my friend
We have a 3 y/o border collie lab mix that we rescued. She is our third dog and by far the very best. Not that the others were bad. She just has her own personality and style. So sorry for your loss.
Old 13 December 2019, 14:50
Confirmed User

Hate finding a part of my shed roof being gone.. The ridge cap is gone. Never noticed it, until I looked out of the youngest daughters window today.. usually its hidden due to Tree and leaves. They are gone, ridge cap is gone..
Home ownsership is a farce, it owns you.
Old 13 December 2019, 15:50
been ***** **** that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Hate finding a part of my shed roof being gone.. The ridge cap is gone. Never noticed it, until I looked out of the youngest daughters window today.. usually its hidden due to Tree and leaves. They are gone, ridge cap is gone..
Home ownsership is a farce, it owns you.
Fortunately, if that is all that is awry it is easy to replace. Oft times a lousy contractor puts those on improperly, facing the wrong direction.
Old 13 December 2019, 19:40
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by schibbs View Post
Fortunately, if that is all that is awry it is easy to replace. Oft times a lousy contractor puts those on improperly, facing the wrong direction.
Looks easy. Not sure how long its been gone. Shed is a large shed, no mold or obvious damage..
Old 13 December 2019, 21:28
Confirmed User

Watching the Presidents Cup and wondering if these guys actually give a shit.

Our new posting rules