Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Weapons

Old 24 May 2010, 05:30
Confirmed User

Custom Pistol Engraving...

Gents,

Anyone know of any firearm manufacturers that offer custom engraving? We're looking at getting some deployment pistols.

Does anyone have experience with this? I do not and I am looking for help. Would a third party who solely engraves be a better angle? We're not set on any manufacturer or caliber, but I would like something that is nice yet affordable for my guys to buy if they so choose.

Thanks
Old 24 May 2010, 09:13
Karma - it comes around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mottbomb View Post
Gents,

Anyone know of any firearm manufacturers that offer custom engraving? We're looking at getting some deployment pistols.

Does anyone have experience with this? I do not and I am looking for help. Would a third party who solely engraves be a better angle? We're not set on any manufacturer or caliber, but I would like something that is nice yet affordable for my guys to buy if they so choose.

Thanks

Are these to be duty guns, or are you talking commemorative guns that your folks can buy to remember their AFG experience?

Probably a stupid question, but you don't say...
Old 24 May 2010, 09:51
Confirmed Asshole

Same as B 2/75, maybe a stupid question, but what exactly are you looking to get done? I think this is an easy mission, but you have to offer more details. Do you want names, dates, unit? Do you want any badges or mil insignia? Where do you want the engraving...slide, grips, etc? What kind of time frame are you looking at?

Here is one that was done for EOD. http://www.socnet.com/showthread.php?t=81094

Just trying to help.

Last edited by bmbsqd; 24 May 2010 at 09:59.
Old 25 May 2010, 21:33
SOCNET Moderator

We did the deployment guns for a 3rd Group ODA last year. They had some unique engraving. We also have done a run of about 50 guns for the Texas Rangers with lettering and badges.

Wilson guns are not known for being cheap, about $2500 for a CQB.

But what we do have to offer is a laser engraver.

We can do the engraving for a pretty reasonable price. I am awed by the detail this thing is able to produce. Imagine an Eagle Globe and Anchor (USMC) a bit smaller than a dime, and when you look at it with a magnifying glass you can actually read the Semper Fidelis on the banner.

Lettering, patches, emblems, no problem.

We would happily do the engraving for you even if you choose to go with a more affordable gun.

The 4 Soldierly Values: Candor, Courage, Competence, Commitment

Ekky Ekky Ekky Ekky p-Tang Zoo Boing mumble, mumble
Old 26 May 2010, 01:32
Aww F**K it

Have looked at Orion Arms? I think they bought out Tom Sawyer Mfg a few years back. Never used them but might be worth checking out.
www DOT orion-arms DOT com

For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. Romans 13:4
Old 27 May 2010, 10:45
Confirmed User

They would be commemorative. I was looking to get the BN emblem (a scroll) with OEF X-XI on it or something similar. I think engraving on the Slide is what we're looking for. I've got 11 months to wait lol.

Thanks for the suggestions so far!

Our new posting rules