Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 2 March 2012, 07:37
BTDT

Interesting TSA article

I've always thought most of these folks could have easily worn a Dominio's uniform:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/realspin...hway-near-you/

"Immature jackoff/asshole/agitator"

"I can only say I'm sorry so many times and mean it" Homer Simpson
Old 2 March 2012, 08:50
Teaching my cat to read..

One of my favorite Onion articles:http://www.theonion.com/articles/sma...eping-a,17954/

Pizza boxes, really? A certain Bad Religion song pops into my head....

Last edited by logan3110; 2 March 2012 at 08:51. Reason: Added last line
Old 2 March 2012, 09:11

This agency is definitely in a power grab mode. We need to keep an eye on these dicks who see themselves as LEO's.
Hopefully, we can get some conservatives in office who can turn the expansion of government over the last 3 years around.
Old 2 March 2012, 09:40
BTDT

Well....the expansion started in 2001. The latest messiah just continued what the last one started (and made it worse, yes...but it was already hideous by 2008). And no politician, save for a handful, will wind it back to sane levels...too much money to be had, telling the slaves that they must be afraid.

P
Old 2 March 2012, 09:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polypro View Post
Well....the expansion started in 2001. The latest messiah just continued what the last one started (and made it worse, yes...but it was already hideous by 2008). And no politician, save for a handful, will wind it back to sane levels...too much money to be had, telling the slaves that they must be afraid.

P
Poly:

Agreed. Good point. Bush spent money like a DEM. He was not a conservative except on social issues.
Old 2 March 2012, 09:49
Confirmed User

I am not excited about the future of TSA.
Old 2 March 2012, 09:50
Been There Done That

This quote by is telling:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Congressman Blackburn
The very thought of federal employees with zero law enforcement training roaming across our nation’s transportation infrastructure with the hope of randomly thwarting a domestic terrorist attack makes about as much sense as EPA Administrator Lisa Jackson’s Environmental Justice tour.
Personnel with five years of high school and zero self-esteem are the LAST people on earth I want working in any security capacity.

TSA is hands-down becoming the most disgraceful organization in the federal government. Heck, at least gangs and fringe organizations have admission standards.

State Troopers and local LEO's don't need this kind of help.

Just throwing this out here: Is there any documented case where these TSA kids actually thwarted a terrorist attempt with these screening points?

ETA: My choice of the term 'kids' is deliberate. TSA acts like this a children's game in an arena filled with adults who are doing the real work. If the TSA wants to participate then put down the turkey leg, meet the standards, graduate from FLETC and get to work like the rest of us. Eric Cartman from "South Park" is a funny cartoon character; not so much in real life. Especially when an agency is filled with "Eric Cartmans".

Last edited by Tracy; 2 March 2012 at 09:59.
Old 2 March 2012, 10:23
Same as it ever was...

But wait, they have a mission...

http://wwwDOTtsaDOTgov/who_we_are/mission.shtm

Looks good on paper, but the TSA has yet to live up to one point in said mission.

I am not against the TSA being trained to disarm and detain people with explosives or other bad shit, but the current kids are not those to be trained. It seems like a job for the National Guard, but who am I to say...
Old 2 March 2012, 10:44
ASA Geek

LMAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highspeed160th View Post
I've always thought most of these folks could have easily worn a Dominio's uniform:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/realspin...hway-near-you/
I was flying recently and the guy freaked over my leg brace... I could not take my shoes off standing up and they would not get me a chair. I stood on my rights and the calmer minds prevailed and they let me go with a supervisor pat down...
Old 3 March 2012, 00:00
Been There Done That

TSA is a Bush administration jobs program for the chronically unemployed.
Old 3 March 2012, 01:01
Confirmed User

I'm fine with putting them on the highways if and only if they're forced to patrol them in Smart Cars
Old 3 March 2012, 05:20
On the Extract Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford289HiPo View Post
TSA is a Bush administration jobs program for the chronically unemployed.
While working as an Airport LEO in Kansas City.....there were plenty of folks working for TSA (actually they contract things in KC) that were Vets....

Just sayin'.....
Old 3 March 2012, 07:21
Non Timebo Mala

This is by no means a love letter to the TSA, but you guys have to understand that security is a cycle. As the threat changes and the things we have to protect changes, so must the system that we use to protect them. DHS absolutely sucks at this. The Orange rating for 4 years is evidence of that as is TSA. All of the drama we go through at checkpoints would not have stopped TUWB or Reid. They are an exercise in social justice and engineering. Perhaps they were a way to produce jobs for President Bush and are now a way to try and boost the union membership. Unfortunately, folks are more worried about the rights of the TSA "officers" than they are the effectiveness of their programs. Their lack of SA and knowledge of sound risk management does not stop at the airline industry. They are merely a looking glass into the rest of the Department they represent.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Brave men have fought and died building the proud tradition and feared reputation that I am bound to uphold....."
Old 4 March 2012, 09:22
BTDT

Good to see corroboration from a real deal, re: "we've stopped thousands, but can't tell you". The rest is good too.

http://gmancasefile.blogspot.com/2012/01/tsa-fail.html

Quote:
They claim that they can’t comment due to “national security” implications. In fact, if they had foiled a plot, criminal charges would have to be filed. Ever hear of terrorism charges being filed because of something found during a TSA screening? No, because it’s never happened. Trust me, if TSA had ever foiled a terrorist plot, they would buy full-page ads in every newspaper in the United States to prove their importance and increase their budget.

Quote:
Steve Moore - I retired in June 2008 from the FBI, after serving 25 years as a Special Agent and a Supervisory Special Agent. I spent several years on SWAT, was a certified sniper, and undercover operative. I am a commercial helicopter and multi-engine airplane pilot, as well as a certified firearms instructor and armorer. I have written a book on my FBI career which will be released in the Spring. I am building an airplane with which I hope to see the country and beyond.
P

Last edited by Polypro; 4 March 2012 at 09:35.
Old 5 March 2012, 22:30
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat06 View Post
While working as an Airport LEO in Kansas City.....there were plenty of folks working for TSA (actually they contract things in KC) that were Vets....

Just sayin'.....
Yep, I've noticed that too. The US military is a microcosm of American society. Quite a few of those vets were not prepared for the transition to a well paying job in civilian life or just turds during their time in service. Either way, they urinated on the oath the took [with reference to the 4th Amendment] to Support and Defend the Constitution.
Old 5 March 2012, 22:42
Patriot

Quote:
Yep, I've noticed that too. The US military is a microcosm of American society. Quite a few of those vets were not prepared for the transition to a well paying job in civilian life or just turds during their time in service. Either way, they urinated on the oath the took [with reference to the 4th Amendment] to Support and Defend the Constitution.
Nail on the head. Some people think "veteran" automatically means "educated person of high integrity, good moral standing, and flawless decision making". Not always the case, not at all...
Old 5 March 2012, 23:32
On the Extract Bird

Quote:
Or maybe they just wanted a job and not suck off the teet of the US Gov with being on unemployment status...? Maybe they didn't want to move 1000s of miles to find work...? Maybe they by doing what they are doing with TSA it would help keep badguys off airplanes...?

The ones I knew were from E-4 to SGM that worked there....and some of them had pretty outstanding careers.....

To lump all TSA folks that were Vets as being shitbags.....is bullshit.....
Old 5 March 2012, 23:33
On the Extract Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOW_0331 View Post
Nail on the head. Some people think "veteran" automatically means "educated person of high integrity, good moral standing, and flawless decision making". Not always the case, not at all...
So...if they had great careers but opted to get out/retire and go work for TSA....they are shitbags now....?
Old 5 March 2012, 23:45
Patriot

Quote:
So...if they had great careers but opted to get out/retire and go work for TSA....they are shitbags now....?
Nope, but just because the TSA guy is a vet doesn't excuse him from stupidity.
Old 6 March 2012, 07:58
Been There Done That

Quote:
If they allow it. You can delegate authority, but you can not delegate responsibility. I would like nothing better than to see vets joining and tearing apart the TSA and turn it into a professional organization. If we're stuck with the TSA, make them useful.

Our new posting rules