SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Army Special Operations > Special Forces

Old 26 October 1999, 03:14
TR
Visitor

Reserve SF Group

Perhaps someone can help me confirm or deny somehting I'd seen several years back. I recall reading in the RMN that there was a new SF Group being formed in Colorado at that time called the 24th. Is this group real or did it get axed it the budget cuts?

Thanks to anyone who can help

T.R.
Old 26 October 1999, 11:29
Razor
Visitor

Nope, the SF units in CO are: (AD) 10th SFG(A), and (USAR) 5 Bn, 19th SFG(A), with a company in Ft Collins, a company in Pueblo, and a Bn HQ in Denver.
Old 26 October 1999, 11:57
Razor
Visitor

Nope, the SF units in CO are: (AD) 10th SFG(A), and (USAR) 5 Bn, 19th SFG(A), with a company in Ft Collins, a company in Pueblo, and a Bn HQ in Denver.
Old 26 October 1999, 13:20
TR
Visitor

This one was supposidly going to be based out of Golden... guess it got axed before it got off the drawing page.

T.R.
Old 26 October 1999, 19:20
ca_sgt
Visitor

The 19th Group is actually in the National
Guard in CO,UT,CA and WA.
Old 27 October 1999, 10:31
Razor
Visitor

Oops, you're absolutely correct, ca_sgt. I meant to put ANG, but put USAR accidentally. The Group HQ is in UT, with Bns and companies spread to the four winds throughout the southwest and west. For example, two companies of 5th Bn and the Bn HQ is in CO, but the third co is in CA. Talk about geographic diversity! As always, things are fluid; there's talk of moving some of the units to as far away as the east coast (19th SFG; I know, doesn't 20th cover east coast? I guess not enough).

Our new posting rules