Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Army Special Operations > Special Forces

Old 3 April 2008, 20:46
Scotty's Mommy

Thumbs up Pagan to SOCSOUTH

Good news for SOCSOUTH since Gen Pagan is considered to be a pretty good guy by those who have worked with him. Chuck is going to be joining him down there. I truly liked Gen Cleveland. He was a soldier's soldier. However, I look forward to this assignment under Gen Pagan and that's coming from a somebody who hates change and truly hates moving.

Scotty? MaxPower? You are on my who to call list.

Published on Thursday, April 03, 2008

Pagan to lead forces in Latin America

By Henry Cuningham
Military editor
A Fort Bragg one-star general has been selected to head U.S. special operations forces in Latin America.

Brig. Gen. Hector Pagan will become commander of Special Operations Command South at Homestead Air Reserve Base, Fla. The command is part of U.S. Southern Command, which is based in Miami and oversees U.S. military operations in Latin America.

Pagan is deputy commanding general of the John F. Kennedy Special Warfare Center at Fort Bragg. He is former commander of 5th Special Forces Group at Fort Campbell, Ky., and in Iraq.

Special Operations Command South oversees Special Forces, civil affairs and psychological operations missions in Latin America. The command manages more than 200 special operations deployments per year with an average of 42 missions in 26 countries at any time, according to a South Com Web site.

Pagan’s replacement at Fort Bragg will be Brig. Gen. Bennet Sacolick, who is deputy director for the CIA’s Defense Counter-Terrorism Center in Washington, D.C. Sacolick commanded Delta Force at Fort Bragg and in Iraq.

Brig. Gen. Al Aycock, who was Fort Bragg’s garrison commander during the 2005 Base Closure and Realignment announcements, will become commanding general of Special Operations Command Korea. The command controls special operation forces in the United States Forces Korea. Since leaving Fort Bragg, Aycock has been director of the Korea Region Office of the Installation Management Command Korea.

The Army also announced that Col. William K. Fuller, who has been nominated and confirmed for promotion to brigadier general, will become deputy commander of the 82nd Airborne Division at Fort Bragg. He is chief of staff of Fort Bragg’s Joint Special Operations Command and led the 82nd’s 2nd Brigade Combat Team in Iraq.

Col. Patrick J. Donahue II, who has been nominated and confirmed for promotion to one-star general, will become assistant division commander of the 3rd Infantry Division (Mechanized) at Fort Stewart, Ga. He is executive officer to the Army vice chief of staff in Washington, D.C., and commanded 82nd Airborne task forces once in Iraq and twice in Afghanistan.

Brig. Gen. James C. Yarbrough will become commanding general of the Joint Readiness Training Center and Fort Polk, La. He is commander of the Iraqi Assistance Group and has been the 18th Airborne Corps assistant chief of staff for operations at Fort Bragg.
Old 4 April 2008, 10:50
I'm kind of a big deal

Hey mama, as I said - say the word and I'm there! :D Tell Chuck to break out the wardrobe... lol

Scotty
Old 4 April 2008, 12:24
Administrator

Hector is a great guy- everyone should be happy under his leadership.
Old 4 April 2008, 15:35
Confirmed User

Time to dig up the plants again?

Col. Robert W. Black
Old 7 April 2008, 20:09
Been There Done That

C-M-R,

You know we're always just a phone call away

But it has to be before WE move
Old 8 April 2008, 00:28
Karma - it comes around

He did pretty damn good with CJSOTF-AP while he had it for the last 3/4 of OIF 1.

He kept me out in the field pretty much continually, and kept my ass-kissin' counterpart in the JOC, where he couldn't get into too much trouble, and that was just fine with me...

Glad to see that he's gotten a good assignment. SOUTHCOM has been quiet for two decades, but I think that it's only that the news isn't in the papers... All kinds of opportunity going on down there.
Old 26 April 2008, 02:55
Been There Done That

That is pretty interesting. I'm working on trying to get an IMA slot with SOCSOUTH myself. Been trying to get squared away with either SOCSOUTH or SOUTHCOM, but as usual...the paper trail takes precedence.

Gotta love paperwork...lol

Our new posting rules