Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Weapons

Old 19 July 2008, 22:23
Choir Practice Ready

Value of Beretta Model 8045 Cougar?

Disclaimer! I am not selling the pistol on SOCNET, just asking for estimates and values from dealers and experts.

I am getting ready to sell or trade my Beretta Model 8045F Cougar in .45 ACP and was curious as to the value and what I should be asking for it. I bought the pistol used about three years ago and have fired maybe one hundred rounds through it since. I would rate it at Very Good overall condition with a clean finish and bore and no exterior marks. From what I have seen so far, it has the limited edition "CAT PAK" wood grips, but not the locking box and only has one magazine.

I know Beretta is not producing them any more and the new Stoeger Cougar pistols do not have a .45 ACP model, yet. So I'm figuring the Beretta Cougars will be harder to find over the next few years and this will drive the price up. I've seen prices ranging from $400 to $800 on the online auctions.

Any ideas on what I should ask for it?

Thanks

Grand

"The future doesn't belong to the fainthearted; it belongs to the brave." President Ronald Reagan.
Old 23 July 2008, 19:05
Non Timebo Mala

The prices I see are for the same gun with the locking box and 2 mags, about $650.00 - %700.00. Its not so much that they aren't made that raises the value, its the quality of the weapon. IMHO, these aren't Gold Cups. I would say if the condition is accurate its worth $450 to a dealer and $575 on a private sale.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
When you take a mans dignity, you take his will to live.

Our new posting rules