SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Employment and Training > Domestic Jobs

Old 7 October 2010, 10:23
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyder0311 View Post
FYI - We use P229 .40 DAK's or DAO's. Everyone is required to maintain they're own Guard and Firearms Card. Obtaining a CCW is highly encouraged and those that posses them get a yearly bonus. Same goes for EMT certs, and Life Guard certs.
Can you say what the bonuses are in relation to the various certifications and are the bonuses cumulative if more than one applies to one of your security peeps?

Thanks again for all of the good info.
Old 7 October 2010, 10:37
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPT_1113 View Post
The "No tobacco rule" is fucking retarded. Also, from the job description it sounds like this is less about EP and more about being a baby-sitter/chauffeur for Lady fucking GaGa.

I value integrity more so than money. No thank you, and quit bumping your own post.
Personally, I like the insight into GDB's operation. Sometimes learning about other aspects of the industry, or industries is beneficial. Hell, I may have a buddy at some point down the road who will need a job and doesn't mind drinking the kool-aid, or the smoking rule. By what I learn here, I may be able to help square him/her away, because at the end of the day, especially in this economy a job is a job and that's what pays the bills.
Old 7 October 2010, 11:19
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPT_1113 View Post
.... it sounds like this is less about EP and more about being a baby-sitter/chauffeur for Lady fucking GaGa.
Folks looking to get in the door need to understand that this is where the commercial market is. The "i was PSD in a sandy place" sends most corporate detail managers running a mile.

The corporate, or what i like to call the "Wall Street" market is about service as a routine activity. Sure the EP agents need to know how to be "tough guys", but the chances that they'll need to be are very very slim - keeping the client happy on a daily basis however is a must.

Regardless of GBA no tobacco rule, I've seen EP agents and security drivers fired BY THE CLIENT for stinking of cigarette's.

This thread looks to me like an excellent opportunity for someone that WANTS to work in corporate/provate sector/CONOS EP.

No job is forever and to have a known entity such as GBA on your resume won't hurt in most cases.
I have no affiliation at all with GBA or it's staff members, but as some members have posted, there are far worse jobs than this and in todays saturated market, it looks like a great opportunity for someone needing work.

H
Old 7 October 2010, 12:08

Thumbs up

Thank you guys.

I posted here with the intent of finding some great candidates... and I have! I've received outstanding feedback, and dozens of resumes from you all. EVERY SINGLE resume I've gotten from here completely blows the ones we receive from other job listing sites OUT OF THE WATER! A true testament to the socnet community. For those of you on the fence about sending me your resumes and need work...SEND THEM! Our Novemeber EPS academy is filling up fast.

I'm all about helping people out, and I'll do everything I can to help those that WANT A JOB.

Snyder OUT!
Old 7 October 2010, 12:53
Administrator

All,
Me and a Moderator, Rat, handled the comments made by TPT_1113. No one else needs to follow up on it. It's a dead issue.

Thanks
Old 7 October 2010, 13:10
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbullet View Post
All,
Me and a Moderator, Rat, handled the comments made by TPT_1113. No one else needs to follow up on it. It's a dead issue.

Thanks
Understood. Back in my lane.

H
Old 7 October 2010, 13:55
Rocket Surgeon

Again, tip of the hat to Snyder for putting the opportunity out there. $55k may not be a ton in LA, but it beats unemployment, and there is room to grow. I knew a few GDB guys who were earning a very nice paycheck and were true professionals. GDB has been the foot in the door for a lot of good protective agents. I highly recommend his books for those who are looking at getting into the industry. They should be mandatory reading for new guys.
Old 7 October 2010, 15:52
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Believeraz View Post
Again, tip of the hat to Snyder for putting the opportunity out there. $55k may not be a ton in LA, but it beats unemployment, and there is room to grow. I knew a few GDB guys who were earning a very nice paycheck and were true professionals. GDB has been the foot in the door for a lot of good protective agents. I highly recommend his books for those who are looking at getting into the industry. They should be mandatory reading for new guys.

Hey B...fuck da po-lice! :) J/K Nothing but love, man...

+1 on the GDB books. They really are solid.

Snyder0311...how many slots do you have available? Just curious, as you have said you have "dozens" of resumes. Does everyone start on the bottom tier, no matter experience?
Old 7 October 2010, 16:23

The size of the academy depends on the needs of the company. Typically an academy can be anywhere from 5-20 guys. My academy had 10.

It doesn't matter if you are 40 and were CIA-SAD or you are 22 and just finished your Criminal Justice degree. Everyone starts on the same level. Granted the CIA guy's acelleration would probably be quicker, but that's up to him. How involved he wants to be, and what he brings to the table.

Read these two success stories for an idea of how our "meritorious system" works.

https://www.gavindebecker.com/employ...story/brian_c/

https://www.gavindebecker.com/employ...ory/castulo_b/
Old 7 October 2010, 20:55
Overseas Gunplumber

One thing I want to know is how does one get a CCW in California? I needed one for a a job offer and was told that hell would freeze over before I got one in L.A County.

I have been to some armorer courses.

Owner- Semper Paratus Arms, LLC
Old 7 October 2010, 23:52
"We're all bad in someone's story...."

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraqgunz View Post
One thing I want to know is how does one get a CCW in California? I needed one for a a job offer and was told that hell would freeze over before I got one in L.A County.
Read thru here...

California Concealed Weapons Forum

Stay safe.
Old 8 October 2010, 00:21
Overseas Gunplumber

Guy,

I am very familiar with that site and calguns as a former California exile. But, I can tell you that in L.A county you are not getting a CCW unless you are very rich or connected. I went to two different sheriffs stations and they said forget about it.

I was going to work for bailbond company and they highly encouraged me to get the CCW permit as well as the other ridiculous ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy View Post
Read thru here...

California Concealed Weapons Forum

Stay safe.

I have been to some armorer courses.

Owner- Semper Paratus Arms, LLC
Old 8 October 2010, 01:53
What the F@%* do I know??

There are a couple cities in LA County that Issue CCW, Culver City and Beverly Hills. As fare as anyone else in LA County you have to be a retired Local or Fed living in LA County for the Sheriff to issue a CCW. LAPD takes care of LA City areas.

There are a couple of ways to obtain a CCW in LA County
1) Become a reserve officer on a small department, Maywood PD, Culver City PD, West Covina PD they're a few others.
2) Become a reserve on LAPD or LASD

Now another way is to move San Bernardino County, SBSD has always been the easiest route in acquiring a CCW.

Also look into Orange County, OCSD has been issuing CCW's for the last couple years, but you have to have a SOLID reason

http://www.ccwusa.com/id6.html
http://www.calccw.com/
http://www.californiaconcealedcarry.com/

San Diego is another option

I had good luck with SBSD
Good Luck
D
This then, is what allows me—knowing your high Standards for quality, reliability and excellence—to offer you my services. I'm experienced, highly skilled, and silent professional who prefers to plan, train, and support in such a manner that precludes or prevents risks rather than attempting to control them—in a reactionary manner . . .
Old 8 October 2010, 02:29
Confirmed User

Snyder, what is the possibility of steady work in Tahoe area? The chance of getting assigned that location? I for one would definitly have to quit tobacco to conform to guidelines.

Its funny, I actually started dipping from my time out on patrols sitting in hides and FFP's to help stay awake on lack of sleep.

I also know when not to use, even though I can and do gut snuff when the situation can allow it. Like not using during the occasional time I drive the limo during VIP visits. Not alot of people want to see it floating in your teeth the moment you actually do have to open your mouth. Personally, I wouldnt anyway on an EP gig, looks like id have to quit all together.

When I dont dip it doesnt enrapture me with meth like withdrawals or blurry vision, im usually worried about ice cold water/Gatorade being in my limo, not hitting potholes, controlling the vehicle in a comfortable manner for the client, and ultimately the whole host of things involved with providing safe/protected/not embarrased transport in the motorcade. Oh and making sure the limo doesnt stink, and is clean and waxed. There is a place for this in high threat as well. Its been pointed out though.

Thanks for the info and insight.
Old 8 October 2010, 02:46
In Vino Veritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangodown View Post
There are a couple cities in LA County that Issue CCW, Culver City and Beverly Hills. As fare as anyone else in LA County you have to be a retired Local or Fed living in LA County for the Sheriff to issue a CCW. LAPD takes care of LA City areas.

There are a couple of ways to obtain a CCW in LA County
1) Become a reserve officer on a small department, Maywood PD, Culver City PD, West Covina PD they're a few others.
2) Become a reserve on LAPD or LASD

Now another way is to move San Bernardino County, SBSD has always been the easiest route in acquiring a CCW.

Also look into Orange County, OCSD has been issuing CCW's for the last couple years, but you have to have a SOLID reason

http://www.ccwusa.com/id6.html
http://www.calccw.com/
http://www.californiaconcealedcarry.com/

San Diego is another option

I had good luck with SBSD
Good Luck
D
Riverside is pretty easy as well. But you have to have residency established where ever you apply.
Old 19 October 2010, 21:30
Authorized Personnel

Has anyone actually been picked up for this?
Old 20 October 2010, 13:07
Confirmed User

I got a call to go to the physical assesment, but couldn't make it because it was on a saturday morning and I was on my Army Guard weekend. I was hoping that they could get me in during the week after but they apparently aren't going to be testing again until January.

Just as a side note. Don't they have to test you at a later date if you are orders when the test occurs? Not to stir the pot, just curious...
Old 20 October 2010, 21:04

Snyder 0311,

Are you looking for candidates in the Chicago-land area? How many guys at the Chicago office?

Thanks in advance, RC
Old 25 October 2010, 16:27
Confirmed User

Wow, a GBA thread. Do they still require that all agents at all posts wear body armor?
Old 26 October 2010, 11:22
On the Extract Bird

I would like to apologize for my post in this thread. WHen i made this post, i had just read the book "War" and was smoking weed. I was feeling very angry (I am 100% for TBI/PTSD) and spouted off.

No offense towards any people who do EP or babysit celebrities.

Our new posting rules