SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Army Special Operations > Special Forces

Old 18 June 2000, 10:16
COL Quaritch is my CO

For all the UW buffs out there.....

My PL found a lovely little site the other day. This one's a front for one of them Mujihadeen groups involved in the Chechen dance-party. This has a RealVideo archive of mayhem. One episode entitled "russian Hell in year2000" show the Islamic version of "Billy-bob and the Boys" perform a passable L-pattern ambush on a Russian convoy. Thhats about 8-minutes into the video. Check out the expression on the Russian POW's face.... Lions and Tigers and War-crimes, oh my.

Snake
25th ID(L)

P.S. If your ever captured by the Majihadeen...do your best to -walk- when they ask you to. They cap a guy due to him being concussed and immobile....
BTW, this one is definately -not- for kids.

Hmmm... Having thought better of it, I figure I'll refrain from posting the URL for now. If anybody wants me to post it, It'll have to wait till I can unscrew my email and get a pass for the SOF-only board.
[This message has been edited by Snake
(edited 06-18-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Snake (edited 06-18-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Snake (edited 06-18-2000).]
Old 18 June 2000, 10:41
COL Quaritch is my CO

Also,
the BMP-series is apparently -extremely- flammable. One brews up in the middle of some bomphock town. Big jet of flame spewing out for about 5 mins....
I'm less than impressed by the Russian tactic of "lets mill around in the open between our BTR's, while the terr's shoot RPG's at us"....

Snake
25th ID(L)
Maybe I'll Branch Armor, after all...
Old 18 June 2000, 11:40
Confirmed User

Exclamation

I don't understand. Are you waiting to post the URL on the SOF only site, or are you trying to use the release of the URL as leverage to get someone to give you the password to the SOF only site?

Old 18 June 2000, 12:00
COL Quaritch is my CO

urrrm, nope.
I got invited to contact the Mods for the pass, but my email is screwed right now.
Due to the amount of kids on this board, I figured Tom and Jack would not be amused at me posting links to footage of combat, with images of KIA's and a guy getting AK'ed at close range....

Snake
25th ID(L)
Old 18 June 2000, 13:46
Confirmed User

Snake, let us know when the e-mail is up. I'll send the secret handshake. This is probably a better way to go than e-mailing Jack or Bom with bonafides...We KNOW who the players are

Polypro

Who wants the URL!
Old 18 June 2000, 13:47
Confirmed User

...Uhmmm........TOM, not Bom
Old 18 June 2000, 13:52
COL Quaritch is my CO

Poly,
cant figure it out on my end. Transmit it via my buddy Falken in tampa.

theblade@tampabay.rr.com

He'll get it to me via netmeeting.

Snake
25th ID(L)
Old 18 June 2000, 17:47
nightinsertion
Visitor

hey Snake,

You know me, and you know I'm no kid. Could I have the URL when u are able/get a chance? Or is this for the special insiders club? If so then its cool! ;p~~~~
Old 18 June 2000, 19:08
Probationary User

Angry

Hey snake,
Your forgetting that us kids...I mean teens joined this site because we love SF and that sort and most of us want to join them when were older. I think its fair to say were better off finding out about this stuff now instead of on an important op when were older and having a nervous breakdown.
Another reason is that were in the MTV generation and blood and gore is an everyday way of life.
STUART.
Old 18 June 2000, 19:14
Been There Done That

Hi Snake;

It is a good site, been using it for the past months for S2 updates. Enjoy the martyr sections =80 Have to agree about not posting it, a little graphic in the photo section. Take care Tropic Lightning...Jim
Old 18 June 2000, 21:43
COL Quaritch is my CO

Jim,
well, these are the "Happiness is a dead infidel" gang. One guy looks like Bob Marley, I swear. He's the one who caps the POW. Was that guy playing possum, or was he concussed? Looked like he might have been playing lame duck. Didnt pay off....
Also, the ID's of the "Russian Special Forces" troopers....well, I doubt most of those guys are spetsnaz. Maybe VDV para's.
After seeing these hijinks, my sympathies are with the Russians. The mujie's look like the "less photogenic" cast of "Red Dawn". Here's a game, count how many times they shout "Allahu Ackbar"....

Snake
25th ID(L)

BTW, this is not for the 18-'s. Sorry kids, but pro's fight so that you guys dont get to see this stuff. Kind of the whole point.

Old 19 June 2000, 02:46
Been There Done That

Hi Snake;

Think he was a little shocky, probably never knew what hit him =80

Most of them are SpetzNaz belonging to the MVD not regular Army, but the Ministry of Interior and Interior Army. The Russian are treating this as an internal revolt, and both sides are rather brutal to the other with few prisoners taken by either.

The weapons of mass destruction the muj talk about are the "Pinochio" MRL's using a fuel/air explosive, which is a violation as they are not to be used against civilians. (I'm rather suprised that the Russ have not used gas very often as yet).

Hehehehe! Don't have enough fingers and toes to count the Allahu Ackbars! catch you latter Tropic Lightning...Jim

Old 19 June 2000, 11:03
nightinsertion
Visitor

I'm not a kid. I'm 21 yrs old and served in the U.S. Navy and am going back into service but not with the Navy.

Our new posting rules