SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 30 June 2018, 02:41
Been There Done That

All great responses I must admit.

I was thinking more primitive. Like Ranger catapult.

Wait. Grog said pointing & grunting. I guess that's really more primitive.

John Wayne as J.B. Books in the Shootist
Old 30 June 2018, 08:20
Authorized Personnel

I have zero issues with fireworks, but like the vast majority of laws, the bans against them are because of the 94% of population that lacks common sense.
Old 30 June 2018, 08:59
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Rhyno View Post
I have zero issues with fireworks, but like the vast majority of laws, the bans against them are because of the 94% of population that lacks common sense.
I just happened to witness and nearly become victim to a misguided firework last night.

I don't know what it was called. It had very similar characteristics of a fucking Soviet 122 mm rocket.

Old 30 June 2018, 14:15
Clorox bearer for SOTB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Rhyno View Post
This country started going downhill when people assumed that they could solve the vast majority of human problems with laws, bans, and regulations.

Little did they know that thing we all know; that the majority of human problems can be solved with an appropriate charge of high explosives.

If gun control laws controlled crime, we wouldn't need cops.
Quote:
Finally, I believe that punishing lawful gun owners by creating new, more onerous laws, and restricting Constitutionally guaranteed rights, when we already don't enforce the tens of thousands of gun laws we have on the books, is like beating your dog because the neighbor's dog shit in your yard.
"The Reaper"
Old 30 June 2018, 17:02
Confirmed User

Dissolve potassium permanganate in nitric acid/sulphuric acid mix.
Paint the liquid onto a flat solid surface and watch flies disintegrate.
Major amusement at military college.
Safe
M
Old 30 June 2018, 17:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1RiserSlip View Post
I just happened to witness and nearly become victim to a misguided firework last night.

I don't know what it was called. It had very similar characteristics of a fucking Soviet 122 mm rocket.
A few years ago at a cities fireworks display they had to shoot them backwards over our hear. Difficult to watch. I was leaning up against a chain link fence with others watching when all of a sudden a dud went way up and didn't explode and the canister landed about 10 feet from me in a huge thud. I scrambled away, very quickly, but then a young teenager went over and picked it up and carried it off. I yelled at the boy but couldn't get his attention. I think his name was Darwin. Nothing happened but I got nervous.
Old 30 June 2018, 20:09
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

Right now, I haven't been hearing hardly any fireworks as we head into the 4th. Years past people would start setting them off a week or two in advance.

Although some people just south of me put on a pretty good display a few days back, the one where the OTC aerial rockets looked like minature professional grade stuff. That was pretty cool, I hope they kept some in reserve so I can get another show out of it.
Old 30 June 2018, 20:22
Authorized Personnel

None have gone off near me, I may have to get the party started with a 1 pound charge.
Old 1 July 2018, 11:36
Been There Done That

I stopped in a place the other day.

Fireworks/Military Discount

Ranger/Military Discount/Explosives. Good thing I had supervision with me.

As a retired 1SG, obviously my biggest issue is the trash residue.

Old 1 July 2018, 13:34
Old and Broke

Burn ban here, so no aerial stuff. I'll go watch a show instead this year.
Old 1 July 2018, 18:21
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by SN View Post
Burn ban here, so no aerial stuff. I'll go watch a show instead this year.
just because you'll obey, doen't mean the neighbors will.
Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical and radical minority, rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Old 1 July 2018, 19:38
Make a desert and call it peace.

The problem with fireworks in Chicago is that it makes it hard to distinguish the small arms fire. S/F....Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what Iím about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldnít do if you still had your weapons."ó L. Neil Smith
Old 3 July 2018, 17:35
Been There Done That

Time to set up the mortars!!!!!
Old 5 July 2018, 07:58
BTDT

...aaaaannnddd

No lost fingers - no fistfights. Every year there are a few of us that shoot a few bottle rockets in the air - drink few beers and go to bed
...every year there are a few spoil sports that call the cops or report us to the HOA

This year my next door neighbor invited half the neighborhood to a yard party - dogs and drinks and fireworks

...the spoil-sports didn't show up and it was the nosiest - longest barrage of hillbilly fireworks in that neighbor hood in the 10 years I have lived there - no cops were called.

Lots of bottle and cans for the recycle bin.
Good times
The left is a treasonous movement. The Democrats became a treasonous organization when they fell under the sway of a movement that rejects our system of government, its laws, and its elections. Now their treason is coming to a head.
- Daniel Greenfield
Old 5 July 2018, 08:49
Been There Done That

I went to my almost local big show. The cops were out in force protecting us from terrorists. A couple of thoughts came to mind while I was sitting there: Why do they need to be all jocked up? Did the terrorists win?

IMG_0096.jpg

IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0105.jpg
"The nice thing about Twitter, in the old days when I got attacked it would take me years to get even with somebody, now when Iím attacked I can do it instantaneously, and it has a lot of power. You see some genius statements on Twitter. You see some statements coming out which are Ernest Hemingway times two." - The Trumpmeister
Old 5 July 2018, 08:58
Authorized Personnel

Did the Army steal Police vehicles?
Old 5 July 2018, 09:00
Authorized Personnel

Cringe-worthy. Why are they in multicam/tactical? Why are they hanging off of vehicles?
Old 5 July 2018, 14:28
Confirmed User

Got up for work this morning, 04:00, found a fireworks refugee in my back yard. Old English Sheep Dog. Came right up to me, followed me into the house, a few cookies and bowl of water and it calmed right down.

Hopefully it doesn't take too long to find the owner, or my wife will get attached and that will be that...
Old 5 July 2018, 14:52
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CV View Post
Why are they hanging off of vehicles?
Buy armored car to protect officers. Officers ride on the outside... Tactical kits on golf carts.... I got nuttin.

Multicam in a largely green-scape = ACU any where.... nevermind.... most of hte grass i dead and brown in the pictures so they are GTG...
Old 5 July 2018, 14:56
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
...aaaaannnddd

No lost fingers - no fistfights. Every year there are a few of us that shoot a few bottle rockets in the air - drink few beers and go to bed
...every year there are a few spoil sports that call the cops or report us to the HOA

This year my next door neighbor invited half the neighborhood to a yard party - dogs and drinks and fireworks

...the spoil-sports didn't show up and it was the nosiest - longest barrage of hillbilly fireworks in that neighbor hood in the 10 years I have lived there - no cops were called.

Lots of bottle and cans for the recycle bin.
Good times
I think I may have heard your neighborhood lolol We had some rednecks woopin it up on our end of town also

I live in Grays Creek just a bit S of HMills if you don't know where it is.. No stiff upper lips down here...game on

Our new posting rules