Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Army Special Operations > Special Forces

Old 13 August 2011, 07:02
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by ussfpa View Post
I just fired off an e-mail to MAJ Mark Cooper, Army administrator for "Togetherweserved." MAJ Cooper appears to be a 10th GP guy, 18A. We may have something of a sympathy vote here.
Coop's all over it...he came over to our area ranting his ass off about this guy...he's on it like a pit bull...even a honey badger..

The guy'll be toast in the near future...:)
Old 13 August 2011, 07:19
Making sure They Come Home

That's awesome.

Glad I was able to be a contributor
Old 13 August 2011, 09:17
BT,WBTWC

Burn 'em

Quote:
BTW, I did serve in the JAG Corps.
Special Forces long tab, and JAG Corps?

Now it's getting personal!
Old 13 August 2011, 13:55
Been There Done That

I am going to be at the Veteran Business Conference in New Orleans all week - Monday through Thursday late and won't be able to access this board frequently. Would anyone here be willing to take the lead on this guy? I have requests in already to the RTB for a tab check and to the POW Network for a FOIA.
Old 13 August 2011, 14:37
Whatever Sucks the Most

I think that is what needs to be done for the moment.

HDLS will continue doing what he does. I know him. When he gets a taste of bait fish he turns it into chum.

As information comes in, we will post it here.

No worries, Karl. The inexorability of what is going to befall this charlatan is half the punishment that he has brought upon himself. There is nothing that he can do to prevent it now. We already have more than enough to ruin him.
Old 13 August 2011, 19:18
Been There Done That

EDUCATION
MS, Physics; BA, Biology
CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY
BS, Military Science
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA LOS ANGELES
Masters in Military Art and Science-History (MMAS)
US ARMY COMMAND AND GENERAL STAFF COLLEGE
MS, National Security Strategy
US ARMY WAR COLLEGE
Executive Financial & Strategic Management Immersion Courses
HARVARD UNIVERSITY & STANFORD UNIVERSITY

Guys, I'm betting that this clown's education credentials are fake too. Any way to check them out? Surely someone on this board can have checks run a the US Army War & Command General Staff Colleges at the minimum. I wonder what would it take to run checks at Cal, UCLA, Stanford & Harvard as well.
Old 13 August 2011, 19:28
Been There Done That

The BS in Military Science appears to be exactly that. UCLA doesnt list such a major.

God made machine language; all the rest is the work of man.
Old 13 August 2011, 20:01
Non Timebo Mala

No one from the Legion has heard of this guy, even guys that served in the area where he lead his "Wet Teams". We are waiting for LTG Mulholland's official remarks as supposedly he takes great pride in burning down posers.

More as it comes in.....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Brave men have fought and died to build the proud tradition and feared reputation that I am bound to uphold....."
Old 13 August 2011, 21:54
Been There Done That

Here's a Press Release showing him being hired in 2004 by Talia Technology.

http://www.tvm-capital.com/pages/news/2004/tal1018.php

Interesting that it isn't on his resume. Maybe they actually checked him out and didn't like the results.

This is in the 2nd paragraph,

"Dan started his career in the private sector with CooperVision’s Diagnostic and Surgical Imaging Division. Early in 1986, he joined Olympus Corporation as National Sales Manager."

This would seem to conflict with his time in SF if he was working for CooperVision prior to joining Olympus.

Wait, maybe that was his "cover" while he was killing Russians in the Stan.

I've got a contact at the Command and General Staff College, let me know if we still need to check this.
Old 14 August 2011, 05:56
Been There Done That

Oh I don't know, sounds like a real bad ass to me....
It will be fun seeing some of my older, wiser comrades bring down some heavy ordanance on this guy.
Old 14 August 2011, 09:01
Whatever Sucks the Most

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricFoltz View Post
I've got a contact at the Command and General Staff College, let me know if we still need to check this.
Good catch on the Talia stuff.

The CGSC angle has already been checked. He never attended:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW
He did not attend the Army War College. I talked to the registrar's office and dug down as the War College keeps records on those who attended National Security Seminar (NSS) as well as "charm school" for newly promoted General Officers. A review of all these data bases provwed Negative. Richard Biondi did graduate in the class of 1983, but that's when Danny Boy was still a Captain. War College students are LTC or COL.
I believe that we still need to confirm that he was commissioned through ROTC in the first place. I am not convinced of it. Nor am I convinced that he served at all.

Likewise, he never held a TS.

Last edited by magician; 16 August 2011 at 02:18.
Old 14 August 2011, 16:35
Hunting terrorists...

I just wanted to offer that the offices he claims to have worked for at the NSA do not exist. There is also no such thing as an NSA operative.

Last edited by magician; 14 August 2011 at 21:08.
Old 14 August 2011, 21:17
Whatever Sucks the Most

From another source. I tuned it up a bit:

Quote:
I checked through the General Officer Management Office (GOMO) sites for a resume, and there is no GO resume for Dan Biondi in the Active, Reserve, and National Guard for anyone currently serving, retired, or historically (through Carlisle).

Additionally, a number of things stink in his resume:

- "...qualifying for entry-level rank of Captain due to “Special Skills,” i.e., ROTC graduate; MS in Physics, and “Secret” level clearance"--only doctors and nurses "qualify" for entry as a Captain, and of course EVERY officer is required to have a Secret clearance.

- "...to Command an Advanced Weapons Laboratory"--at Fort Huachuca? Never heard of that. And as an entry-level Captain? Not happening.

- "Served in Afghanistan, 1980- 82, within the 1st-Special Forces Operational Detachment-D (1st-SFOD-D)"--last I checked, no AD DOD folks were there during that time frame. I do need to do some more checking, as some former DOD folks were there at various times, working for classified activities. One of them lives around the corner from me.

- "Recalled to short-term active duty status when necessary for search & rescue missions." Please.

- "Honorable Discharge with Distinctions, 2004"--what are "with Distinctions"? No such thing.

- He is supposedly an MI Officer who went Infantry and Special Forces, yet somehow he ends up with the Distinguished Flying Cross? Maybe during Vietnam this happened a few times, but not since then.

- Additionally, he lists an MMAS degree from CGSC--but he left service the same year that the SAMS program began, the only Masters Degree program offered at Ft. Leavenworth.

- No mention of enlisted service but GCMDL ribbon in the photo.

- There is, and never was, an "Advanced Weapons Lab" at Fort Huachuca. His assignments, language, jargon, etc., are all wrong.

Regarding the Cleveland Clinic, REAL Army Reserve MG Rob Stall is there as one of their high-level administrators.

Oh, and any reference to being a Major General is now absent from his LinkedIn profile.
Thanks to others who are assisting. If I do not cite you publicly, it is because I presume that you would prefer that.

m.
=

Last edited by magician; 14 August 2011 at 21:40.
Old 15 August 2011, 07:28
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighDragLowSpeed View Post
Daniel D Biondi
(269) 408-0195

1836 Fox Ridge Trl
Saint Joseph, MI 49085-8681

Age is 59

I'm fairly close to his address if there is anything needed local.
Old 15 August 2011, 07:42
Whatever Sucks the Most

Thanks.

We are good for the moment. There are a lot of moving parts to this, and a lot of people involved. We need to keep things synchronized.

But we will keep it in mind.

Old 15 August 2011, 08:16
Been There Done That

Quote:
Oh, and any reference to being a Major General is now absent from his LinkedIn profile.
Still cached on the japanese mirror of the linkedin site - note the link under the summary.

majorgenerallinkedin.png

Caches on mirror sites can be a real bitch when trying to hide stuff online.

God made machine language; all the rest is the work of man.
Old 15 August 2011, 09:13
Whatever Sucks the Most

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGR.Montcalm View Post
...Fruit salad analysis.
Thank you, CSM. I was hoping that you would take care of that for us.

Old 15 August 2011, 10:06
Been There Done That

I contacted the Cleveland Clinic, Dr. Alam's office this morning. Biondi claimed to have had an hour phone call with him last week and a scheduled meeting for tomorrow. Alam's secretary didn't know anything about Biondi and found no record of him in their computer.

Alam was in surgery, she took notes and said she would see if Alam know of this meeting tomorrow and if I did not hear back from her, Alam didn't know anything about it.
Old 15 August 2011, 10:52
Whatever Sucks the Most

Confirmed from redundant sources:

1. No service with SFOD-D, nor JSOC.

2. No service with CIA.
Old 15 August 2011, 11:05
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmonger View Post
I contacted the Cleveland Clinic, Dr. Alam's office this morning. Biondi claimed to have had an hour phone call with him last week and a scheduled meeting for tomorrow. Alam's secretary didn't know anything about Biondi and found no record of him in their computer.
The professional details Biondi mentioned on Dr. Fritz and Dr. Alam match with the details in their bios on the Cleveland Clinic website. That's probably how Biondi was able to portray some level of personal familiarity with them. I'm curious as to what his end game was with this hoax. Purely self promotion or profit?

On a positive note, the name Dan and Daniel Biondi now shows up with this discussion thread on the first page with three out of 4 search engines I checked. Anyone who is searching for his background details will find more than they ever expected. He can't bury it now. Unfortunately, most civilians won't recognize the significance of the term "poser" without doing more than a quick scan.

Our new posting rules