View Single Post
Old 25 February 2023, 04:58
justauser

Used search. Epic revive of 11 years.
I listen to AM radio. They had the story of MSG Roy Benavidez on a replay from a Veterans’ Day program on tonight. It was the citation read by President Reagan followed by the MSG in his own words. I searched and read more about him, his tale, and his relentless courage. He was truly a man among men. Some of the headlines read, “The Green Beret that other Green Berets look up to.”
I came here, because well, I figured this the place for that kind of thing. This is a story that is almost, 50-60 years old. Yet, I only heard it tonight. I was disappointed and saddened to learned that he died over 20 years ago. His story is inspiring. His mission after retirement remained inspiring.
It is now something I must do, to visit his final resting place in TX and pay my respects. What a legend. May he never be forgotten for a debt that can never be repaid. I am sorry for the revive if anyone objects, but for this man, enduring gratitude is appropriate.