Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Weapons

Old 12 March 2007, 18:54
A Scoundrel and a Drunkard

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockcqc
My little Glock 27...super gun.
I was trying to decide between the HK USP40C and the G27. I went ahead and grabbed up the HK, but I've always wondered whether or not the G27 might've been the better choice. It's a nice little pistol.
Old 12 March 2007, 20:26
Authorized Personnel

Well, I guess it would have to be the one and only pistol I currently carry: Springfield Armory XD-40. The best pistol I've owned...so far.
Old 12 March 2007, 21:30
Confirmed User

I like my issued glock, I love my CZ75, but if I could have only one it would be my P7. Easy on the wallet to shoot, very accurate and an oddball gun.
-Guy
Old 12 March 2007, 22:45

I recently purchased a glock 32. Ive only had the opportunity to put 150 rounds through it, but i love it.
Old 13 March 2007, 00:30
Grumpy Bastard

G19 with Trijicon sights. Seems to work fine, so far.
Old 13 March 2007, 00:52
Confirmed User

Sig 220. Served me well for years when I was in LE. Personally owned Kimber TLE, drives tacks all day.
Asked why it was dishonorable to return without a shield and not without a helmet, the Spartan king, Demaratos (510 - 491) is said to have replied: "Because the latter they put on for their own protection, but the shield for the common good of all." (Plutarch, Mor.220
Old 13 March 2007, 00:54
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaskForeT
Sig P229 .40 & .357 SIG w/ nite sights and hogue panels

My buddy picked up his $1700 Springfield TRP the same day. He had failures all day long while I've got 1500 rounds through my Sig so far without out any. The only failure I've had is when the same buddy loaded my mag with 9mm accidentally. The first round fired but there wasn't enough power to eject the spent casing. My next purchase will be a P220R, no question.
Sounds like your buddy is the failure, not the pistol.
Asked why it was dishonorable to return without a shield and not without a helmet, the Spartan king, Demaratos (510 - 491) is said to have replied: "Because the latter they put on for their own protection, but the shield for the common good of all." (Plutarch, Mor.220
Old 13 March 2007, 01:12
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardknocks
Sounds like your buddy is the failure, not the pistol.

2x here.
Old 14 March 2007, 22:38
Confirmed User

1911, no doubt about it.

Although its not the most fancy or expensive thing around, I love my Springfield 1911 "GI".
Old 26 March 2007, 18:53
Banned User

I rewarded my son the other day by going to the range after he came out of his sling from shoulder surgery (snow boarding accident/20' jump/ 3 bum shoulders in the family now).

He did well for a 15yo. As for the only hand gun he'd like to own for business.......it would be this one......
(25yds rapid fire....I'm trying to convince him to spare ammo)

Attachment 3888

As for me, since my glock jammed (first time ever), I prefer the gun my sons holding (HKUSP40)
(12yds no rest..6 shots fired......he showed me up:D )

Attachment 3889
Old 26 March 2007, 19:32
Probationary User

Glock 23
Old 27 March 2007, 00:13

Quote:
The only correct answer is: whatever you can use effectively.
As far as POW'S go. I had one task to complete before buying and starting a Gun collection. Soon after retiring I completed that task. To own the three weapons I used the most in the Military M9(Had to cheat a little and go with the vertec) M4 (Semi Versions) and M24 SWS. Because I knew how to operate these three thru muscle memory alone.
Now I can take my time buying and learning how to use the other weapons I'm interested in. Oh being retired and making enough money to actually buy these weapons assisted in completing this task.....lol
Old 8 April 2007, 11:24
Confirmed User

Finally broke the extractor on my Glock 19. It only took 10 years. Ive been averaging 1k rds per month for last 5 years. Glock covered it as a warranty with no questions asked. I just took it to my local Glock dealer and they replaced it on site. Glock owns 90% of the LE market because its its KISS and reliable. So if you treat your gun like a lawn mower Glock is the way to go.
Goat - out.
Old 8 April 2007, 22:30
Confirmed User

I believe that a gun is a tool and such is driven by the enviornment. I would never carry a 9MM into the back country of Alaska or Western state and I would not carry my 629 Mountain Gun when going out to the movies with my bride. I love the 1911 and carry a SA Champion LW daily to and from work. I also have a 100 acres in the middle of no where and normally carry a large caliber wheel gun. I know this does not answer your question of only one gun but its not just that simple.
Old 14 April 2007, 09:31

Personally. Id go with my Browning HP in .40cal. It just fits right. Reminds me of something my grand daddy use to say "Its better to hit with a .22 than miss with a .44."
Old 9 February 2011, 14:25

A few months ago I would have picked my CZ 75 or Colt government model. I've had both for years. Then just before Thanksgiving I bought a S&W M&P40. Really love it and that would have added to a hard choice. But while shooting at the range over the holidays, I meet a guy that had came from the 82d and just finished OCS. He was waiting to go to Ranger School. He shows me his new Sig Sauer P220 Elite Dark w/ tb. Long story short, a few days after Christmas I'm laying down big bucks for one, then shortly after that I sent it off to Sig for one of their fancy dancy action/trigger jobs. No there is no dilemma now, it would be my threaded barrel Sig Sauer P220 Elite Dark with Sig's action job. The best .45 I've ever shot and I've shot quite a few.
Old 9 February 2011, 15:29
I aim to misbehave

Sweet...thread resurrection! I'd never seen this one before...guess I'll chime in.

I'll probably catch hell for it, but I'd pick a wheelgun, preferably S&W, preferably either a .357 or a .44 magnum. Probably either a model 19 or a model 629. Say what you will about glock or anything else, but I KNOW that my wheelgun will fire when I need it to. If not, I just pull the trigger again. I'll happily sacrifice ammo capacity for reliability, if ever in such a situation.
Old 9 February 2011, 15:41
Confirmed User

Kimber Pro Carry II; only have a thousand or so rounds through it and I have yet to have any type of malfunction. (Knocked on wood as I typed that)

Abraham Lincoln
Old 12 February 2011, 11:45
Confirmed User

While I'm a big proponent of the 1911, I'd have to choose a Glock in .45, .40 or 9mm. Most likely, my choice would be a 23, 22 or 35, although all of them a outstanding.
Old 12 February 2011, 11:56
Anesthetized User

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamppirate View Post
If you could own only one handgun to take care of business, what would it be?
My trusty yet virginal SA 1911 A1. It's like throwing rocks, only a lot harder and faster.

Our new posting rules