Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 10 February 2012, 21:44
Been There Done That

John Giduck Visible on Internet Blogs

http://johngiduckterroratbeslan.blogspot.com/

OK,

This is interesting. This is a blog focused on the discovery thus far on Mr. John Giduck. What's interesting is they grouped it by functional areas of prior bad acts. As various organizations start to inquire into Mr. John Giduck's background, they can focus on functional areas that are important to them.

Another interesting aspect is the dynamic links back to SOCNET discoveries; which in turn directly links to the sources.

So this blog is two degrees of separation from highlighting to original source; and using SOCNET as the intermediary. Ouch.

For me the icing on the cake is asking the readers to draw their own conclusions. I would like add that if anyone reading the blog has questions, register here, follow the rules and we'll see what happens.

Does anyone else see other blogs covering this issue?
Old 11 February 2012, 00:01
Confirmed User

Good work.

"Believe it or not, this website cannot cure idiocy, no matter how hard we try." RGR. Montcalm
Old 11 February 2012, 01:43
Old and Broke

Brad Thor (?) had an article about the Washignton Monthly (?) attacking a true patriot. Many comments (some from member) on both sides.
Old 11 February 2012, 10:54
Been There Done That

http://aquestionofaccountability.blo...ppart-two.html

This is a blog on John Giduck's report on the Virginia Tech shootings. The author, David S. Cariens, does a remarkable job of critiquing Mr. John Giduck's report:

"AFTER ACTION REVIEW--An Evaluation and Assessment of the Law Enforcement Tactical Response To the Virginia Tech University Shootings of Monday, 16 April 2007"

Mr. Cariens has got some very impeccable credentials; and Mr. John Giduck will be very hard pressed to challenge him or his assessment.

Here's two excerpts I find very illuminating and dovetails with our assessments as well:

Quote:
Originally Posted by David S. Cariens
In teaching analysis and writing, many of the licensed attorneys I have instructed lacked a basic grasp of professional English. Further more, their training is based on the use of passive voice sentences—passive sentences allow for greater interpretation in a court room setting. Most of the attorney-students I have had in class recoil at the use of an active voice sentence because it is difficult to manipulate those sentences. Furthermore, in doing the class room exercises the attorneys—more than any other group of professional people I have trained—cherry-pick the evidence to make their case. Such an approach to analysis is not objective. I see this cherry-picking in the Archangel Report.
This will leave a mark:

Quote:
Originally Posted by David S. Cariens
I have reluctantly concluded that this report is not an objective analysis of the Virginia Tech shootings; it is a 144-page advertisement for the Archangel Group.
In summary, Mr. Cariens came to the same conclusions we did, in 2008. One year after the initial fracas between SOCNET and Mr. John Giduck; and three years prior to this current fracas.
Old 11 February 2012, 11:04
Been There Done That

They wrote an unsanctioned report and then sent it in an email to "make it official" I guess
Quote:
[Archangel group] did not receive external funding to conduct the report and it was not requested by Virginia Tech, the state or any other agency. Tech spokesman Larry Hincker said he received the report in an e-mail from a colleague early this month.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/wb/178060
Of course, now they want to hail it as better than the original book, write a book as the basis for morte seminars, and perhaps even a Lifetime movie. That seemed to generate some cash in the Yaklich case...

God made machine language; all the rest is the work of man.
Old 14 February 2012, 07:02
Ungood

Unbelievable!
Old 14 February 2012, 08:12
Just me & my Jeep...

So, If I read all this correctly, basically Giduck and his cronies produced a 144 page, unsolicited "attaboy" and submitted it to anyone/everyone they could think of, in some position of authority, in the hopes of improving their groups reputation and getting media exposure? There is a new twist on the "Ambulance Chaser" tactic! Wow.....otherwise, without actually being commissioned to do this report, what did they hope to accomplish?

Man...this is getting crazier by the minute!

Last edited by Trailboss; 14 February 2012 at 08:13. Reason: Spelling
Old 14 February 2012, 12:53

Gentlemen, if I may ask a question:
If John Giduck's target audience is mostly miltary, police and goverment, how did he get away with this scam for so long? At $300.00 per person, per lecture why didn't someone check his claims long ago? I'm asking out of curiosity and even a little confusion.
I am not, nor have I ever been, in the military,on a police force or employed by any goverment agency.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Old 14 February 2012, 13:54
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrm View Post
Gentlemen, if I may ask a question:
If John Giduck's target audience is mostly miltary, police and goverment, how did he get away with this scam for so long? At $300.00 per person, per lecture why didn't someone check his claims long ago? I'm asking out of curiosity and even a little confusion.
I am not, nor have I ever been, in the military,on a police force or employed by any goverment agency.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
VERY good question.

To quote Pogo: "We have met the enemy and he is us." I mentioned earlier that we (military, government, law enforcement, etc.) are slightly more gullible than regular citizens who are leery of "good deals" and 'certifications'. Given the type of work we do, we have a conditioned reflex to expect others to do the same caliber of work as us.

In my personal opinion, Mr. John Giduck saw the flaw in our thinking and our expectations of others and ran with it. Another thing to consider is his verbiage: he seems to "talk the talk" and if we aren't careful he'll segue that into a conversation. Jonathon Keith Idema was freaking notorious for that type of approach.

In my personal opinion, Jonathon Keith Idema and Mr. John Giduck are opposite sides of the same coin: one comes from outside of the community (Mr John Giduck), the other from within (Idema), and both use minimal knowledge, shallow cover stories and obfuscation to promote their personal and financial agenda.

Here's a short list of Mr John Giduck's activities over the last decade or so:

http://www.socnet.com/showthread.php?t=107621

His most heinous action thus far is the 'outing' of an active duty SF Soldier because of a perceived slight Mr. John Giduck thinks this Soldier commited. If you peruse the major threads, you'll see it's not the case.

What Mr. John Giduck did not anticipate was our response. Again, had Mr. John Giduck exercised proper due care and due diligence none of these threads would be here in the first place. Mr. John Giduck is a lawyer in the State of Colorado. So one can draw their own conclusions to his state of mind since 2007 when his employees picked the initial fight with us; then waited four years to resurrect the issue by using a convicted felon to decry our dishonor and lack of nobility.

Mr John Giduck is very fond of using "Stalking Horses" to attack others, particularly decorated active duty service members, who don't share his vision.

Mr John Giduck is also learning the hard way that this isn't our first rodeo either.
Old 14 February 2012, 14:03
On the Extract Bird

Tracy, being that the former president of the SOA used that title in his support for John Giduck, has the SOA issued any sort.of.release, statement, or response? I didn't see anything in anybody the other John Giduck threads about this. It seems to me that the SOA provided personal information about one of their members to John Giduck. It is odd that not one member of the SOA has posted here....the integrity of the entire organization is on thin ice.
Old 14 February 2012, 14:11
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPT_1113 View Post
Tracy, being that the former president of the SOA used that title in his support for John Giduck, has the SOA issued any sort.of.release, statement, or response? I didn't see anything in anybody the other John Giduck threads about this. It seems to me that the SOA provided personal information about one of their members to John Giduck. It is odd that not one member of the SOA has posted here....the integrity of the entire organization is on thin ice.
We'll see what happens.
Old 14 February 2012, 15:52

Tracy
Thank you for taking the time to respond. It is appreciated.
Old 14 February 2012, 16:36
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrm View Post
Tracy
Thank you for taking the time to respond. It is appreciated.
You're quite welcome. You had a good question. Embarassing though it may be...
Old 14 February 2012, 16:58
Bow chicka bow bow

If I may add to what Tracy has so eloquently written, he also uses vetted members of LE and the military to provide him entrance and validation, i.e. Bail and Anderson. It's a common theme to many schemes, buy or bluff your way into the circle and then expand it from there.
Old 14 February 2012, 17:18
Confirmed User

I just googled John Giduck to peruse his website and Socnet came up #1in the search engine. Ouch..........
Old 14 February 2012, 17:26
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by edd1e22 View Post
I just googled John Giduck to peruse his website and Socnet came up #1in the search engine. Ouch..........
Streisand Effect.

Looking at the statistics, SOCNET averages, at any time, about 350+ people looking at the site. Half of those are in lounge looking at Mr. John Giduck's latest activities.

That's a lot of cops and commandos.

Last edited by Tracy; 14 February 2012 at 17:30.
Old 15 February 2012, 06:30
Been There Done That

More blogs and twitter

http://www.rightnation.us/forums/ind...owtopic=183212

@FakeJohnGiduck

God made machine language; all the rest is the work of man.
Old 15 February 2012, 09:53
ChairborneStranger
Visitor

Weaponsman - Assclown of the Ides: John Giduck

Quote:
Because we only bust a wannabee once a month, on the 15th, when any sentient former SOF type could bust a dozen a day every day for the rest of his life*, we try not to waste your time. So we don't mess with the eighteen year old who's claiming "Delta Force" or the 400 lb. bag of suet failing to impress women in a bar. We only attack the most egregious cases.

John Giduck, come on down....
And it just gets better from there.
Old 15 February 2012, 09:57
Ungood

Wow, John Giduck would do himself and his associates a favor by just coming clean at this point. I'm not really sure how he could continue.
Old 15 February 2012, 10:23
Confirmed User

Quote:
If John Giduck's target audience is mostly miltary, police and goverment, how did he get away with this scam for so long? At $300.00 per person, per lecture why didn't someone check his claims long ago?
A few years ago the school resource officer, who is an excellent LEO, set up the school's disaster response plan during his rotation here in part based on Mr. Giduck's first work. He was fooled hook line and sinker...

As his crap has had the potential for real world consequences for me and the students I work with, I am not amused by Mr. Giduck's poser status...
Closed Thread

Our new posting rules