SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET - The Special Operations Community Network > Legacy > Members Who Gave All

Old 1 November 2019, 16:52
Authorized

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmueller View Post
That's a hell of a memorial to someone.

Rest easy, sir.

Grace and peace to family, friends, and comrades-in-arms.
Agree... and wanted to post it.

Ret. MSG. Christopher David Kluck

Oak Island, NC—Christopher David Kluck, 57, of Oak Island, North Carolina, was assigned his final Permanent Change of Station on October 29, 2019.

Chris was born January 9, 1962, in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. The oldest, and wildest, child of Donna (Griswold) and Tom Kluck. It was obvious from an early age that he would always love a good challenge, and would often be one.

Chris was also a true fighter and he won most of his fights (except that one in college that resulted in a blown out eye socket). He had better luck during his 23 years in the US Army; 17 of which were spent in the Special Operations community. As a Green Beret, or as he liked to call himself, "a steely-eyed barrel-chested freedom fighter", he operated mostly throughout Central and South America. Chris was qualified as an Airborne Jumpmaster, Military Free Fall (MFF), Special Operations Sniper (SOTIC), Special Forces Advanced Urban Combat (SFAUC), and Survival Evasion Resistance and Escape (SERE-C), among others. He earned too many awards for us to name (or remember), so suffice it to say, he was an all around badass.

In addition to his military career, Chris worked in the US Counter Narcotics program, as a High Threat Protection/Third Country National (TCN) Instructor for Blackwater, and as a Senior Lead Instructor and Training Manager for O'Gara Training and Services. After leaving all that risky business behind, he owned and operated VonTucks Bar in Oelwein, Iowa.

Spending nine months a year away from home can take it it's toll on your personal life, as Chris found. As they say, the third time is the charm, and that is the number of times it took for Chris to find his perfect wife, Angela Macias Kluck. She was the wife he never deserved and her loyalty was unmatched. Chris made sure to stick around long enough to celebrate their 11th wedding anniversary on October 25th.

Chris was very proud of his children, Stephanie Harrington of Raleigh and Tyler Harrington of Wilmington. He was thrilled to officiate Tyler's wedding to Jocelyn Henry one year ago, and spent weeks insisting everyone call him Reverend. The only thing he enjoyed more than having Steph, Ty, and Joc come for a visit and taking them out on a boat ride, was playing pranks on them. By the way, if you are looking for a boat, you should wait the appropriate amount of time and get in touch with the family. Tomorrow would be fine.

Chris had several claims to fame: he and Angie were extras in several movies and TV shows (his favorite being his death scene in Sleepy Hollow); he made it to the Showcase Showdown on the Price is Right; he claimed he invented the "Guess what? Chicken butt!" joke (FYI, he didn't); and he wrote several books and screen plays (all unpublished). His writing is actually quite good (hint hint if you are in the publishing business).

He was wicked smart and didn't suffer fools. He would often say, "People are stupid and they disappoint me everyday." He never met an argument he didn't like and was never wrong; if you asked him he would have told you so. Chris was certainly a character, and while we won't tell you he lit up every room he walked into, he did light up many faces with laughter. Although he had a crusty exterior, he had a soft heart, especially when it came to kids. Probably because he loved to teach the younger generation "his" chicken butt joke.

When he lost his leg to cancer in 2008, he joked that he was going to open an IHOP. He battled cancer for 11 years and beat it for much longer than expected. We are grateful that his fight is over and that God is now his Commanding Officer.

In addition to his wife and children, survivors include his two younger sisters (aka the first victims of his pranks), Lisa (James) Cashman of Cedar Rapids, Iowa, and Michelle (Nancy) Roberts of Burlingame, California; niece, Katie (Jake) Fish; nephew, Luciano Vitale; great nephew, Jaxson Fish; fur baby, Feebee; and many in-laws, extended family, and friends. He was their protector and faithful supporter. If you were in his circle, he would do anything to help you.

Waiting for him on the other side were his parents, Tom and Donna Kluck; his niece, Susanna Roberts; and his four legged best friends, Baxter and Tucker.

The family would like to extend its sincere appreciation to Dr. Riedell at the Duke Cancer Center and Lower Cape Fear Hospice for their amazing care of Chris.

Services at 1:00 PM on Monday at the Rogers and Breece Funeral Home in Fayetteville. Entombment with full military honors to follow at the Cumberland Memorial Gardens. Friends may call at the funeral home beginning at 11:30 AM on Monday.

In lieu of flowers, memorials may be directed to the Children's Cancer Center at Duke Hospital or Lower Cape Fear Hospice.
In rememberance of Chris, please go on a boat ride, tell a dad joke, help someone who needs it, or just be an all around badass.

Published in Fayetteville Observer from Oct. 31 to Nov. 3, 2019

Been around the world and found
That only stupid people are breeding
The cretins cloning and feeding
And I don't even own a tv

RULE 12: Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.
Old 1 November 2019, 16:56
Conquer Life.

RIP Tripod.

"When your ruck gets too heavy, someone on this site will always help you carry it." - Chimo
Old 1 November 2019, 20:33
Authorized

R.I.P. Warrior...
Old 1 November 2019, 22:40
justauser

RIP Tripod.
Old 2 November 2019, 10:58
Been There Done That

RIP Chris, peace be with you and your family and friends!
Old 2 November 2019, 22:19

I was sincerely sorry to hear of Chris's passing. May he rest in peace. His wisdom will be missed.
Old 3 November 2019, 19:47
Hard to Kill

ALCON,

Some info on Tripod's Memorial.

https://www.rogersandbreece.com/noti...istopher-Kluck

“If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” - G. Orwell

The chair is against the wall, the chair is against the wall.
Old 4 November 2019, 22:04
Been There Done That

RIP!
Old 6 November 2019, 00:58
Administrator

Rest easy warrior, see you when I get there

Don't practice until you get it right, Practice until you can't get it wrong
Old 7 November 2019, 02:30

Rest In Peace
Old 17 December 2019, 13:54
Wolverines!

Damn... I can't believe that I just now saw this. RIP sir.
Old 21 March 2020, 20:16

I just saw this. We met up when I was running a training cell in NC, he came and gave a talk to the command staff about mentoring indigenous forces. RIP brother.
Old 24 March 2020, 08:21
Going cyclic!!

How in the hell did I miss this?
RIP Brother.
Old 26 March 2020, 00:05
Enduring the Reckoning

R.I.P. I think of Tripod often.
Old 1 April 2020, 03:44

FWFS. After recently seeing his target avatar it reminded me of Tripod. Sad to see this.

Daddy Like- Dark Helmet
Old 1 April 2020, 11:05
Callsign: Turkey Bacon

Rest Peaceful Sir.

Godspeed
Old 28 April 2020, 20:31
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by billdawg View Post
How in the hell did I miss this?
RIP Brother.
I just run across it. Damn.

Rest Easy Warrior

Life Would Be Boring If We Were All Normal - SB
Old 2 May 2020, 14:32
Been There Done That

I also missed this. Rest easy brother, you are not forgotten.
[SIZE="3"]“The nation that will insist upon drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking by cowards.” -William F. Butler[/SIZE]
Old 6 May 2020, 14:12

RIP

Never forget
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 95918400_3211183215560691_842621043867648_n.jpg (11.9 KB, 196 views)
Old 22 June 2020, 13:51

Damn, this is late but I am hardly on here anymore. Chris was one of the lead instructors when I went through WPS in Virginia. He knew a lot and was a wealth of knowledge. He was always cracking jokes and making the time easier than what it needed to be. On of the funniest times was when we had to do our presentation a principle advance. Well, on one of the presentations,one of the other instructors had slipped in something a little "extra". It was the video of Chris when he was on "The Price is Right". Low and behold, they call out his name and he jumps up from the audience, all while wearing a fricking pirate shirt, and hobbles down and onto the stage. He ends up guessing the item correctly and makes it on stage with Drew Carey where he ends up winning! What did he win? A darn cotton candy machine! HAHAHA! The entire room was rolling in laughter. Chris thought it was the funniest thing ever and it made whatever nerves we had of presenting just go away. We had a great group of instructors,but Chris definitely stood out.Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends. R.I.P.
Old 25 June 2020, 00:04
RIP SOTB, Cass, Hognose

RIP.
-William Shakespeare, Richard III

"The aim of life is self-development. To realize one's nature perfectly - that is what each of us is here for."
-Oscar Wilde
Old 25 June 2020, 04:03
Whatever Sucks the Most

What a loss.

Godspeed, brother.

Our new posting rules