Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Army Special Operations > Special Forces

Old 22 March 2010, 01:47

Vet in HAITI!

Is this guy for real? I just wanted to see if you guys can look up GILES PACE. He said some things in the Stars and Stripes about him being a SF soldier in NAM.
http://www.stripes.com/article.asp?s...&article=68803
Old 22 March 2010, 02:22
Good Idea Fairy

“These guys don’t know what war is,” Pace said of modern soldiers. “We didn’t look like robo-cops. All we had were soft caps and our weapons and we’d go chasing [the enemy] in the jungle.”

Are you fucking kidding me?
Alert the press. Tell everyone who has been fighting or will be fighting in SWA that they don't know what war is.
I guess our Brothers who were all WIA/KIA were hurt/killed playing touch football in the back yard.
That is pretty damn insulting.

He may be SF. But, with the BS he is spewing and that GAY ass photo of him, well....

"There won't be humans in 500 years. Enough people choke themselves when they jerk off we gave it a name. We ain't a species made to last."

--ShitmyDadsays.
Old 22 March 2010, 06:17
Authorized Personnel

Makes me wonder if he is who he says he is, especially wearing that getup. Regardless of who he is and what he's done, if he actually feels this way:

"But Rodriguez said his friend rarely talks to the modern-day soldiers working near, perhaps because he doesn’t have a lot of respect for today’s Army."

Then Fuck Him, he has no class.
Old 22 March 2010, 09:22
Confirmed User

Farmdog you need to post your intro 1st as was sent to you in the welcome email.

RO!!!
Old 22 March 2010, 10:08
Authorized Personnel

So, this guy travels with copies of his commendations to show off?
Hmmmm, very "Loud and Unprofessional"

Giles Pace is in Haiti working as a contractor, but he’s quick to tell a story about his days in Vietnam. “In one battle alone, we were credited with 360 kills and lost nobody,” Pace said, proudly showing off the citation for his Bronze Star with V device for running into a burning helicopter under fire to pull out injured personnel

gilespace.jpg

giles.jpg

Giles Pace

A mercenary who boasted of having fought in Vietnam, Rhodesia and Bosnia, Pace turned up at the Rome airport and boarded Florin’s flight to Albania. He offered his services to the KLA, helping the guerrillas devise gun-running schemes and improvise anti-tank weapons. Florin and others in the region say Pace was working for U.S. intelligence, though that could not be confirmed. Pace disappeared as mysteriously as he appeared when NATO began its bombing campaign in March 1999. His whereabouts remain unknown.

Photo courtesy Giles Pace
bookimage.jpg

I bet he has an autographed copy of this book in his team box for ya!

=
MOD EDIT:

URL:http://www.booknoise.net/benotafraid...ers/index.html

Logged: Monday, 22 March, 2009, 22:30 hrs Bangkok time.

NOTE: Please note URLs and other references when posting information in this thread. It is generally a good idea to post screen shots.
=

Last edited by magician; 22 March 2010 at 11:32.
Old 22 March 2010, 10:24
Been There Done That

Well, looks like we have another 10%er from our ranks.

Speaking as a former (retired) SF Soldier, I couldn't be more proud of our Soldiers right now. For that SOB to talk sh*t like that clearly demonstrates his lack of situation awareness or the more dangerous environment our Soldiers are working in.

Trash talk the Soldiers, as a contractor, wear a Green Beret and talk about how 'hard' it was? I'd like to see him try and survive SOPC/SFAS right now.

F*cking Ass-Clown.
Old 22 March 2010, 10:28
Been There Done That

Farmdog81:

Mr. Pace will probably be more visible to us in the future. Thank you very much for the heads up.

Now go post an introduction.

Last edited by Tracy; 22 March 2010 at 10:30.
Old 22 March 2010, 11:45
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
I couldn't be more proud of our Soldiers right now.
I agree with you 100%.

I wish that today's EOD types could of enjoyed the beer, the AC and the casual way of life that we were allowed to live.
Old 22 March 2010, 20:58

Intro Posted!
Old 22 March 2010, 21:01
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmdog81 View Post
Intro Posted!
Intro Read, Hooah!

Tracy (180A).

Last edited by Tracy; 22 March 2010 at 21:04.
Old 22 March 2010, 21:03

Intro posted and by the way I want to know if this Rambo John J. is for real? I am tired of people faking the funk and talking shit about the past under the cover of the blood our guys have spilt now unless they are at the VFW buying me a beer!
Old 22 March 2010, 21:18
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmdog81 View Post
Intro posted and by the way I want to know if this Rambo John J. is for real? I am tired of people faking the funk and talking shit about the past under the cover of the blood our guys have spilt now unless they are at the VFW buying me a beer!
Unfortunately, it appears he's legit; and from 5th Legion.
Old 23 March 2010, 01:53

I suspect JL, PM and some of the other Legends working at SWCS might have a more informed opinion about the training of today's Quiet Professionals. Perhaps Mr. Pace missed that day when he went through the course?
Old 23 March 2010, 14:45
Only slightly useless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
Well, looks like we have another 10%er from our ranks.

Speaking as a former (retired) SF Soldier, I couldn't be more proud of our Soldiers right now. For that SOB to talk sh*t like that clearly demonstrates his lack of situation awareness or the more dangerous environment our Soldiers are working in.

Trash talk the Soldiers, as a contractor, wear a Green Beret and talk about how 'hard' it was? I'd like to see him try and survive SOPC/SFAS right now.

F*cking Ass-Clown.
Absolutely! I've never heard any veteran I've ever talked too, from WWII on forward speak with anything less than glowing admiration for todays service men and women. And more than a couple swear they'd love a chance to 'ruck up' and serve right there with them again.
Old 25 March 2010, 21:55
Confirmed User

Don't know if this Giles is real or not. I would be deeply embarrased if he is real, given his loud mouth and gay pictures.

Personally I was an SF baby. I was pretty fortunate in that I got to go to Vietnam and do some HS things. Every generation's war is "their war", and wars are just tougher than shit (unless you are air force) no matter what theater it is being fought in.

About the war in Vietnam, I always said "which Vietnam" because how you experienced the war was depended on who you were with and where you were fighting and which year you were there.

I am sure that is true today too. I would imagine the first two years in Afghanistan were pretty rugged compared to today for accomodations, not sure but just an enlightened guess.

Bottom line, this guy is an exception not the rule. Universally us FOGs and VFOGs have a lot of respect for today's warriors as we also had a lot of respect for those warriors who fought our countries battles before us.

Bottom line is we wish our tired old broken bodies were up to the task of joining you - but they are not - so it is up to you to drive on.

We salute you all!
Old 26 March 2010, 02:30
On the Extract Bird

Not trying to hijack the thread, but this another prime example of why SF needs to establish, and vett, the same type of info bank the our SEAL brothers have at their disposal. We have always been just three of four guys away from being able to verify, but.....
This is even more compelling with the X-ray program(s) and the CoC's undermining of the "You can't mass produce Special Operations troops" theory.
Old 26 March 2010, 08:49
Confirmed User

Its not hard to join the FFL. Once you do,you can enlist under an assumed name, you can apply for French Citizenship under the assumed name after your 2nd enlistment. I'm not an adjudicator, but I'm pretty sure the DOS frowns on those who have served in a foreign military. I'm sure he was a pretty badass SF guy in his prime... But the behavioral traits he's demonstrating are text book Narcissism. "I'm better than everyone...because I'm..ME!". He probably fought off the VC all by himself with his MRE spoon. No credit to the other guys he was there with.
Old 26 March 2010, 09:37
Authorized Personnel

Hmmmmm, this sounds like some good clean family fun. Wonder why it didn't really catch on.
Scroll up a little to the beginning, New Vietnam. (this post is strictly for entertainment purposes)
http://books.google.com/books?id=K1t...0beret&f=false

This, also unsubstantiated, none the less is very interesting. Has anyone read this ?
Para. 6
http://www.serbianna.com/columns/mb/038.shtml

Last edited by shady1; 26 March 2010 at 09:54. Reason: additionial info.
Old 26 March 2010, 10:22
BTDT

Based on what I read and saw, "putting up tents" is about commensurate with this guy's apptitude.

I work in the Pipeline (yes I know we're not allowed to call it that anymore) today and can outright state that his attitude alone would get him shit canned faster than he is seemingly willing to open his trap.

Todays SF soldier is smarter, has a broader knowledge base, and is more technologically savy than the "old school" soldier ever thought about being, yet must still be able to "ruck up" and move out. Heck, the conventional soldier is years ahead of where the SF guy was 25-30 years ago...its evolution. Its not that one is better or worse than the other, the battlefield is not the same, therefore the Warrior is not the same. All generations of soldiers are cut from a finer cloth in my opinion for having served, peace time or not, and to bash one generation over another is mindless dribble.

If, as someone stated, he is seeking the recognition for his service that he sees the modern Warrior receiving constantly since 9-11, after the way our country treated his era I can understand the sentiment, he is just exercising an extremely poor approach to try and get it.

"You cant walk on water if you dont get out of the boat," the Infamous Mike Brown

"Hard Times Dont Last...But Hard Men Do" 3rd Battalion, 3rd Special Forces Group
Old 26 March 2010, 15:11
Confirmed User

A couple of thoughts -
1) if he came on here spouting, I'm sure he would ping some poser radar.
2) there's a reason that the casualty rate in this war is so low, it's because we're not just chasing the enemy through the jungle with a ballcap.

Our new posting rules