Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Army Special Operations > Special Forces

Closed Thread

Old 19 May 2009, 09:45

"Green Beret medic"

Timothy Reynolds MD advertises himself as "a Green Beret medic before going to medical school." Sounds fishy to me. Is there any way to check if he is in fact an 18D? Thanks for the help. AATW!
Old 19 May 2009, 10:11
"Mierda!"

Lightbulb

You need too post an introduction....

Stay safe.
Old 19 May 2009, 10:50
Confirmed User

Would that be the Timothy Reynolds at this website?

http://www.healthcareexpress.us/tim.html
Old 19 May 2009, 11:33
Confirmed User

If nothing else, his use of the word "stationed" is misleading...

Quote:
Before going to medical school, Dr. Reynolds served his country as a Green Beret medic with the Battalion Surgeon 19th Special Forces Group Airborne UTNG, during which time he was stationed in Guatemala and throughout Central America.
Old 19 May 2009, 13:44

yep that's the guy. We've already figured out he wasn't a medic. Anyway to find out if he is tabbed? Otherwise he was just a surgeon assigned to the 19th SF.
Old 19 May 2009, 15:20
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbornedoc View Post
yep that's the guy. We've already figured out he wasn't a medic. Anyway to find out if he is tabbed? Otherwise he was just a surgeon assigned to the 19th SF.

hmmm, kinda like jeffery mcdonald??
Old 19 May 2009, 15:44
Scoundrel

Quote:
"I started my adult life jumping out of airplanes at age 17 as a member of the US Army Airborne and then went on to Special Forces Green Beret training. Talk about learning to live with passion. Everything we did, we did all out." -Tim Reynolds, M.D.

“it's not a good idea to allow an unknown enemy force to attack your compound. Ever, really.” -MixedLoad

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." -HST
Old 19 May 2009, 17:41
Been There Done That

Exclamation BOHICA

Well for everyone who knows everything, this is Tim Reynolds MD. Turns out I was an 18D, actually was called 300F1 back when men were men. Spent about 20 years total, went up through E-7 as 18 delta, then went to medical school and got my commission and became battalion surgeon for 19th SFGA (Airborne). So for all you really smart assholes out there, guess ya aint that smart as we say in TX. You wanna call and talk about it, just let me know. As for boyfriends, I only go out with your daddy.

Old 19 May 2009, 17:48
Confirmed User

Oh snap!
Old 19 May 2009, 18:06
Been There Done That

Guys I think you need to slow down here.

1st I am almost 110 % sure he is an SF Medic from the 19th Group.

2nd You guys seam to be jumping the gun for a lot of UnVetted guys on the board.

When I verify his status I will expect some Apologies to the SF Soldier/Doc. If not I will eat my words.
Old 19 May 2009, 18:58
Old Fart

Guys, as a reference, I know of two separate guys that I know made it through and became doctors and I know of several that I lost track of that went to be doctors. I almost went that route, except my study habits then sucked.

As a further point of reference, one became OIC of Robinson Clinic on Fort Bragg, yep he was a Col last check, he may be retired now.

Rick B

"Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is not sticking it up your ass."

"Experience is what you get right after you need it."

both authors "unknown"
Old 19 May 2009, 19:43
Been There Done That

Quote:

2nd You guys seam to be jumping the gun for a lot of UnVetted guys on the board.

When I verify his status I will expect some Apologies to the SF Soldier/Doc. If not I will eat my words.
Awesome. I never said the guy wasn't the real deal. I was just amused by the "living with a passion", kind of like my amusement with "OGA Joe" and "SSSSam"

Hey, if I ever become a motivational speaker, y'all can tease me as well.

- Albert Camus
Old 19 May 2009, 20:01
Casual Observer

Well Treydoc, not to be picky, but you need to post an intro first. Also, Crocodile Dundee was a poacher, so the Crocodile Dundee of Medicine really isn't appropriate. And yes I am not 'vetted' but everyone has to post an intro.

Last edited by Malpractice; 19 May 2009 at 20:05.
Old 19 May 2009, 20:48
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treydoc View Post
Well for everyone who knows everything, this is Tim Reynolds MD. Turns out I was an 18D, actually was called 300F1 back when men were men. Spent about 20 years total, went up through E-7 as 18 delta, then went to medical school and got my commission and became battalion surgeon for 19th SFGA (Airborne). So for all you really smart assholes out there, guess ya aint that smart as we say in TX. You wanna call and talk about it, just let me know. As for boyfriends, I only go out with your daddy.

Google alert for your name?? You picked up on this discussion faster than K. Wilder did when her name popped up on the military.com website a few years ago.

I didn't see all that much of a challenge to your identity in this thread so I don't really think that coming on board with the "assholes" expression was exactly impressive for a first post. Being that you are an experienced Special Forces soldier, you of course realize that constantly identifying yourself as a "Green Beret" is going to raise some eyebrows?

Are you sure that an 18D was called a 300F1? I always thought that was a school, and if you completed all of the phases of training you got the Speciall Forces skill identifier added to your MOS. I admit to not knowing everything, so I could be mistaken in my memories.

BTW, the men are still men and they're at least just as good today as they were back in the day.
Old 19 May 2009, 22:06
Making sure They Come Home

Hi Tim,

Thanks for coming to SOCNet and saying hello. I'm a former 7th GP guy and 18D, now Director of the Emergency Medicine PA Doctorate Program at Fort Bliss.

Let me, first, thank you for your service to Special Operations and my United States of America.

Second, if you could please shoot me a PM with some information about yourself (Q course dates, teams, folks you may know or who may know you) I can get your status changed from "user" to "Verified SOF /BTDT".

THIRD- PLEASE ACCEPT MY MOST HUMBLE APOLOGIES FOR THOSE ON THIS BOARD WHO HAVE SPOKEN OUT OF THEIR ASS WITHOUT FIRST ENGAGING THEIR BRAIN HOUSING GROUP.

We have been (quite literally) inundated with folks who claim to be something they are not - so (unfortunately) there appears to be an air of "guilty until proven otherwise" here of late.

TAKE NOTE, ONE AND ALL, IF YOU ARE NOT VERIFIED SOF - KEEP YOUR SMART ASSED COMMENTS TO YOURSELF.

Now, Dr. Tim, if you could please shoot me that PM, and post an introduction in the appropriate thread, I would personally appreciate your tolerance for the others on this board who were so quick to judge.

I (we) WELCOME and encourage additional participation by folks with knowledge they are willing to share.

VERY Respectfully,

MAJ Joe Klapperich
EMPA-C, MPAS
US Army Emergency Medicine PA Program
WBAMC, Fort Bliss, TX

Last edited by magician; 19 May 2009 at 23:07. Reason: Included link to intro thread.
Old 19 May 2009, 22:22
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakoZeroSix View Post
Awesome. I never said the guy wasn't the real deal. I was just amused by the "living with a passion", kind of like my amusement with "OGA Joe" and "SSSSam"

Hey, if I ever become a motivational speaker, y'all can tease me as well.
Was not directed toward you...... People are fast to judge today with out getting to the facts.
Old 19 May 2009, 22:30
Non Timebo Mala

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF_BHT View Post

SF,

X 2 Brother.

No shit guys, no one believes in keeping the Bloodline pure more than me. I spend my own money to look up posers, get online database info etc. But for the love of Christ, give a Brother the benefit of the doubt. Despite the small imprint we make in the population, there is enough of us out there that we are not all an exact cookie cutter of Bronze Bruce.

We gave Mike Hawk an earful, We got that gay ass cook crawfish chef or whoever the fuck he was to come clean on his posing. I vetted the Security Guard Guy with the Spearhead on his company patch and on and on. Let's do the right thing here. In other words let me put it in a way we all may better understand.

Rule #1: Every keyboard is always loaded. Just because we have keyboards doesnt mean we can always let the evil out of them. Once your finger hits that send button, you only have 15 minutes to recant and who of us here has an attention span of more than 15 minutes?

Rule #2. Keep your finger off the send button until you are ready to post.

Rule #3. Never point your mouse at anything you are not willling to destroy.

Rule #4. Always know the target of your smartassedness and beyond what you read in the first post.

There, does that help? if you are still angry, PM me and I will send you a note giving you permission to buy a new gun.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Brave men have fought and died building the proud tradition and feared reputation that I am bound to uphold....."

Last edited by The Fat Guy; 19 May 2009 at 22:33.
Old 20 May 2009, 00:23
Been There Done That

more civilized

Sorry about the angry post from earlier. Just thought some of the comments made were very unprofessional for what are supposed to be SF professional soldiers.

I am currently a physician (Emergency Medicine trained and boarded), was the medical director of a level 2 trauma center for 10 years and now own and operate 3 urgent care centers in Texas.

Completed the Q course in July of 82 as 18D. Was enlisted through E7 and then after going to medical school at the University of Utah got my commission and continued with 19th SFGA as battalion surgeon.

If there are any other questions, you are welcome to PM me and you can call me and I can name drop for you. I understand keeping the pedigree clean as we are an elite group but seems to me people jumping to a lot of conclusions prematurely.

You are welcome to make fun of me as I am now writing/speaking as motivational speaker but don't question my integrity unless you have proof. BTW dont know if any of you know Matt Parr but also previous 18D who spends time motivational speaking.............maybe we are starting a trend!!!!
Old 20 May 2009, 00:35
Making sure They Come Home

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treydoc View Post
Sorry about the angry post from earlier. Just thought some of the comments made were very unprofessional for what are supposed to be SF professional soldiers.

I am currently a physician (Emergency Medicine trained and boarded), was the medical director of a level 2 trauma center for 10 years and now own and operate 3 urgent care centers in Texas.

Completed the Q course in July of 82 as 18D. Was enlisted through E7 and then after going to medical school at the University of Utah got my commission and continued with 19th SFGA as battalion surgeon.

If there are any other questions, you are welcome to PM me and you can call me and I can name drop for you. I understand keeping the pedigree clean as we are an elite group but seems to me people jumping to a lot of conclusions prematurely.

You are welcome to make fun of me as I am now writing/speaking as motivational speaker but don't question my integrity unless you have proof. BTW dont know if any of you know Matt Parr but also previous 18D who spends time motivational speaking.............maybe we are starting a trend!!!!
Once again Tim (Dr. Reynolds), Greetings.

Thank you for posting your intro as asked. There are no apologies necessary as it was those who tapped their keyboards inappropriately who were the ones who were out of line. As you can see...there are others here who remain level headed and objective. There is no intent to berate you for your "motivational speaking"...but once you are warmed up here and considered part of the group, your thick skin may indeed be rubbed a bit with some ribbing here and there.

I stand by my initial post, and would ask that you continue (as I had requested) so that we may vette your Special Operations credentials and expeditiously change your status to Verified SOF. Though it may seem trivial, it allows us to maintain credibility as a Special Operations Informational site.

Congrats on your success and your practice - it shows well on both you and Special Operations Medicine as a whole. Not stroking your ego - I gargle no man's balls - simply acknowledging credit as it has been earned.

Looking forward to your posts and contributions.

PA

Last edited by ussfpa; 20 May 2009 at 00:40.
Old 20 May 2009, 00:51
Whatever Sucks the Most

Man...I was reading such a nice level-headed post, and then "I gargle no man's balls" flashed into my visual cortex.

Damn, bro. You gave me no idea that was coming. Nice hit.

:)

Our new posting rules