Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Fitness

Old 27 February 2012, 00:03

For those of you doing this program, has the 1 day of rest in between workouts been enough for you?

For my push up workout, I have been doing 10 sets of push ups throughout the day, maxing out every set. The first few sets I can get out around 70, and I'm at about 35 push ups per set by the 10th set (for around 500-550 total pushups).

The reason I ask, it has taken me about 5-6 months to get to this point, (I only do the workout once every 4-5 days since my chest is really sore for the next few days after the workout).

If the 1 day of rest is enough for the muscles to recover, I'd definitely like to give it a try. Its kind of a pain having to wait days before doing the same workout again.
Old 28 February 2012, 09:44
Confirmed User

I had to take two rest days. If you're already doing 500 pushups in a workout you won't have any problems with this routine.
Old 28 February 2012, 09:57
Problem Solver

Every now and then, just to change-up my workout regimen, I'll do 20 sets of 25 strict-form push-ups (with two minutes rest between each set) for a total of 500 push-ups...

"Oderint, dum metuant" ("Let them hate, so long as they fear") - Caligula

"Those that know don't talk and those that talk don't know."
Old 12 March 2012, 02:22
Confirmed User

I am gonna give this a crack starting in two weeks. Reason being is that I am in the middle of a self-tweaked program that I am working on over here and I want to see it through to the end. Also, I can start on week 3 of the program and I am going on leave in 2ish weeks so it will be something I can do at home. Granted, there is a gym less than a minute from the house but with a 3 year old and by the time I get home my wife will have had our 2nd I am trying to plan for not being able to get out of the house much for gym time.
Old 23 April 2012, 23:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hostile0311 View Post
I think you gotta pay to play this gay one. I'm on the iPhone now but I'm surrounded by stupid links. When will people realize that pushups, situps and pullups really do work if you push yourself? I'm all for pounding on a tire with a sledgehammer or lifting cowbells or kettle bells or whatever the hell you call them...but he best tool you have is your body. When people realize all the resistance you need is provided...all you have to do is start pushing...

Love this. This is EXACTLY how I feel. When it's raining and I actually go the gym people snicker and stare as I'm in the corning cranking out push ups and pull ups. So one day for fun I broke out some dumbells next to some *big* guys that were doing dumbell press. I was getting the 90lb dumbells for 6-8 reps with perfect form.....they stopped snickering.

Our new posting rules