SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network

SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network (http://www.socnet.com/index.php)
-   Members Who Gave All (http://www.socnet.com/forumdisplay.php?f=262)
-   -   Cass, long time SOCNET member, has passed (http://www.socnet.com/showthread.php?t=127548)

Tracy 12 August 2016 08:34

[QUOTE=CA SGT;1058585936]FYI to all....
Cass was laid to rest this morning. Very small group of friends and family (10-15) people attended.
A short "obituary" was read that had been written by Cass himself.

I was proud to meet several people who had also known him.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for being there.

The Fat Guy 12 August 2016 08:43

Cass was laid to rest this morning. Very small group of friends and family (10-15) people attended.

Thanks for being there for him, and us.

GPC 12 August 2016 11:24

Thank you for going Sir.

HK FAN 13 August 2016 10:03

1 Attachment(s)
RIP sir. I never got the chance to ask you if you were in this picture. Picture of WWII Frogs.

Dark Helmet 13 August 2016 12:53

Thank you for attending.

SHHINT 13 August 2016 16:13

Thank you for attending. I had planned to go but work had other plans. I'm glad you were able to make it.

Look. Don'tTouch. 13 August 2016 23:13

3 Attachment(s)

I tried to keep my distance, but did get to speak to his LCDR and trustee for a bit after the service. Brought the kids because it's important for them to learn to respect and honor our heroes. CA SGT, if that was you in the cowboy hat, nice ride. I was in the blue shirt and black tie.

I stopped by again after he was buried and left some flowers at his temporary marker.

For those that couldn't be there, I've attached a couple of pictures for you.

Rest in Peace, Cass.

hawkdrver 13 August 2016 23:23

[QUOTE=Look. Don'tTouch.;1058586360]I tried to keep my distance, but did get to speak to his LCDR and trustee for a bit after the service. Brought the kids because it's important for them to learn to respect and honor our heroes. CA SGT, if that was you in the cowboy hat, nice ride. I was in the blue shirt and black tie.

I stopped by again after he was buried and left some flowers at his temporary marker.

Rest in Peace, Cass.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

CA SGT 14 August 2016 01:00

[QUOTE=Look. Don'tTouch.;1058586360]I tried to keep my distance, but did get to speak to his LCDR and trustee for a bit after the service. Brought the kids because it's important for them to learn to respect and honor our heroes. CA SGT, if that was you in the cowboy hat, nice ride. I was in the blue shirt and black tie.

Rest in Peace, Cass.[/QUOTE]

Affirmative on the hat. I remember you. Wish we could have spoke....

bobmueller 14 August 2016 12:44

Thanks for going and sharing.

Look. Don'tTouch. 15 August 2016 15:35

[QUOTE=CA SGT;1058586367]Affirmative on the hat. I remember you. Wish we could have spoke....[/QUOTE]

It's likely I'll have a chance to take another trip there in a couple of months, after the permanent marker is placed. Will contact you and perhaps we could meet up and see it together.

DiveBoss 15 August 2016 15:39

When you do plan a return, I'd meet you and later hoist a pint for the man somewhere local. I had the good fortune to meet Mr G on a couple of occasions and had an enormous amount of respect for the man.
I was sitting offshore on a workboat on the day of the memorial or I would have most certainly attended.

MixedLoad 16 August 2016 22:32

Cass,

We are all better men for having been exposed to your humor, wit and insights here.

Rest in Peace, Sir.

Starlight 17 August 2016 23:21

RIP Cass.

Doctor_Doom 18 August 2016 00:44

RIP Mr. Garrett. Your "young doctor" thanks you.

Crucible guy 18 August 2016 08:36

RIP - I always appreciated his opinions and steady hand.

CG

LouisianaMan 18 August 2016 21:00

RIP, Sir!

Cucui 19 August 2016 21:00

RIP Cass. I 've been out of the loop for a while. Sad news. What an amazing man and historical figure in my mind. The things he saw and did, I can only imagine.

X18BSOCAL 21 August 2016 21:16

A great man has passed.

Rest in peace Cass.

Spot379th 22 August 2016 15:46

Another mentor passes.

Thanks for allowing this landlubber to read your words.

RIP, Sir.