SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Employment and Training > Domestic Jobs

Old 26 June 2013, 13:58
Ne Obliviscaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanmcd82 View Post
Based on what I perceive their business model to be, they seem to not want that type of experience anywhere near their business, tobacco or no tobacco. Right or wrong good or bad, they want well behaved, easily trainable vanilla agents to fill a suit.

And honestly, for CONUS EP work, that seems to be what works, judging by their level of success in the industry.
I guess they only want Mormons then.
Old 26 June 2013, 14:35
Minus one, but more symmetrical....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakoZeroSix
"Oh, hey, it's not like 90% of all the hard ass pipe hitting mother fuckers from Special Operations chew tobacco....
I do not want to hijack a thread -- but I support this company's desire to keep a respectable image around its clients.

As an example, any of my guys who smokes or dips around a client is gone. Period. What he does on his own is fine, but I've noticed that a lot of smokers/dippers who start to have issues later in the day if they can't get a smoke or dip. I've had one in the past year just like that. I won't ever call him again.

Also, in advance, anyone that considers themselves a pipe-hitter need not even ask about any gigs I have.

I think having tests to see if people are using nicotine is fairly GAY -- but I think I can see some of their thinking....
Old 26 June 2013, 15:12
Ne Obliviscaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOTB View Post
I do not want to hijack a thread -- but I support this company's desire to keep a respectable image around its clients.

As an example, any of my guys who smokes or dips around a client is gone. Period. What he does on his own is fine, but I've noticed that a lot of smokers/dippers who start to have issues later in the day if they can't get a smoke or dip. I've had one in the past year just like that. I won't ever call him again.

Also, in advance, anyone that considers themselves a pipe-hitter need not even ask about any gigs I have.

I think having tests to see if people are using nicotine is fairly GAY -- but I think I can see some of their thinking....
I can see their concern. They look at nicotine as a distraction. And lets face it...it is. After 2-3 hours on a post, a mind starts to wander. A pro can maintain...and will keep his mouth shut about what he needs. An amateur will bitch about not having a dip or a smoke after standing a post for awhile. But testing?
Old 30 June 2013, 13:26
Confirmed User

Meh, none of their damn business. Either the agent is professional, or isn't. Tobacco ain't the only distraction, I mean after 2-3 hours without sex, a mind starts to wander. How many times have you had to piss for 6 hours, and not been able to, or been hungry, or thirsty all day? But yeah, come on in and monitor my actions off duty.

Wait, no. Fuck you.
Old 30 June 2013, 14:34
Administrator

Then don't work for them.
Old 30 June 2013, 14:49
Confirmed User

Never have (and after that post, probably never will, ha). I've worked with lots of guys who have, and feedback is 'interesting'. This thread has covered most of it. The upshot is it's a real company, they have work, and they pay on time, which is better than some can say. They are also up front about the 'interesting' stuff, so like you said, if you don't like it, move along.
Old 14 November 2013, 12:31
Administrator

All else aside, you would be well served to review the cost of ling in LA and surrounding environment compared to the salary.

If you have kids, think seriously about what type of school you want them in..
Old 14 November 2013, 12:59
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbullet View Post
All else aside, you would be well served to review the cost of ling in LA and surrounding environment compared to the salary.

If you have kids, think seriously about what type of school you want them in..
Times a million.

LA is very expensive and very spread out. Traffic is an absolute monster up there and vastly affects your quality of life. If you can't go big in LA then it's my feeling you'd be miserable.

There are a couple of board members in the area, Poison is one...
Old 17 November 2013, 01:50
Confirmed User

Why so many deletes?
Old 17 November 2013, 06:02
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by theconnect View Post
Why so many deletes?
The posts weren't relevant to the discussion.
Old 8 March 2014, 23:27
On the Extract Bird

or they didnt post bio

Our new posting rules