SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Weapons

Old 12 January 2019, 10:50
I reckon so. . .

Over on the Delta Point page, I find the above image.

And that is the only place I see it.

Can they be serious? all that hanging off the proximal end of the slide??
Old 12 January 2019, 14:21
The Sagacious One

Quote:
Originally Posted by litepath View Post

Over on the Delta Point page, I find the above image.

And that is the only place I see it.

Can they be serious? all that hanging off the proximal end of the slide??
I think those sights attach to the back and that sight is mounted to a plate that slides into the dove tail for the rear sight. Jusy buy the damn MOS model.
Old 12 January 2019, 14:43
Deplorable

Based on observations made recently and my vast amount of limited experience - that don't look right.
they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Jeff Cooper
Old 12 January 2019, 14:56
BTDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatbedder View Post
Based on observations made recently and my vast amount of limited experience - that don't look right.

It is. That would be if you didn't want to buy another gun, or have the slide milled. An adapter that fits in the dovetail - which is why they have that $80 (Yes, try not to choke) DPP Rear Sight Accessory mounted on there too. LOL that it's a DPP - the.largest.red-dot.you.can.buy - thing is huge.

Get an MOS
Get an FN 509 Tactical
Get a SIG
Get a CORE
Mill the Slide.
Old 12 January 2019, 15:20
I reckon so. . .

I hear all. . .But damn. They chose to use THAT image on their page? LOL. Customers have sent me Beaucoup photos. None looked like that.

I get it, but wonder why on earth after that nicely priced piece someone would do that?
Old 13 January 2019, 09:05
Freelancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polypro View Post
It is. That would be if you didn't want to buy another gun, or have the slide milled. An adapter that fits in the dovetail - which is why they have that $80 (Yes, try not to choke) DPP Rear Sight Accessory mounted on there too. LOL that it's a DPP - the.largest.red-dot.you.can.buy - thing is huge.

Get an MOS
Get an FN 509 Tactical
Get a SIG
Get a CORE
Mill the Slide.
Get New Glasses.
Old 13 January 2019, 10:20
BTDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPC View Post
Get New Glasses.
That 3 Plane shit ain't better than 1 Plane - especially for civvies in a self defense situation - they (we) will get hemmed up quicker than LE if said bad guy drops whatever weapon as you're focusing on your sharp front sight - assuming you are trained enough to ignore something that may be trying to kill you, and actually have a sharp FS. If not, you have rounds being fired with irons while being threat focused (natural instinct). Do you run irons only, on your home defense AR15?

After evaluating all the pros and cons, this is one of those "new" things that makes sense, to me anyway.

And as is common on the internet - if you were just ribbing me, disregard ^
Old 12 February 2019, 17:41
Red Headed Stepchild

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPC View Post
You can check the HK forums also. Saw a pic of a Red Dot on a P7.
The owner should be beat with electrical wire.
Ha ha no argument there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polypro View Post
RMR just laying around, huh? Must be nice, Mr. Moneybag$
Yeah man...and lighting my cigars with hundreds, you know how it is

It was actually a poor fit for the gun I originally had it on so I thought what the hell. Haven't shot it yet, but I boresighted and did a few dozen presentations shooting the iTarget. Somebody said earlier that the presentation is different, that's definitely true, takes some getting used to. I'm not sure the laser dot is easier to pick up than iron sights, but ask me again in a few years.

The real positive is that it's a lot easier (at least for me) to shoot with both eyes open. Jury's still out, I certainly am not going to make a point of doing this with all my pistols but on this one I think I like it.
Old 13 February 2019, 09:58
BTDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkdrver View Post
Ha ha no argument there.

Yeah man...and lighting my cigars with hundreds, you know how it is

It was actually a poor fit for the gun I originally had it on so I thought what the hell. Haven't shot it yet, but I boresighted and did a few dozen presentations shooting the iTarget. Somebody said earlier that the presentation is different, that's definitely true, takes some getting used to. I'm not sure the laser dot is easier to pick up than iron sights, but ask me again in a few years.

The real positive is that it's a lot easier (at least for me) to shoot with both eyes open. Jury's still out, I certainly am not going to make a point of doing this with all my pistols but on this one I think I like it.

Yeah, I'll say this after about a couple months - if you get a brand new pistol (or just use one that you haven't carried 24/7) so you can run an optic, unless it has the same, or really close grip angle as your 24/7 gun, it will take some getting used to (retraining).

I went from a BHP to an FN 509 Tac with the stock installed curved back strap and was like "holy hell this is going to take some time". It pointed high. Then I used what little brain cells I have left, and installed the FN supplied FLAT backstrap... and bingo. Taking away material from the bottom of the backstrap, lowered the muzzle and it pointed the same as the BHP.

Also, if you think about it, after zeroing, if the dot isn't "on" neither are your sights in reality - you just can't tell as easily with irons.

(Caveat - this applies when you zero the dot at the same range as the factory irons that co-witness, which in my case is 15 yards. You literally put the dot so it bisects the front sight when perfectly aligned in the rear notch and just confirm and tweak a smidge).

Even then, 147gr 9mm ballistics only have it 0.5" high at 25, and almost bang on again at 50 (0.2" high) when zeroed at 15 - so I don't think any of that really matters even if you decide to zero at 25 or 50, or can't co-witness. The dot doesn't lie. That's what I've found anyway.
Old 15 March 2019, 16:06
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsapper View Post
Here's the aforementioned Walther with all it's accessories...
Finally got a chance to shoot this today. Dry fire exercises definitely paid off. Still a little bit of dot hunting and a tendency to close my non-dominate eye on initial engagement.
But I was also shooting irons at the session. I need a dedicated range session just for dot practice. I can see this will be very accurate and quick followups with practice.
I'm a convert!

Shot the following...
115gr TSJ American Eagle Syntech
124gr FMJ American Eagle
147gr FMJ Winchester (Train & Defend)
150gr TSJ American Eagle Syntech

For me, followups were quicker with the 150gr Syntech.

Our new posting rules