SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 16 April 2020, 07:30
Administrator

The 2020 Election Thread

Have at it.
Old 16 April 2020, 07:49
Been There Done That

Well Obama has officially endorses Biden. Should be a done deal now. ; )

Wonder what behind the scene deals were made? How much influence Obama is having in the VP pick.

Kind of amazing how media is so quite on Tara Reade.

This election should be a wake up call, due to what the Virus crisis has brought out. The most restrictive states, like Michigan — Democrat governors.

3 months ago I would have said no way Biden could beat Trump. What the hell is the DNC thinking?! Several other candidates would have had much better chances.

But with the economy tanking, fears, restrictions , etc. there once again has been a real division and a full front attack on Trump. Kind of perfect for this crisis to hit when it did — not saying it was some conspiracy— but sure was a great opportunity to “never let a crisis go to waste” for the liberals.
Old 16 April 2020, 08:24
BTDT

The last 6-months have given the tin foil hat crowd enough fodder to carry us all through judgement day.

I wonder how horrified the average person would be to hear even an ounce of what is REALLY happening behind the curtain in DC.
...this being an election year and all that jaz

Get out and vote people. Don't be afraid to upset your relatives by shining the light of common sense on what the left is doing to this country. Don't be afraid to be "the guy at work that talks about politics" unless you have decided that you just dont care anymore...
Do something productive or STFU - or else you get to have people like Cooper, Newsom, Cuomo, Northam, and others clowns cut from the same cloth running your state while President Biden runs interference for them at the federal level...

vote early - vote often
The left is a treasonous movement. The Democrats became a treasonous organization when they fell under the sway of a movement that rejects our system of government, its laws, and its elections. Now their treason is coming to a head.
- Daniel Greenfield
Old 16 April 2020, 08:43
Been There Done That

Biden's endorsements....goodie goodie gum drops for him. He has to face the televised debates, with no help from aides at his beckoning elbow, and debating Trump. The fumbling, bumbling, and stumbling Biden will endure should be fucking epic. It won't change the die hard, gonna vote for him anyway Dems--but it'll be an eye opener for the swing-vote moderates as well as a healthy portion of the Indie middle-aged crowd.
Old 16 April 2020, 08:49
In Vino Veritas

Biden has an aneurism while debating the POTUS, riots ensue.
Old 16 April 2020, 09:05
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Mess View Post
Biden has a temper, shown it more than once. And Trump WILL NOT hesitate to call him a liar on National television. So yes...you're probably not far off.
Old 16 April 2020, 09:12
Confirmed User

Golly, I wish I could 'like' posts. Biden's temper will get the best of him, Trump knows how to push buttons, and he's not afraid of collateral damage.

I don't know that Bernie's endorsement is going to sway all of his crazy-left followers...I know some Bern Bro's who flatly refuse to vote for Biden.
Old 16 April 2020, 09:18
exquisitus asinus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingo Kane View Post
Trump WILL NOT hesitate to call him a liar on National television.
He'll also call him a crook, the swamp, father of degenerate children, and a hair sniffing perv...

and Biden will take the bait.. more than once..

Unless Her Highness Michelle takes his VP seat, I still dont think he has a chance.. the dem states are floundering under COVID much worse than the R states.. the dems will try to point to POTUS mishandling COVID.. POTUS will easily be able to point to Dems doing even worse in many ways directly related to COVID..

and frankly.. there are no real undecided voters left at this point.. who people were going to vote for was already determined a couple of years ago..

This election isnt about winning over the people in the middle who might swing either way..

This election is about motivating people that are firmly planted on your side of the aisle to go to the polls and vote..

As long as Trump supporters stay pissed and stay concerned about the lunicy of the left.. They will turn out in record numbers..

If they get lazy and comfortable.. well... we're all fucked..

Wanna get the R's pissed off and to completely forget about COVID being an issue in November? Easy task.. Remind them over and over and over again that Biden told the world that Beto is going to be his gun czar.. and Beto has publicly stated he is taking your guns away... Remind them that Joe Biden thinks the 2nd amendment is about protection from criminals.. and that all you need is a shotgun (he even owns own by God!).. that he has personally said he wants to take AR's and other guns away..

R's will turn out en masse..
Old 16 April 2020, 09:46
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Mess View Post
I like how you think.
Old 16 April 2020, 10:51
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdwest View Post
R's will turn out en masse..
The idealistic side of my persona believes that you're right. The realist knows that Republican voters don't turn out en masse. Nobody does.

Our voter engagement is appallingly low, which may be an indication of how we feel in terms of citizens truly being a part of the process.

Quote:
A cliff-hanger presidential election, major issues at stake, an estimated $6 billion spent in the 2012 campaigns, and a significant increase in eligible voters all failed to sustain the upward momentum for turnout from 2004 and 2008.

Voter turnout dipped from 62.3 percent of eligible citizens voting in 2008 to an estimated 57.5 in 2012. That figure was also below the 60.4 level of the 2004 election but higher than the 54.2 percent turnout in the 2000 election.

Despite an increase of over eight million citizens in the eligible population, turnout declined from 131 million voters in 2008 to an estimated 126 million voters in 2012 when all ballots are tallied. Some 93 million eligible citizens did not vote.
Link to 2012 Voter Turnout Report

I've always maintained that if conservatives wanted to take California back, they had every option to do so. They simply didn't vote because they inherently lacked resolve and adopted a defeated attitude. I'd love nothing more than to see Virginians, Californians, and New Yorkers take their states back...but if it will happen it needs to happen soon.
Old 16 April 2020, 11:00
Involuntary Yoga Guy

No way that Biden is the candidate come time to start the process of debates and the real heavy campaigning starts. Waiting to see what’s going to be placed in the vacuum between corona deception hysteria and another attempt to affect a US election is one of the scary questions.

The real interesting things to watch in the political system for people who pay attention will be the pieces and players in the bureaucracy move, disappear, or get called out for an anti-Constitutional over reach.

This stands to be an explosive year. There could be real effect and after effects of people either caught or sacrificed in the Epstein bit, people to be indicted as a result of the failed coup aka Russian Collusion/impeachment, and then possibly some after effects of people caught up in both the Epstein and impeachment issues.

"Let's make this weird", ~Mike2CW
Old 16 April 2020, 11:27
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by chokeu2 View Post
No way that Biden is the candidate come time to start the process of debates and the real heavy campaigning starts.
Scenario 2,276: Joe comes down with the COVID-19 and, for the good of the staff and as an example to the nation - sacrifices his run for POTUS... Then Michelle and Oprah step in to fill the ticket...

Then no one has to admit that the DNC was actually running a Dementia patient for POTUS...
Old 16 April 2020, 11:34
Confirmed User

I unfortunately think Biden will win. I hope I am wrong. This crisis has upended things in ways we cant even quantify yet. That leaves a lot of room for cheating. The coup failed and there is no way the left will pass this chance up to get rid of the President by any means necessary.

This crisis also presents the best possible scenario for Biden and his handlers. Biden now does not have to make public appearances were he constantly ran the risk of his grafts make him look ridiculous and raise questions about if he is fit to hold office.
Old 16 April 2020, 12:09
BTDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by chokeu2 View Post
This stands to be an explosive year. There could be real effect and after effects of people either caught or sacrificed in the Epstein bit, people to be indicted as a result of the failed coup aka Russian Collusion/impeachment, and then possibly some after effects of people caught up in both the Epstein and impeachment issues.

I wish I had enough faith in government for anything of substance to come of ties to Epstein, Secret Off-Shore Bank Accounts (or has everyone forgotten about that one also), soft coup attempts, fraudulent dossiers, intentional COVID-hype to drive public panic, constitutional overreach, or even proof that Hillary is a Lizard Person from planet Nibiru...
...the people that run the system are above the system.
The left is a treasonous movement. The Democrats became a treasonous organization when they fell under the sway of a movement that rejects our system of government, its laws, and its elections. Now their treason is coming to a head.
- Daniel Greenfield
Old 16 April 2020, 12:22
Involuntary Yoga Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
I wish I had enough faith in government for anything of substance to come of ties to Epstein, Secret Off-Shore Bank Accounts (or has everyone forgotten about that one also), soft coup attempts, fraudulent dossiers, intentional COVID-hype to drive public panic, constitutional overreach, or even proof that Hillary is a Lizard Person from planet Nibiru...
...the people that run the system are above the system.
Gotta sadly agree.
I’m thinking I caught a case of confirmation bias from AG Barr, and some of the things he seems to be doing from a layman’s POV.

Let’s not forget the other odd event that happened not long before all this occurred, which was one of the founders of DHS, and a whistleblower of the highest level, murder. A couple, few congress members saying that in no way did he commit suicide, and the man himself saying he would never commit suicide, and was aware that his time may be limited. It’s enough to start shaping a tin foil hat to be construed as a message to other potential whistleblowers who’d might speak up when this hysteria bomb went off. There had to be some major breakdowns in DHS that could have staved off this lock down and hysteria.

None of this makes sense, and every bit of it is political; now.

"Let's make this weird", ~Mike2CW
Old 16 April 2020, 12:50
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keganswar View Post
I unfortunately think Biden will win. I hope I am wrong. This crisis has upended things in ways we cant even quantify yet. That leaves a lot of room for cheating. The coup failed and there is no way the left will pass this chance up to get rid of the President by any means necessary.

This crisis also presents the best possible scenario for Biden and his handlers. Biden now does not have to make public appearances were he constantly ran the risk of his grafts make him look ridiculous and raise questions about if he is fit to hold office.
What factors will be put in play to enable Biden to win big? I am interested to hear what you think Biden brings to the table that Hilary didn't? How does this crisis present "the best possible scenario" for Biden? Biden doesn't have half the political wasta Hilary did, and every time he is under pressure and opens his mouth it becomes a serious political gaffe. Hilary's "deplorable" moment played a significant part in the last election.

Lastly...Biden will not be able to run away from the national debate stage, no matter how hard he tries. He has to stay visible and relevant, and there lies his downfall.
“The nation that will insist upon drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking by cowards.” -William F. Butler
Old 16 April 2020, 13:10
33,024 - R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingo Kane View Post
Biden's endorsements....goodie goodie gum drops for him. He has to face the televised debates, with no help from aides at his beckoning elbow, and debating Trump. The fumbling, bumbling, and stumbling Biden will endure should be fucking epic. It won't change the die hard, gonna vote for him anyway Dems--but it'll be an eye opener for the swing-vote moderates as well as a healthy portion of the Indie middle-aged crowd.
Oh, I don't know. Maybe Donna Brazile will be on the debate panel again, and can give him all of the questions ahead of the debate.
Old 16 April 2020, 13:29
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFO View Post
Oh, I don't know. Maybe Donna Brazile will be on the debate panel again, and can give him all of the questions ahead of the debate.
He'd forget the fucking answers halfway across the stage
Old 16 April 2020, 14:53
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyo72 View Post
What factors will be put in play to enable Biden to win big? I am interested to hear what you think Biden brings to the table that Hilary didn't? How does this crisis present "the best possible scenario" for Biden? Biden doesn't have half the political wasta Hilary did, and every time he is under pressure and opens his mouth it becomes a serious political gaffe. Hilary's "deplorable" moment played a significant part in the last election.

Lastly...Biden will not be able to run away from the national debate stage, no matter how hard he tries. He has to stay visible and relevant, and there lies his downfall.
The lock down is allowing Biden to be handled to minimize his dementia gaffs. Biden will stay relevant because of surrogates like Warren,Obama,and others to include the media without needing to expose himself to any risk of gaffs. The legion of "experts" will parrot that Biden's plans are great and the President has killed Americans on a mass scale with his ineffective leadership. Biden will nod and agree.

If these were normal times and Biden had to be on the campaign trial the environment while controlled to a point is not totally controlled and for a candidate like Biden that is disastrous.

While Biden is not the politician HC or Obama is, someone clearly flexed some influence to get everyone to fall in line. This current crisis is a chance for many of the lefts policies to come into fruition. And one thing the left has going for it is when its game time they ALL get behind the cause.

"Newsom says coronavirus is an ‘opportunity for reimagining a more progressive era" Source below. (broke the link so its not on SOCNET)

www. washingtonexaminer.com /news/newsom-says-coronavirus-is-an-opportunity-for-reimagining-a-more-progressive-era

This is an unprecedented time for our nation. I believe that the President would run circles around Biden in a debate. I think the left knows what time it is and will do whatever they can to mitigate any debate performance. Or not have any debate at all.(best case for them) Or do something like pre-recorded town halls, for social distancing.

As for what Biden brings to the table the same corruption that HC brought to the table. They are both evil people IMO.

Another factor is Biden has a history with China. How will China assist him? I feel confident in saying that China would absolutely prefer Biden over the President.
Old 16 April 2020, 15:00
BTDT

How will China assist Biden ??

All they need to do is remind him that they have receipts for his full purchase price.
They dont need to assist him - they control him. They control him at LEAST as much as the Russians controled President Trump.

But hey - ******** and Google love liberals and Joe has that in spades
- Daniel Greenfield

Our new posting rules