Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Naval Special Warfare > SEAL Phony Check - DO NOT post before Reading the stickies

Old 13 April 2006, 17:00
Probationary User

Should he take the threat seriously

What going on!,

A lady at my wife's job told a guy he better watch his mouth, because her will hurt him bad. He called her bluff and she told him that her husband was a SEAL. He's thinking that the man is going to come after him. Her husband's name is Randy Ebsen.

Thanks
Old 13 April 2006, 17:06
Creepy ass cracka

Too stupid for a reasonable response.

Your best bet, tell your wife's frind not to be hate'n.

Peace out!
"Better to live alone in the desert than with a nagging wife" - Proverbs 21:19
Old 13 April 2006, 18:31
Probationary User

Well, I told him not to give it much thought but he can't shake it. So I'm looking to put his mind to rest about her husband being a SEAL. That's what troubles him most. So is this guy a SEAL?
Old 13 April 2006, 20:30
Authorized Personnel

This guy sounds like he is scared of his own shadow.
Archer: Mancy. What'd you think I said?
Old 13 April 2006, 21:01
Administrator

Not going to advise you on how to "take it", but no one named "Randy Ebsen" was ever a SEAL.
Old 14 April 2006, 00:07
Probationary User

Thanks for the info, maybe this will give him more confidence.
Old 14 April 2006, 11:27
BTDT

Let there be some learning here. No one has heard Randy Ebsen claim anything, or, in fact, say a word. Third parties are brush painting Ebsen when it is not known what he claims.

An excellent example was that a third party questioned a Navy Man who is currently a Contractor. The Navy Man would say he "worked with SEALs". Following, third parties began debating the truthfullness of the Navy Man. Ultimately I was asked to verify the Navy Man's SEAL service, which of course, there was none. The fray got so heated that the Navy Man came to me in email advising that he had been assigned to a Team or NSW (I did not read his PCS orders) as a Support Tech within his Rating. He became a valued assest with the Teams and went on missions in a Support capacity. The Navy Man eargerly admitted to me that he had never been a SEAL.

The Navy Man used correct english when he advised those of his life that he "worked with Navy SEALs". He in fact, did work with Navy SEALs everyday, but only in a Support capacity, and he openly advised anyone who would take his disussion to a second level that he was not a SEAL per se. Had this Navy Man not of found me via email his reputation could have been harmed by third parties acting in an over eager capacity.

Obviously I enjoyed the Navy Man's truthfullness to me and I keep his iden shadowed.
Old 14 April 2006, 14:03
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiln2serv
What going on!,

A lady at my wife's job told a guy he better watch his mouth, because her will hurt him bad. He called her bluff and she told him that her husband was a SEAL. He's thinking that the man is going to come after him. Her husband's name is Randy Ebsen.

Thanks
His father might have been Buddy Ebsen who was a very nice guy who moved his family to Beverly Hills in the early 60's. Maybe his son Randy is an actor too.

Our new posting rules