Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Employment and Training > International Jobs

Old 31 January 2012, 23:19
BTDT

Recruiting FSR(s)

*SB Approved*

--READ THOROUGHLY--THIS IS NOT A SECURITY CONTRACT--

Please read the requirements carefully. If you don't meet ALL of the requirements, don't PM. If you meet ALL of the requirements, PM me. Have a resume and cover letter ready to submit, along with your DD214.

Our current FSRs on this program have SF and Ranger Regiment backgrounds, so the competition is strong. If you PM me with anything other than an "I'm qualified and interested, where do I submit the requested info..." I will block you. Thanks.

Forward Support Representative for the Transformative Applications System (PANTHR)

A principal Department of Defense research and development agency is looking for overseas-based combat experienced Forward Support Representatives (FSR) to assist with the introduction of a state-of-the-art tactical handheld solution for military users in Afghanistan.

The PANTHR FSR will be responsible for on-the-ground training and integration of handheld devices within the Afghanistan Theater of Operation and for the development of tailored SOPs related to these supported operations. This is a full-time 1099 contractor position located within the US Bases in Afghanistan. Deployment will be for a period of up to 12 months, with one two week leave at approximately the mid-point. Training on the handheld devices and tactical applications will start prior to deployment and will be provided by the company. These positions are available now.

Requirements

US Citizen. Current Secret clearance and passport are required.
This position requires recent in-depth knowledge and experience with ground-based tactical combat operations as well as an understanding of the patrol debrief and tactical intelligence analysis process, especially as it relates to adapting TTPs and SOPs to meet changing tactical threats.
Stability and support or counterinsurgency operations experience is desired. Patrol/operations combat arms leadership (at the platoon or higher level) experience in Iraq or Afghanistan is a very strong plus.
This position requires frequent communication with unit personnel from patrol leader to platoon, company, battalion, and brigade level leadership. The PANTHR FSR will coordinate training, provide status and capabilities briefs, and demonstrate the devices and applications. The PANTHR FSR should be able to operate independently and provide quality training and support to small tactical units.
During idle time the PANTHR FSR will be expected to refine training practices, entice new users, and develop best practices for end users.
The incumbent must be Microsoft Windows literate, be competent with the Microsoft Office Suite, and a quick-learner of new Web-based applications.
Counter-insurgency, tactical, or training experience a plus. Ideal position for US Army and Marine Corps (USMC) NCOs or Junior Officers with recent combat arms experience. Candidates must possess extraordinary interpersonal relationship skills and be self-motivated and self-disciplined. Experience in military teaching or training is a plus. Minimum High School Diploma; college degree a plus.

Our new posting rules