Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > H2H Combat

Old 3 April 2012, 08:56
Confirmed User

Filipino Martial Arts

I have been looking for some Stick and knife training (near the Louisville KY area.

My google-fu brings up a couple things but I thought I might ask around...you never know who might know a guy who knows a guy who....
Old 3 April 2012, 09:47
Moderator Weapons & H2H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo King View Post
I have been looking for some Stick and knife training (near the Louisville KY area.

My google-fu brings up a couple things but I thought I might ask around...you never know who might know a guy who knows a guy who....
FMA's are one of my specialties as a player and instructor but to be honest Im not sure of any credible schools in your area. I will ask around to a few of my friends for you and see what comes up.

Rock

What people think about me is none of my business!

Thai Boxing: The sweetest science....The most brutal fighting sport in the world...Few men are cutout for it.
So for those who are not there is always Jiu-Jitsu.

YEMX
Old 3 April 2012, 11:00
Confirmed User

Much Appreciated.
Old 3 April 2012, 13:15
Moderator Weapons & H2H

Ok I was given 2 names by a guy that knows way more than me and has been my Guro for about 12 years and is Filipino lol
I cant vouch for these but one is called Impact Academy and another one that my bro says teaches Sayoc Kali called Forge Fighting. Good luck

Rock

Thai Boxing: The sweetest science....The most brutal fighting sport in the world...Few men are cutout for it.

YEMX
Old 10 July 2012, 22:19

Bingo,

It is a pretty broad question when asking about FMA depending on who you talk to ( Escrima, Kali, Kalis, Arnis ). Louisville is very light for MA and I am not sure why but, it is extremly light on FMA style training.

Don't know if you still care but the IMPACT Academy is gone. Mike Casto moved to Arizona sometime back and took his large amount of skill with him.

I have met Matt from forge fighting once and know of him through another instructor in SIKAL. Seemed like a good guy but as I have not seen his training I can't say for sure what you will find there.

There is also Ignacio Kali up at Louisville MA Acedemy on the east side but I know little to none about him.

If you are into the Hoch Hockhiem stuff, the Krav Maga place that just moved to the south of the city is suppose to be offering some of that soon.

There are a few options around depending on where you want to drive. I live well away from the city with a long commute so I spend my time training at home mostly.

Hope this helps a little.

IronOxFunction
Old 11 July 2012, 03:53
Moderator Weapons & H2H

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronOxFunction View Post
Bingo,

It is a pretty broad question when asking about FMA depending on who you talk to ( Escrima, Kali, Kalis, Arnis ). Louisville is very light for MA and I am not sure why but, it is extremly light on FMA style training.

Don't know if you still care but the IMPACT Academy is gone. Mike Casto moved to Arizona sometime back and took his large amount of skill with him.

I have met Matt from forge fighting once and know of him through another instructor in SIKAL. Seemed like a good guy but as I have not seen his training I can't say for sure what you will find there.

There is also Ignacio Kali up at Louisville MA Acedemy on the east side but I know little to none about him.

If you are into the Hoch Hockhiem stuff, the Krav Maga place that just moved to the south of the city is suppose to be offering some of that soon.

There are a few options around depending on where you want to drive. I live well away from the city with a long commute so I spend my time training at home mostly.

Hope this helps a little.

IronOxFunction
I have been to many of Hoch's seminars and trained with him. If anyone has a chance to attend his courses I would highly recommend you do.

Rock

YEMX
Old 11 July 2012, 10:07
Confirmed User

Just saw this was updated....I will check out the Hoch Hockhiem stuff.
Old 13 July 2012, 18:27

SgtRock,

What do you like about Hoch? I have seen some of his material and he taught a seminar at my old school in Ohio. What would lead you to recommend him to someone else?

IronOx

Our new posting rules