SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Naval Special Warfare > Navy SEALs

Old 3 January 2000, 20:09
Been There Done That

Phony

Just for the record, Dave McDowell, the founder of the Excite Club "UDTSEAL Teams" did not complete BUD/S, if he was even there at all. He claims that he graduated w/ class 215, although he is not listed on the roster at the Naval Special Warfare Center, where training is conducted. He also claims he was at SEAL Team 3, in Alpha platoon, but I called ST 3 and they've never heard of this guy, and even checked a list of ST 3 command members from August 1998(6 months after he graduated BUD/S, or just about when he would
have finished probation and earned his Trident).

He answers quite a few questions correctly, so he's done his research. Be careful, and feel free to light him up!!

Shaun Chittick
BUD/S 135
(and please feel free to verify this!)
Old 3 January 2000, 20:55
josepy
Visitor

I have a good friend of mine that graduated class 215 Erik F. I can verify that if you like?

Old 4 January 2000, 00:16
Been There Done That

Please do. I assume you mean QMSN Eric Franssens?

This guy McDowell won't name anyone in his class, and has repeatedly tried to get a copy of 215's manifest from the Naval Special Warfare Archives.

This is the very reason why we don't post this info for everyone to see.
Old 4 January 2000, 00:54
Gary
Visitor

What's the URL to this site?
Old 4 January 2000, 01:23
josepy
Visitor

Franny, I tried to keep his name out of it but...

I'll see if I can give him a ring.
Old 4 January 2000, 08:28
Been There Done That

http://clubs.excite.com/comm/area/pw...d=.uTK-A_XEFTJ

Try this one. It's a similar club, but Dave McDowell hangs out there too.
Old 4 January 2000, 13:50
SSD
Visitor

Trident,

I read the posts there and had quite the laugh. I run into the same stuff. I had an old Viet Nam era Sniper write me that he was reading some wild stories by a guy on AOL. The guy was passing himself off as a Marine Scout/Sniper and making us all look bad. I wrote the guy to expose him as a wannabe and this was his response.

Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 18:30:06 EST
Subject: Re: Sniper?
To: stamarine@yahoo.com
i'm sorry the info u got was wrong i was a seal in the storm(Desert Storm)

I guess being a Scout/Sniper was getting old for him.

Old 4 January 2000, 15:04
Confirmed User

See guys-what he meant was that he was a SEAL in the Shit (Bull Shit) . What a disgrace..
Old 4 January 2000, 17:14
josepy
Visitor

"In the storm"? Then clarifies what the "storm" is.

FAKE!!!!!
Old 5 January 2000, 11:03
LOCHNESS2
Visitor

It is quite sad when somebody has to lie about what they did in the military. It is honorable enough just to serve our country. Too bad they have to say they were somebody that they were not. They are either wannabees or never-to-bees.
LOCHNESS OUT
Old 5 January 2000, 13:44
Mike
Visitor

Yes. Too many wannabees. Too bad the VA doesn't check veterans' military background. A lot of federal personnel offices don't either - they said it is discriminatory or "so what".
Old 5 January 2000, 18:32
RKW
Visitor

LOCHNESS, amen about the pride of serving your country. I hope I get the chance to serve my country someday. Take this for what you will from a 16 wanna-be or gonna-be or whatever.

RKW

[This message has been edited by RKW (edited 01-05-2000).]
Old 5 January 2000, 20:34
SSD
Visitor

Hey Fred, you still out there?

What ever happened to that sh!t bird, HM2 Paul D.Husen? (Wearer of the Trident, NC, 2SS, BS, PH's etc.) I heard he was getting tossed out of the Navy but never heard if you guys got to string him up. Any info?
Old 9 January 2000, 03:58
LOCHNESS2
Visitor

RKW
I hope you get the chance also. If not, be the best man you can be. Being a great leader in the U.S. is not only in the military but also in the civilian community. Don't ever just "get by". Try to excell in everything you do.
LOCHNESS OUT
Old 9 January 2000, 18:38
josepy
Visitor

PAYS TO BE A WINNER! Sits above my desk right next to a photo of Lance Armstrong.
Old 13 January 2000, 11:08
Confirmed User

I was just wondering if any UDT's were captured during the Vietnam war? The reason I ask is that there is a guy that goes to my church that says he was a frogman(UDT) in vietnam and was captured along with a couple of marines in a village. He says he was questioning the villagers while the marines set up security, soon after this the village was surrounded with VC and he along with the marines were captured. He said after being tortured he escaped, came back the next night and blew up the house he was captured in. I can't remember his name but it won't be hard to get. Does any of this make sense?

SILENTOP
Old 13 January 2000, 17:39
josepy
Visitor

I don't know too many Vets let alone Vietnam Vets who openly talk about combat with just anyone.

I have an uncle who was a Ranger in Nam and it was until I went to "The Storm" (See post above, it is funny) AND after I told him of an situation did he share anything with me.

Be careful with those who openly tell tales. Besides who would admit to being captured anyway?
Old 13 January 2000, 21:53
Administrator

No Frogmen were ever captured in Vietnam. Please provide his name and we can check if he even was in the Teams. Also ask him which class he graduated from and his command.
Old 14 January 2000, 00:18
Mike
Visitor

to SILENTOP,
No SEALs were captured or MIA but 43 SEALs were KIAs during the Vietnam War. The book, Stolen Valor (which exposed Frank Dux as a fake SEAL), included a list of all POW (including those who returned).
Let the profs (Like Captain Bailey handles this Church guy), especially if his exploits were written in the local hometown newspaper.
Old 14 January 2000, 11:35
Confirmed User

I know no SEAL has ever been captured. I was just wondering if the same was true of the UDT cause guy didn't stay in UDT when it was switched to SEAL Teams. I'm working on that name should have it by next week.

SILENTOP

Our new posting rules