Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Employment and Training > Company Vetting and RFI

Old 17 April 2010, 14:17

RFI: AGNA Kabul Medics / Camp Sullivan

Hello,

I'm interested in learning about current conditions on the ground at Camp Sullivan in Kabul, Afghanistan. I'm well aware of the debauchery that went down last year. Not looking to stir-up the past here.

I'd very much like to hear from Medics presently on the ArmorGroup North America (AGNA) contract at the Embassy. Specifically:

- What does your typical day look like?
- How does your schedule work (on/off days)?
- How's life at Camp Sullivan (housing, food, amenities, etc)?
- Do you feel well supported?
- Are you stoked on this gig or not?

Anything else anyone wants to pass along in regards to this contract, or Camp Sullivan, that you feel may be of value to me, or onlookers, would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks,

- Bernd

(Currently working a med support contract in Iraq that's winding down fast)
Old 17 April 2010, 17:18
Administrator

Moved here.
Old 17 April 2010, 22:30
Cat Lover Extraordinaire.....

You can PM me, I'll give you the skinny on the whole thing, if you 're interested.

I'm on the project. I have one question for you, what is your medical background and qual?

For your info.
Old 20 April 2010, 04:09
Confirmed User

I think I am the only Kabul AGNA medic on this site. We talked by PM before.

Please drop the references to our camp by name. It was an opsec thing until the whole world read about it, but maybe it can go back to being unknown one day.

Are you in the application process now? Recruiters willingly give the answers to the first 3 questions you are asking.

On the other 2..well supported is not a word I would use. Do we have everything you would have in the states? No. Do we get by? Yes. I am in my 3rd year on the project. Not stoked, but still here and not looking to go elsewhere at the moment.
Old 20 April 2010, 04:40

Oldtexan,

We've indeed communicated by PM, and email, before. I really appreciate all the info you've provided.

Sorry about the camp name thing. Perhaps a moderator can remove it, or just delete this thread?

I'm in the very preliminary stages of the application process. I was posting here in an effort to get some additional insights from folks on the ground. DrlSgt, for example, like you, was quite generous in his assessment.

Thanks for posting. Sorry you're not stoked, but happy to hear you're getting by.

Stay safe out there.

- Bernd
Old 15 May 2011, 18:00

OT, PM sent...
Old 16 May 2011, 14:41

Who really wants to jump on the AGNA Project at this point? You must be crazy with AG cancelling ppls leave, being overworked and getting paid bare minimum. You must be crazy thats why I left after 2 there working ERT.
Old 16 May 2011, 15:17
Been There Done That

People who need jobs. That's who.

me 26FEB20133538PST
Old 17 May 2011, 16:30

I know ppl need jobs bro, but as a medic they can find a better job elsewhere! Coming out of that contract was nice and sweet but as far as medics go, if you really want to find a nice job look elsewhere, no offense no the guys there but the Upper Staff will really stick it to you!! A lot of great guys have left elsewhere and we are doing a lot better. Great place to start off contracting but dont get sucked in there! Wait for this contract to be WPS contract and it should be better!
Old 17 May 2011, 18:22
Been There Done That

Tell that to a guy who has been looking for a job for a long time and is late on all the bills. I get your frustration with your experience, but some people need work bad. How long were you there? You said 2, but not 2 months, 2 weeks, or 2 years. 2 could mean many things. If you were there 2 years your bank account would reflect that in comparison to someone looking for work for those same 2 years. Everyone has had leave fucked with at about every company, and trust me everyone's pay is going down too.

me 26FEB20133538PST
Old 17 May 2011, 21:28

I was there 2 years and let me say I know what it feels like to be broke after leaving the police dept, and I hear ya ppl need jobs and thats why the ppl i got into AG were good guys to start contracting everyone knows contracting is all about networking!! I wish everyone of my boys that are left on this contract the best bc just like many other contracts its the management that screws it up for everyone. But like I said if ur starting off this is a good place. And on pay oh yeah SOC was hiring awhile back for 60k static come on but someone who is unemployed 60k is awesome! On the leave it sucks bc of all the ppl quitting and falls on the boys getting ready to go on leave, and what makes things worse no extra pay. But I feel Ya!
Old 18 May 2011, 03:08
Been There Done That

Do me a favor, if you can spell out most of your words, do it with the rest? PPL and ya are what little kids text to each other. It is hard for me personally to take someone seriously or professionally that can't spell out a word.

You said it yourself here, just like many other contracts management can screw it up. My issue with your first post is that it was not in any way constructive or helpful, just bitching and telling people they must be crazy for wanting a job.

me 26FEB20133538PST
Old 18 May 2011, 03:49
Cat Lover Extraordinaire.....

AGNA at USEK project wasn't always the best it could have been, I know, I worked there for a year. Sure the project has somewhat taken a nose dived and the gate is like a turnstile. But for everyone including myself that has worked there can pretty much say that for what its worth, it paid the bills, got you home every 9 weeks for 3 weeks for vacation. Sure the place wasn't the greatest, but the people on the project was bunch of good dudes who are paying their dues or paid their dues and just in between the good gigs. Hey, for all of us who left it and moved on to a sweeter paying job we really can't complain, it was a stepping stone, got you a decent work resume/experience. Who could bitch about that? If you do, then you are not focused on the job. Hey Im honest, I'm grateful for AGNA to give me a job, and I keep in touch with the management there now, helping out when I can. There are still some good dudes over there.

Like VT said, just like many other contracts management can screw it up, name one that hasn't happened to.....? And you will find yourself working for Willy Wonka at the choco factory. This business has its ups and downs, you got to just take it for what its worth, work hard, make friends, don't burn bridges because someday you might need a helping hand from those guys you laughed at because they spent their time with AGNA. All I know is that they paid on time, fed us 3 times a day (not the best, but they fed us) and we got to go home when it was time. Can't say about not getting leave, because I know for a fact if you stayed and worked through leave, you got compensated for it and every 90 days there's a nice fat bonus for the boys now during the bridging.

So what am I saying? HC Muscle, be careful of what you say in this internet space, lots of people frequent it, and hey, those are the ones that might be the PM/DPM/HR for some jobs YOU might want somewhere down the line......

Just sayin'.....
Old 13 June 2011, 13:22

Greetings,
Iam a NFG to this forum. Spent time in the Corps left, currently trying a contract job after my last deployment, and want to move on. Right now I am in the hiring process for the AGNA contract in Kabul, and expected to leave for training in Texas this weekend.
Could any of you wise warriors tell me little bit about what kind of kit I should pack for training. I have not herd much from my recruiter, and expect to get something probably last minute, no worries. Although I would like to set my self up for success. can anyone help me out.
S/F
Marcus
Old 13 June 2011, 21:34

For training you really dont need much, take some PT gear, some civilian clothes and thats about it. For training they provide you with everything you need. Have fun and if you qualify for ERT, don't fail the bench press or any portion of the PT Test and of course DO NOT FAIL the 240/249!
Old 14 June 2011, 08:00

HCMuscle,
Thanks for the info!
I am not a spring chicken, but I love PT. Looking forward to the test.
The 240 and 249 are both weapons systems I have experince using and instucting. Should not be a problem, although I was told by a little birdy, no matter what you know, shut up and listen, because State has a different way of doing things then what I was taught in the Corps.
Man, it all sounds like a good time. Cheers!
S/F
Marcus
Old 14 June 2011, 12:41
Been There Done That

Can anyone provide a POC for the ERT job? I would like to send my resume and apply for a position.
Old 15 June 2011, 11:50

Not trying to be a smart ass, but have you tried to google "ArmorGroup ERT"... Not sure which office would handle your region.
Also career builder might still have a link/poc for the postion. I can dig through my old messages and try to find my online intial application. The POCs I have, are for my AO.
Good luck!
Old 1 July 2011, 21:35

Careerbuilder.com still has quite a few listings for ERT AG.

Our new posting rules