SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Welcome To SOCNET > Introduce Yourself With Your First Post Here

Old 14 December 2018, 09:31
33,024 - R.I.P.

Hankpac, From an aviation standpoint, the Boeing 737 entered service in Feb 1968, and with a foreign carrier (Lufthansa). I seriously doubt any airline would be willing to incur the cost of operating a new airframe with only one pax.
Old 14 December 2018, 19:14
Anesthetized User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFO View Post
Hankpac, From an aviation standpoint, the Boeing 737 entered service in Feb 1968, and with a foreign carrier (Lufthansa). I seriously doubt any airline would be willing to incur the cost of operating a new airframe with only one pax.
As usual, it's always a history lesson.

Thanks JAFO.

It don't come easy.--Ringo Starr

"And all that remains is the faces and the names of the wives and the sons and the daughters."--Gordon Lightfoot.
Old 15 December 2018, 01:00

Thanks JAFO. I checked that out, too. Back to my personal intro, since Frog helped me out with the vetting of said Wannabe.
I am a retired PA, practiced emergency medicine for 25 years in Rural settings California, Oregon, and Texas. Former Mountain Rescue Paramedic Eastern Sierra Nevada (Bridgeport to State line, including working with the Marines at MWTC. What a great crew). Combat medic with 1/327 In, 101st Airborne, Tiger Force medic 1968-69. Web site, tigerforcerecon.com. Served with Fred Raymond, Jeff Paige (who went to LRRPS, and is mentioned in the third book of "Six Silent Men") Stan Parker (Stan was SOCOM, later in life), and John Gertsch. You won't run into as many old guys claiming Tiger Force in their background (as you do SEALS, or SF), but I have over 120 members who served at one time or other, and can assist in vetting anyone who claims such. We've had a few Wannabes of our own.
Thanks to the admins for accepting me, and for all the hard work involved with this site. This is a major service.
Old 15 December 2018, 01:07
Skandalon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankpac View Post
Thanks JAFO. I checked that out, too. Back to my personal intro, since Frog helped me out with the vetting of said Wannabe.
I am a retired PA, practiced emergency medicine for 25 years in Rural settings California, Oregon, and Texas. Former Mountain Rescue Paramedic Eastern Sierra Nevada (Bridgeport to State line, including working with the Marines at MWTC. What a great crew). Combat medic with 1/327 In, 101st Airborne, Tiger Force medic 1968-69. Web site, tigerforcerecon.com. Served with Fred Raymond, Jeff Paige (who went to LRRPS, and is mentioned in the third book of "Six Silent Men") Stan Parker (Stan was SOCOM, later in life), and John Gertsch. You won't run into as many old guys claiming Tiger Force in their background (as you do SEALS, or SF), but I have over 120 members who served at one time or other, and can assist in vetting anyone who claims such. We've had a few Wannabes of our own.
Thanks to the admins for accepting me, and for all the hard work involved with this site. This is a major service.
Welcome aboard, Hank!
Old 15 December 2018, 01:07
Anesthetized User

Howdy, my license number is P08062 as a Paramedic in California. There is at least 1 PA that posts here that works where you worked. He and I worked together over the years. MP18D. Hell, I even spent time as Placer MRT.

Welcome Hankpac.

It really is a small world.

"And all that remains is the faces and the names of the wives and the sons and the daughters."--Gordon Lightfoot.

Last edited by Expatmedic; 15 December 2018 at 01:23.
Old 15 December 2018, 01:27
33,024 - R.I.P.

Anytime Hank, and welcome aboard. I was raised in Santa Rosa, CA.
Old 15 December 2018, 01:38
Anesthetized User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFO View Post
Anytime Hank, and welcome aboard. I was raised in Santa Rosa, CA.
JAFO, are you still in CA? If so, we need to hunt this Fall.

Regards.

Old 16 December 2018, 23:44

Hello,

Found this website while looking for overseas contract info. Four years infantry, two deployments to AFG. Started contracting in 2014, visited afg, irq, and south sudan. Currently on a WPS2 task order. Always seeking to get more knowledge from OGs.
Old 17 December 2018, 02:26
Red Headed Stepchild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankpac View Post
Cool. Welcome Hank.
Old 18 December 2018, 17:27

Hey all, thanks for the approval. I didn't do anything special aside from regular service, but this looked like a great community to ask if I ever had questions. For instance, I have a particular SEAL verification request if at all possible.

I was in the Navy 6 years as an STG (out of Norfolk for 4 1/2), and completed 3 'cruises' in the 2000's. Somali pirates were... interesting.
Old 18 December 2018, 20:36

Greetings

Hello Everyone,

My name is Jacob, recently found this forum and would just like to learn new things and hear stories from the servicemembers on here.
Old 19 December 2018, 02:01
Anesthetized User

Jacob a bit about you if you please.

Welcome.

Old 19 December 2018, 05:41
Red Headed Stepchild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobhk31 View Post
I'm currently in the air national guard out of Charleston, WV
You guys took great care of us when my unit came down for hurricane Sandy a few years back. Really impressive support. Welcome.
Old 20 December 2018, 07:14

Hello everyone,

I'm Johnell Brooks, retired professor, volunteer at Cornell University Press center.
My late husband was a military veteran. In memory of his contribution, I try to keep track of the military news and international employment as well (as he used to help with that too).
Glad to join the community.
Old 20 December 2018, 16:54

Just John Q. Public here, with lifelong interest in all things history and military.
Old 24 December 2018, 16:22

I am a Viet Nam era Marine. I did two tours in Viet Nam. 1968-DongHa, 1969 LZ Stud, 1970-1971 Marble Mountain. I am here to check on an individual who claims to have been a Seal. Thank you.
Old 24 December 2018, 17:26
Calculating Infinity...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoWasabi View Post
I am a Viet Nam era Marine. I did two tours in Viet Nam. 1968-DongHa, 1969 LZ Stud, 1970-1971 Marble Mountain. I am here to check on an individual who claims to have been a Seal. Thank you.
Awesome screen name, and welcome, Marine!
Old 24 December 2018, 17:55

Was a 0341, 8151 from 88-92. Did some counter drug work 92-00. 74D, and 91B (old medic MOS). Retired 2017 Readiness NCO from 19th group, CBRNE detachment. Had a few other MOS's. Going to school now. Thanks.
Old 24 December 2018, 18:35
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdart74D View Post
Was a 0341, 8151 from 88-92. Did some counter drug work 92-00. 74D, and 91B (old medic MOS). Retired 2017 Readiness NCO from 19th group, CBRNE detachment. Had a few other MOS's. Going to school now. Thanks.
What unit were you a Mortarman with before going to MSG?
Old 24 December 2018, 19:06

Hi all!

I was a Sensor Operator on AC-130Us 2012-2015. I was with the 4th SOS at Hurlburt Field.

Our new posting rules