Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 21 March 2017, 16:20
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expatmedic View Post
Reportedly, he has stated he will be standing this season during our national anthem.
Maybe he likes to attend baseball games, because the only anthem played where he will be on a field won't be ours.

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician
Old 21 March 2017, 19:35
Anesthetized User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keganswar View Post
My Raiders lost Murry that was a big hit for us. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they stay far far away from Peterson and all his baggage.
Did Aldon Smith get released? I thought he had some weapons charges pending. What a waste, I was rooting for him in SF. Justin Smith on the line and Aldon at LB was tough on QB's.

Support SOCNET.
Old 21 March 2017, 22:04
Life is simple, not easy.

Quote:
Did Aldon Smith get released? I thought he had some weapons charges pending. What a waste, I was rooting for him in SF. Justin Smith on the line and Aldon at LB was tough on QB's.
Yes they were a terror together!
He is now under investigation for domestic violence last time I checked. He is (was) a beast on the field but he is the poster child throwing away talent. He probably shouldn't see the field until a pot smoking talent like Josh Gordon gets back on the field for the Browns.

Chaplain: "God moves in mysterious ways...", but ... well.... uhh... welcome aboard!
Old 21 March 2017, 22:58
Anesthetized User

Sigi, think the Raiders will end up in LV? I think they will. The league and owners want into LV bad methinks.

Support SOCNET.
Old 22 March 2017, 12:13
Confirmed User

Quote:
Yes he did. But that guy is a dumpster fire. Amazing talent though. I have been thinking about Lynch and him coming out of retirement to play. At first I was not fond of the idea but the more I think about it, if Lynch has the fire to win after that last super bowl he may still have a few good years left. And I think he would ad value to the locker room.
Old 22 March 2017, 12:38

Quote:
Sigi, think the Raiders will end up in LV? I think they will. The league and owners want into LV bad methinks.
I'm a Browns fan for life but I'd have zero problem also supporting the Las Vegas Raiders. I think the votes are there for the move. I believe they vote in April. I'm liking the stadium design concepts I've seen.

Chaplain: "God moves in mysterious ways...", but ... well.... uhh... welcome aboard!
Old 22 March 2017, 13:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
I'm a Browns fan for life but I'd have zero problem also supporting the Las Vegas Raiders.
Showgirls instead of cheerleaders!

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician
Old 27 March 2017, 14:37

Quote:
It's official: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19016323/raiders-move-las-vegas-approved-31-1

Old 27 March 2017, 15:00
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

I will laugh my ass off if Cutler winds up with the Jets, especially since the Bears just signed one of their QB castoffs, Mark Sanchez, to a one year deal.

If the Bears don't pick up a decent mid round QB in the draft, they're more than likely going to have to start from scratch again as far as GM/coaching goes. That's the problem with the Bears, they're always picking up the flotsam and jetsam from the rest of the league.

I'll bet GMs on opposing teams and players looking to catch on with a team lick their chops whenever the phone rings and Ryan Pace is on the other end of the line, looking to make a deal .
Old 27 March 2017, 15:07
Been There Done That

Quote:
It's official: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19016323/raiders-move-las-vegas-approved-31-1
Grew up as a Raider fan back in 70's. Yeah, I'm that fucking old.... I'm happy about this move. Can't wait to get my hands on some Vegas Raiders gear.
"The nice thing about Twitter, in the old days when I got attacked it would take me years to get even with somebody, now when Iím attacked I can do it instantaneously, and it has a lot of power. You see some genius statements on Twitter. You see some statements coming out which are Ernest Hemingway times two." - The Trumpmeister
Old 27 March 2017, 15:08
Confirmed User

Quote:
This is great news. As a life long raiders fan now I can take cheap flights out to see them play. Great move for the team and fans imo.
Old 27 March 2017, 15:16
Problem Solver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubar View Post

Grew up as a Raider fan back in 70's...
Ah. the good ol' days with Ken Stabler, Fred Biletnikoff, Cliff Branch, Jack Tatum, Gene Upshaw, Lester "The Molester" Hayes, et al...

Back when football was football.

"Oderint, dum metuant" ("Let them hate, so long as they fear") - Caligula

"Those that know don't talk and those that talk don't know."
Old 27 March 2017, 15:17

Now there's something worthwhile to do in Vegas instead of losing your money.
Old 27 March 2017, 15:49
I've got a gun too, mf'er

I still say they should change their name to the "Sin City Raiders."
- Bootsy Collins
"If you don't like freedom, for heaven's sake, pack your bags and leave"
- Rotterdam Mayor Ahmed Aboutaleb
"I appeal to all our citizens, no matter from what land their forefathers came, to keep this ever in mind, and to shun with scorn and contempt the sinister intriguers and mischief-makers who would seek to divide them along lines of creed, or birthplace or of national origin."
- Teddy Roosevelt
Old 27 March 2017, 16:53

Might be time to change their logo:

Old 27 March 2017, 16:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
She'll eat your soul while you are distracted by her pirate booty.

Edit to add: she bears a resemblance to a young Joan Jett.

Old 27 March 2017, 23:01
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner View Post

Looks fine to me.. go Raiders!!!

Our new posting rules