SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Welcome To SOCNET > Introduce Yourself With Your First Post Here

Old 12 June 2014, 06:52

First of all thanks for letting me on, I've heard good things about this site. I am an 0321, just got of active duty and have been contracting since. Also, working on a bachelor's in Intelligence, so looking forward to what the site has to offer.
Old 12 June 2014, 16:44

Hello SOCNET, long time lurker first time poster. 28yrs old from California, am a college grad w/ a EMTB cert. Pursuing my professional endeavors/aspirations of joining, learning, training and working with the best, The Green Berets. So I recently enlisted in U.S Army as a 68w in DEP until September and have been working hard to reach my goals. Thanks for hosting wannabees like myself on here, look forward to all of your advice.
Old 13 June 2014, 06:44
On the Extract Bird

New Member from South Africa

I am a veteran of , in timeline order of 6 South African Infantry Regiment 1970, ! Parachute Battalion, 2 Parachute Battalion, 3 Parachute Battalion and 44 Parachute Brigade between the years 1970 and 1978. I have done about 25 military static line jumps, including a combat jump into Angola. I have done about 150 military free fall jumps and between 3500 and 4000 civilian free fall jumps. I represented my country at three World Parachuting Championships, two in Relative Work 8 Way and one in Canopy Relative Work. Was awarded the Bronze medal at the 1983 World Champs RW when I captained my countries 8 Way Team and won the Deutschland Cup in CRW in 1982. I am now a writer and have written a book about the Battle for Cassinga an airborne raid 250 km behind enemy lines in Angola. Thank you very much for accepting me on this site. I hope it will be a mutually beneficial arrangement.
Old 13 June 2014, 07:12
Been There Done That

Welcome aboard Guy. I know of you from the another board...
Old 13 June 2014, 14:06

new member in DFW

Hello everyone, I am an Army reservist - CW2 and prior E-5. Was a Chinook crew chief during my enlisted career and an AH-64D aviator during my Warrant Officer career. I am currently working with Warrant Officer Acessions. Did one tour in during OIF2 in 2004 and have not had the opportunity to deploy as a warrant.
Old 13 June 2014, 18:32
Been There Done That

Welcome aboard - more aviators good...
Old 13 June 2014, 19:31

First post, joined years ago but never completed the registration process.

Prior service in my profile for anyone who cares. Served under Reagan in an ELInt role. If you are active on any other forums you'll recognize my user name and biases.
Old 13 June 2014, 19:49

Good Day,

I am currently in the Marine Corps. I just reenlisted and trying to battle with options for going Recon, MARSOC, or doing an interservice transfer to USASOC.

Hopefully with the help of you guys I can piece together the best/appropriate move!

~HR
Old 13 June 2014, 20:10

Hi everyone, I'm Brian and served in the navy for 6 years.I was a military police officer who severed in the middle east and many other states in the US.After reviewing some threads on this site I decided to post my own thread about working for triple canopy as a force protection officer in kuwait.
Thank you all,
Brian
Old 14 June 2014, 21:24
Wolverines!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH47oif2 View Post
Hello everyone, I am an Army reservist - CW2 and prior E-5. Was a Chinook crew chief during my enlisted career and an AH-64D aviator during my Warrant Officer career. I am currently working with Warrant Officer Acessions. Did one tour in during OIF2 in 2004 and have not had the opportunity to deploy as a warrant.
Welcome to SOCNET. There are a few of us from the FW area on board here.
Old 14 June 2014, 22:17

Hello everyone, former Marine now a Deputy Sheriff in Missouri for 11 years.
Old 14 June 2014, 22:38

Greetings to all community members. First off, assuming that because I didn't complete my profile to the fullest as was required, it took longer to be approved than was stated in the e-mail confirmation - my apologies.

Unlike the many millennials who enjoy sharing the dullest facets of their lives, I try to avoid that, hence why there's little information provided on what I feel is relevant to my bio.

Anyways, I'm here to learn as much as possible from you gentlemen and women to help me in my journey of overcoming difficult obstacles.
Old 15 June 2014, 11:11

Hi all. Newbie here. No military experience but got total admiration for you all. 8 years as police officer in London, UK. Came across this site by accident looking to get into some sort of protection work. if its possible for the likes of me.
I hope I am still welcome on this site and hope to get some valuable advice from you guys.

Stay safe out there lads
Old 16 June 2014, 02:23

Hi there thanks for adding me. Former Air Force Crew Chief here spent most of my time stationed in Little Rock until I got out in 2008.
Old 17 June 2014, 04:54
Cloud bursting...

MOD EDIT:Take your silly question to PM, and unless the poster is a personal acquaintance or friend of yours, you don't need to welcome everyone to SOCnet.

The moderators (like myself and others) can handle the greetings as necessary.

And no, I don't need a PM saying you're sorry

Thanks

Last edited by RGR.Montcalm; 17 June 2014 at 11:51.
Old 21 June 2014, 02:07

Greetings. Long time lurker here; just like to sit back and take in the experience that everyone on this board has to offer. Former Infantry and now a 35L. Thank you for allowing me here and I look forward to working with some of you someday.
Old 21 June 2014, 11:11
Confirmed User

I have been a member here since 05. Now I'm pretty sure I posted an intro in the proper thread 9 years ago, but I can't find it. So since I don't work for the IRS, and can't use that as an excuse, in the interest of not ending up on the extract bird, here it is again. Former Canadian Soldier, worked on both Dyn and BW WPPS details for 3 yrs starting in 05. Now to answer the question before it's asked, I have dual US/Can citizenship, which is how I was able to get the proper clearance to work the DoS contracts.
Thanks, Robert

Last edited by keller; 21 June 2014 at 11:30.
Old 22 June 2014, 08:27

Intro:

I served 11 years in the USAF K9 and Security Forces career field, along with a little time in the civilian LE arena. For the last several years I've been in the overseas contracting business.

Thanks for having me aboard.
Old 22 June 2014, 09:23

Hello all, I did 14 years in the infantry in the Marine Reserves. One deployment to Iraq in 04-05. Just transferred to ANG for TACP.
Old 22 June 2014, 10:12

Hello. I am former Navy. I was a Fire Control Technician (FC). While aboard USS Guam (LPH-9), I was a member of the team that maintained and operated the CIWS mounts.

Our new posting rules