Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Naval Special Warfare > SEAL Phony Check - DO NOT post before Reading the stickies

Closed Thread

Old 18 May 2012, 17:29
Administrator

Sammy Samford

We have a live one. Thanks to SOCNET Member RadioListener for sending me this. The recording is awesome. Oh, he was never a Navy SEAL.

Hello Frog,

Matchanu suggested I send a direct message to you. I am respectfully requesting to know if a person is indeed a navy SEAL as he claims. He runs a radio blog show and frequently makes claims of being a SEAL. I've only known one person in my life that I was told was a SEAL and he was about the toughest most humble man I've met. - this guy on the blog radio show is none of those things.

He constantly talks about death threats, killing people, carry his glock, and different "missions". I've record a section of one of his and attached it below, I've also attached below his two facebook accounts. I feel pretty confident it is his real name as he also talked about a nation wide "samford" directory to link his family together.

https://www.facebook.com/ssamford1
https://www.facebook.com/sam.samford.5

http://www.fileden.com/files/2012/5/...AVY%20SEAL.mp3
Old 20 May 2012, 11:33

http://www.fileden.com/files/2012/5/...OR%20THIEF.mp3

And the Lies continue. All he had to do was tell the truth and apologize to our true warriors, but he doubled down and now i'm on a mission to make sure this guy is exposed to everyone as a valor stealing scumbag.

I'm getting in touch with a reporter in his area that i'm sure will love to do a story on a lowlife like this, especially in Florida that has a lot of retired veterans. - he wants to be a celebrity, - he picked the WRONG way to do it.

Here is some additional information I've obtained from another source.

Mr. SAMFORD’s Facebook page (www.facebook.com/sam.samford.5) indicates he graduated from High School in 1979 (presumably in/around MAY of that year). If he entered the US Navy the day he graduated and immediately reported for basic training (boot camp), then followed the normal stepwise process of attending a Navy “A School” (primary training for each skill the Navy uses) before engaging in any Naval Special Warfare training, he would not have even begun the most rudimentary SEAL Training until the first calendar quarter of 1980. The process of training a SEAL is longer now than it was in 1980 (due to the added technology being employed by the SEALs), but even if everything happened in precise order with no hitches or delays, and he successfully completed that training, he wouldn’t have been credentialed as a SEAL until early 1981. His claims of being a SEAL for 7 years, the first year of which coincides with his last full year of attendance at High School, is not only ludicrous, it is impossible!
Old 20 May 2012, 11:54
Authorized Personnel

I know it's not worth it, but could you imagine if our web-footed Administrator did show up on this posers front yard.
Old 21 May 2012, 00:39

POLITICAL

Hello, I would like to respond to this thread in support of SAMMY SAMFORD! I do not know who runs this site, but who ever is on here slandering Sammy, is only doing it for Political reasons. Sammy Samford served his Country as a Navy Seal years ago. He is now dying of spinal Cancer, yet still finds the strength to host a blog talk radio show in an effort to STILL fight for the AMERICA he loves. Sammy was the 175,000th donater to Newt Gingriches campaign. He was only able to donate $2.50 of "Newt Gas". This touched Newt's heart, and Newt mentioned Sammy on national news during the campaign. You can google it if you like, it is all true. Here is one link: http://www.actionnewsjax.com/content/actionlocal/story/Local-man-thanked-by-Gingrich-for-2-50-donation/tap3WzO1W0mybXLGzqQLtA.cspx

You can also find video of Newt's campaign on youtube.

I am here to defend Sammy Samford, and to respectfully ask whoever runs this site not to allow this COWARD to keep slandering Sammy.

My husband is a Vietnam Veteran, and I know he would die for a fellow Marine in a heartbeat, and I know I don't have to tell the servicemen and women on this blog how that feels.

So, I thank you all for your Service, Past, Present, and Future, and God Bless you All and Your Families.
Old 21 May 2012, 05:51
Been There Done That

For those readers who didn't make it all the way to the top of this thread, no "Sam", "Samuel" or "Sammy" Sanford has ever graduated from BUD/S, as Frog pointed out. This guy was definitely NEVER a SEAL.
Old 21 May 2012, 13:24

The latest lie... wouldn't you know it, Mr. Samford's records are "classified"

http://www.fileden.com/files/2012/5/...%20decieve.mp3

I've been very clear and concise about my plan of action. If he continues to lie and attempt to steal the valor of true Navy SEALS, I will continue to post his deception on every site that exposes these charlatans. To date I've not reported him to official channels, as I hoped that the shame of his deception being exposed would be enough to get him to admit his lie and apologize to those that have actually made the true sacrifice and commitment to our nation. However, this week I will begin the process of reporting to official channels. Not only is Stealing valor immoral, and unethical, it is also illegal.

For those of you that are being deceived, there is a very simple way to clear this up. Ask Sammy to publicly provide his:
1. BUDs class # 2. When he graduate from SEAL training 3. What team he was on.

The answers to those questions are totally UNCLASSIFIED, and every real SEAL will gladly provide that substantiating information upon request.
Old 21 May 2012, 13:45
Been There Done That

USMCVIETVETWIFE......Respectfully Request you get your FACTS straight before opening your pie hole. HOW does this guy think he WON'T get outted for this crap? Unbelievable what people think won't catch up tp them.
Old 21 May 2012, 19:38
Whatever Sucks the Most

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCVietVetsWife View Post
Hello, I would like to respond to this thread in support of SAMMY SAMFORD! I do not know who runs this site, but who ever is on here slandering Sammy, is only doing it for Political reasons. Sammy Samford served his Country as a Navy Seal years ago. He is now dying of spinal Cancer, yet still finds the strength to host a blog talk radio show in an effort to STILL fight for the AMERICA he loves. Sammy was the 175,000th donater to Newt Gingriches campaign. He was only able to donate $2.50 of "Newt Gas". This touched Newt's heart, and Newt mentioned Sammy on national news during the campaign. You can google it if you like, it is all true. Here is one link: http://www.actionnewsjax.com/content/actionlocal/story/Local-man-thanked-by-Gingrich-for-2-50-donation/tap3WzO1W0mybXLGzqQLtA.cspx

You can also find video of Newt's campaign on youtube.

I am here to defend Sammy Samford, and to respectfully ask whoever runs this site not to allow this COWARD to keep slandering Sammy.

My husband is a Vietnam Veteran, and I know he would die for a fellow Marine in a heartbeat, and I know I don't have to tell the servicemen and women on this blog how that feels.

So, I thank you all for your Service, Past, Present, and Future, and God Bless you All and Your Families.
Madam, with respect, you are stupid.

Good luck with that.
Old 21 May 2012, 20:56
BTDT

USMCVietVetsWife

Go away. You do not know how much of a fool you are making of yourself.

We, on SOCNET, have Databases of all SEALs back to WWII. Your lying geek Sammy was never (read: never) a Navy SEAL. Save yourself some embarrassment. Disappear.

The Magicman is a leader of phonemics. Be wise when he uses the term Stupid.
Old 22 May 2012, 21:31
BTDT

Going nowhere. Closing.
Old 13 November 2012, 08:27
Administrator

Re-opened for the final act.

Today, Action news out of Jacksonville is reporting the end of the story.
http://www.actionnewsjax.com/mostpop...Mv9wIOByA.cspx

"Action News has the documents to prove it. We filed Freedom of Information Act requests with the NationalPersonnelRecordsCenter in St. Louis, MO. They sent us documents that prove Samford did enter the Navy Reserves in 1978.
But that's where the truth about Samford's military career ends. Inside those same papers, we found an interesting piece of information. The papers say Samford's naval career started on November 22, 1978 and ended on December 11, 1978.
He was in the Navy for just 19 days."

Drumroll.........

"Late Monday night, Sam Samford called Action News wanting to tell his side of the story. We did give him opportunities while we were investigating, but he decided Monday he wanted to talk. He had this message for the community.

"No, I was never a Navy Seal. I am tired of the death threats coming to my house and I apologize to all the awesome veterans out there that have served our country," said Sam Samford by phone Monday night. Samford recently pulled his online radio show and all archives online."
Old 13 November 2012, 10:30
Been There Done That

Great Job and a good closure.......
Old 14 November 2012, 05:55

fucking idiot. great job guys
Old 15 November 2012, 01:31
Been There Done That

Attempts to connect to the face book pages listed returns "page not found". Guess the death threats have Sammy in hiding.
Old 20 December 2012, 23:20

USMCVietVetsWife - please remember, it doesn't matter how well you think you know someone. How honorable and sincere they may sound. How honest their claims may appear. There are databases and archives containing every name of every man who has entered and/graduated from BUD/s training. Like 'CASS' says, alllllll the way back to WWII. Let's let the people 'in the know' keep those out there with slippery tongues - outing themselves and then being beacons to other males (not Men) who feel some uncontrollable urge to push themselves as something they're not nor have ever been. If a person has nothing better to do than try to gain some sort of noteriety from telling stories which are 100% false, you - and all other veterans, whether combat veterans or mess hall veterans, should be incredibly grateful there are those who know the truth and will not let those who are/have 'been there, done that' be tarnished by these liars, fakes, frauds, phonies, f*ckhol$s. Just a thought...
Closed Thread

Our new posting rules