Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Army Special Operations > Special Forces

Old 12 June 2009, 17:36
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by allensw726 View Post
Why do I want to join SF? Well I have shot people in the face. I am fascinated by the process in which SFODA teams with there relatively small numbers can take a group of people and train them as well as multiply them to be a very strong fighting force. I watched a lot of the det that was co-located with my Bn, in Al Qiam and was amazed by their FID work.
just stick with this story when people ask you why, skip the Oakleys and the chops, by the time your on a team we will have all switched to Natives for sunglasses and 1880's style walrus mustaches...
Old 12 June 2009, 17:39
Been There Done That

Quote:
What is wrong with growing a soul patch and a hitler mustache?
The Soul Patch is for the gay. And as a very wise jundy of mine once told me: "you can never be trusting of the gay!"

- Albert Camus
Old 13 June 2009, 06:19
Whatever Sucks the Most

I am wondering if they even do land nav in the Q using compasses any more, or do they use GPS?

Call me weird if you like, but I really enjoyed Troy Trek.
Old 13 June 2009, 15:19
Confirmed User

"You can never be trusting of the gay!" That guy must not trust any of his comprades then.

x/S
Old 13 June 2009, 18:13
Been There Done That

Quote:
That guy must not trust any of his comprades then.
Yeah, I brought that little factoid up to him. But his retort was that Ahmad Rasheed, who was "the gay" was guilty of blowing all of his buddies on the police department. That is why he was "the gay". The guys getting blown were good to go.

- Albert Camus
Old 14 August 2009, 14:17

Oakleys and Credit Cards

So what does one have to do to wear the Oakleys whilst shooting baddies in the face?

I guess Im ahead of the curve too, just bought some Natives the other day. Kind of ticked me off though, the hippie behind the counter said "nice choice"

He almost got throat punched.
Old 15 August 2009, 16:56
Working Class Hero.

I will stick to my FID reason. I, however, do not think it would be a good idea to call SGM Johnson a homo. He has a boxing history and he towers over this 5'9'' midget. It's been a boring couple of drills so far, however, I am keeping my PMA dummy corded and learning something new every drill. All I can do is get good grades and wait for my turn at the Q-course. As for the support people, they either are trying to get sent to selection or they bad mouth the team guys. I will stick with lurking.
Old 27 June 2012, 01:24

Hey man, you mind if I send you a PM? I have a couple of qestions for you.
Old 27 June 2012, 07:34
Authorized Personnel

Show up drunk, wearing board shorts and those goofy fucking shoes with five toes. The guys will immediately know you are a new member that demands respect.
Old 27 June 2012, 07:42
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranutz View Post
Yes tell them CA needs a BN Flag.
I know this is an old thread but wanting to get a BN out of the 19th Group is like pulling teeth. Here in RI we have been trying for one since the 80s. Not too long ago there was a rumor of getting one of the 4th BN ones. Not sure if they have been approved for the NG yet though.
Old 27 June 2012, 09:04
Been There Done That

Quote:
Show up drunk, wearing board shorts and those goofy fucking shoes with five toes. The guys will immediately know you are a new member that demands respect.
This.

Had a buddy pull a version of this when he was in the Bravo course. He was banging some Fayetteville skank all night, realized he'd be late (again) for PT formation, so he pulls up to the formation at top speed in his shitty car, leaps out and hops into the ranks.

Wearing boxer shorts, flip flops, and a dip of Copenhagen in his mouth. Which resulted in his immediate ejection from the Q Course. Which resulted in him returning to the student barracks and literally ripping sinks and urinals out of the walls with his bare hands and throwing them out of the windows. This was much the same way that he exited Ranger school- leaving a swath of destruction in his path, after telling the RS SGM "I will fucking kill you".

He promptly returned to the Q the next year and made it, although he had to start again from the beginning.

12 years later, he's still SF, despite all the broken bones, trashed structures, and damaged psyches that he's left in his wake.

- Albert Camus
Old 27 June 2012, 09:12
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
I actually had a WPS candidate show up to day 1 of training as described above.
Old 27 June 2012, 10:40
Karma - it comes around

Quote:
So I recently SMP'd with HHC 19th SFG(A) and I'm really looking forward to it. Anyone have any tips for me please share them!
Quote:
Well I have no idea what SWC is, I will tell the first person who looks important that the CA bat. needs a flag. As for telling my new 1stSgt he needs to gain some weight, I think I will hold off on that because I don't want to get thrashed my first weekend. However, I will say that I am looking forward to it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatLasagna View Post
Not sure if you are joking or not... It's the school that gives out the funny green hats.
http://www.soc.mil/swcs/index.html
I would do some research on SWCS, the SFQC, and Special Forces in general, 19th Group in particular... can't hurt, right?
Meat - he's in HHC.... why does he need to know anything about SWC?

Allensw726, good luck to ya. Remember that your studies come first... as an ROTC cadet you do need to try to remember that drill can be a major detractor from your study time, and it shouldn't be your priority. Job #1 is studies, successful completion of Advanced Camp, more studies, and then commissioning / graduation / entry into AD.
Old 27 June 2012, 11:10
In Vino Veritas

B2/75, Sir? You know he posted all that stuff in 2009 right?
But wherever I have gone, I was sure to find myself there, You can run all your life, But not go anywhere
Old 27 June 2012, 11:50
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Mess View Post
Lol. I noticed that too after the thread had been resurrected and I had made my first post.

Originally Posted by allensw726
Why do I want to join SF? Well I have shot people in the face

Now I find myself wondering what ended up happening with allensw726. Seeing how he's shot people in the face and all.

Old 27 June 2012, 15:27
Non Timebo Mala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Mess View Post
What are you the time machine police?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
When you take a mans dignity, you take his will to live.
Old 27 June 2012, 15:58
Über Equus Asinus

Quote:
Now I find myself wondering what ended up happening with allensw726. Seeing how he's shot people in the face and all.
If he SMP'd in 2009.. Im guessing he is probably sitting in Building 4 at Ft. Benning right now attending the officers basic course as a newly minted 2LT..

Look out support platoon.. here comes allensw726!
Old 27 June 2012, 16:07
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdwest View Post
If he SMP'd in 2009.. Im guessing he is probably sitting in Building 4 at Ft. Benning right now attending the officers basic course as a newly minted 2LT..

Look out support platoon.. here comes allensw726!
Or .... He actually did show up drunk, wearing board shorts and those goofy fucking shoes with five toes and is now sleeping under a bridge somewhere in Oakland, CA wishing he had never signed on to SOCNET

Old 27 June 2012, 17:12
Non Timebo Mala

Quote:
Or .... He actually did show up drunk, wearing board shorts and those goofy fucking shoes with five toes and is now sleeping under a bridge somewhere in Oakland, CA wishing he had never signed on to SOCNET

hot mess,

You would do well to follow tripods SA.

This gets my vote.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
When you take a mans dignity, you take his will to live.
Old 12 August 2012, 21:12

Quote:
As for the support people, they either are trying to get sent to selection or they bad mouth the team guys.
Was curious about his post there (understanding that it was posted in "07) But do support guys ever get offered a spot in selection if they prove themselves? If so how does that work out? From the research that I've done so far tells me that the support guys do the job they signed up for (admin, supply, rigger, ect...) during drill and the guys the signed the 18X contract are the ones being evaluated. If this is the case how would a rigger who is doing "rigger things" (whatever they do to ensure my chute actually has a chute in it and not the COs laundry in it) be on radar for a possible spot for selection?

Our new posting rules