SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 15 March 2018, 11:35
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildoc View Post
... a fair assumption to claim that presidential appointed leadership may fall to one side or the other. ...
I'm now out of the loop, but the same could be said for most of the gov attorneys (not just the political appointed ones) working in the D.C. region.
Old 15 March 2018, 12:21
The Sagacious One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
It is downright amazing to watch the governing class spend so much time and energy and work SO hard to be inactive.

...and at the same time, I no longer blame the government - inactivity isn't Jeff Sessions "problem" it is his raison d'Ítre. Instead, I choose to blame people that give these politicians a reason to fight for inactivity.

65 million Americans prefer a Hilary Clinton led government.
65 million American spend their days hanging on every single word that people like Adam Schiff have to say.
65 million people think that Amy Schumers second cousin, twice removed is "fighting the good fight" against the POTUS
65 million people think Sean Hannity's statements are soaked in conspiracy theory while Rachel Madcows are... possible
65 million Americans would gladly put our nations political decisions in the hands of emotional teenagers that eat soap

...so I no longer blame politicians for this primordial soup of social chaos we live. I blame people.

The problem is US
But when you spend 3 decades addicting people to drama, is it really the addicts fault? I am truly unsure, but I guess at some point in life, you have to kick the habit yourself. Others are probably comfortable with the addiction as it is the only thing that breaks through the mind numbing boredom of living in fear.

Last edited by The Fat Guy; 15 March 2018 at 14:57.
Old 15 March 2018, 12:36
Old and Broke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
McCabe isn't going to get fired and lose his pension because too many people are afraid of what will surely happen when the pendulum inevitably swings back the other way.

Same shit, different year...
I assumed he retired in lieu of being fired, so his pension is probably safe.
Don't know if he can be administratively demoted, and lose money that way though.
Old 15 March 2018, 14:18
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SN View Post
I assumed he retired in lieu of being fired, so his pension is probably safe.
Don't know if he can be administratively demoted, and lose money that way though.
He is on Terminal Leave until his retirement date next week. 6C retirement coverage requires 20 years of covered Fed LE time. If he doesn't make his 20 he will still get some money but not a full pension. I think firing him is more about the "optics" than taking money and benefits from him.
You can have yours, just give me mine
When the hound dog barkin' in the black of the night
Stick my hand in my pocket, everything's all right

-ZZ Top
Old 15 March 2018, 14:20
Confirmed User

Does anyone know how the rank and file agents feel about firing him? From the outside looking in the FBI is a dumpster fire.
Old 15 March 2018, 14:22
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keganswar View Post
Does anyone know how the rank and file agents feel about firing him? From the outside looking in the FBI is a dumpster fire.

My guess would be the rank and file are loving it, seeing a stuffed suit politician pretending to be an FBI Agent getting fired.

-ZZ Top
Old 15 March 2018, 14:27
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
McCabe isn't going to get fired and lose his pension because too many people are afraid of what will surely happen when the pendulum inevitably swings back the other way.

Same shit, different year...
Not unlike those unwritten rules of baseball.

The tide has turned a bit in the military, Generals protecting Generals and all that, but you'll still see administrations from different parties trying their best not to bring the hammer down too hard on previous administrations for that exact reason.

They don't want to be caught in the crosshairs after they leave office.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
He is on Terminal Leave until his retirement date next week. 6C retirement coverage requires 20 years of covered Fed LE time. If he doesn't make his 20 he will still get some money but not a full pension. I think firing him is more about the "optics" than taking money and benefits from him.
It probably works differently from state to state and at the federal level, but in Illinois, anybody who is denied a pension at the municipal or state government level gets back only the money that they put in. That goes for those who were fully vested (had 20+ years and were stripped of their pension due to misconduct) or those who have less than 20 and leave government service.

His retirement is effective this Sunday I believe, so any action has to take place within the next 4 days. Perhaps they leaked out that news just to make him sweat a little bit at the 11th hour, I doubt he'll actually be fired.
Old 15 March 2018, 14:32
Problem Solver

For the record, McCabe's already got 20+ years on the job; he's been with the Bureau since '96.

"Oderint, dum metuant" ("Let them hate, so long as they fear") - Caligula

"Those that know don't talk and those that talk don't know."
Old 15 March 2018, 14:46
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

As I understand it, he needs 22 to be fully vested for a pension at the federal level, although I may be mistaken. Perhaps Sharky knows the number of years required.

That's why his being fired at this late date, just days from his actual retirement taking effect, would deny him a pension. I can recall some guys in the Army having to leave for one reason or another during the big RIF of '91 just a year or two shy of their 20. Many of them received some compensation, but it didn't make up for the money they lost out on by not getting a pension.
Old 15 March 2018, 15:10
Confirmed User

"Perhaps they leaked out that news just to make him sweat a little bit at the 11th hour, I doubt he'll actually be fired."

Or to make the masses think they were going to do something but damn they just ran out of time and couldn't get him processed quick enough to deny the pension. More swamp games.
Old 15 March 2018, 20:12
Been There Done That

Quote:
It appears he has 22 years in an 1811 position and is vested.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_McCabe
Old 15 March 2018, 20:22
Been There Done That

Quote:
My guess would be the rank and file are loving it, seeing a stuffed suit politician pretending to be an FBI Agent getting fired.
You are not speculating, I remember when this report was circulated.

A significant percentage of FBI employees that we surveyed believed that higher-level employees were treated more leniently in the FBI’s disciplinary system. In our survey, we asked FBI employees whether they agreed or disagreed with the following statement: “There is a double standard of discipline for higher-ranking versus lower-ranking FBI employees.” Of 717 respondents who answered this question, 33 percent agreed with the statement that a double standard of discipline exists in the FBI, 11 percent disagreed, and the rest either had a neutral opinion or responded that they did not know. When we compared the survey responses of non-SES employees with those of SES employees, we found non-SES employees were more likely to believe that there is a double standard than SES employees were.
https://oig.justice.gov/reports/FBI/e0902/final.pdf
Old 15 March 2018, 21:23
Unemployed Stunt Double

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fu King Lawyer View Post
You are not speculating, I remember when this report was circulated.

A significant percentage of FBI employees that we surveyed believed that higher-level employees were treated more leniently in the FBIís disciplinary system. In our survey, we asked FBI employees whether they agreed or disagreed with the following statement: ďThere is a double standard of discipline for higher-ranking versus lower-ranking FBI employees.Ē Of 717 respondents who answered this question, 33 percent agreed with the statement that a double standard of discipline exists in the FBI, 11 percent disagreed, and the rest either had a neutral opinion or responded that they did not know. When we compared the survey responses of non-SES employees with those of SES employees, we found non-SES employees were more likely to believe that there is a double standard than SES employees were.
https://oig.justice.gov/reports/FBI/e0902/final.pdf
Pretty standard across the federal government and military these days. Just the way things are now.
Old 15 March 2018, 21:41
Administrator

Ha! My company is just as bad. Zero accountability at the C level.
Old 15 March 2018, 21:51
Make a desert and call it peace.

Managerialism in action. Ruthlessly amass authority, desperately avoid accountability. S/F....Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what Iím about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldnít do if you still had your weapons."ó L. Neil Smith
Old 16 March 2018, 06:08
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
In fact none of this is what I've read in the press.
Nor is it personal knowledge, right?
Quote:
I'd bet money you're right. I'd expect the guys at the worker bee level consider this whole thing an embarrassment and a slap in the face.

Last edited by Gray Rhyno; 16 March 2018 at 06:14.
Old 16 March 2018, 08:32
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Rhyno View Post
...I'd expect the guys at the worker bee level consider this whole thing an embarrassment and a slap in the face.
It's usually those people that are having to deal with the second and third order effects of the clowns above who don't "mingle" with the lower class. Like most big corporations, the upper crust have completely lost touch with the workers and routinely make decisions with impunity that leave the workers suffering for it.
Old 16 March 2018, 08:52
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
As I understand it, he needs 22 to be fully vested for a pension at the federal level, although I may be mistaken. Perhaps Sharky knows the number of years required.

6C Fed LEO is 20 years. Used to be the max age at hiring was 37. Now there are waivers available in some cases. If you are still a GS-15 or below when you hit 57 you hit mandatory retirement. I don't think that applies to SES' though. Although things could have changed and I'm just not aware of it.

Either way, I do hope they fire that smug sumbitch.

-ZZ Top
Old 16 March 2018, 09:05
Been There Done That

We can all hope, but I'll be floored if Jeff Sessions has the balls to do it.
"The nice thing about Twitter, in the old days when I got attacked it would take me years to get even with somebody, now when Iím attacked I can do it instantaneously, and it has a lot of power. You see some genius statements on Twitter. You see some statements coming out which are Ernest Hemingway times two." - The Trumpmeister
Old 16 March 2018, 09:46
Unemployed Stunt Double

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubar View Post
We can all hope, but I'll be floored if Jeff Sessions has the balls to do it.
Jeff Sessions is too busy going after marijuana, which is apparently the biggest criminal problem facing our country today.

Our new posting rules