Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Areas of Expertise > Technology and Communications

Old 27 November 2009, 11:16
I aim to misbehave

DOD Approved site for Java download?

Anyone here know of a DOD-approved site for download of Java 6.17!? I can't seem to find it anywhere. Hell...anything downloaded from a ".mil," is good...just have to document that it came from ".mil"
Old 27 November 2009, 11:35
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishsquid View Post
Anyone here know of a DOD-approved site for download of Java 6.17!? I can't seem to find it anywhere. Hell...anything downloaded from a ".mil," is good...just have to document that it came from ".mil"
Doesn't Sun (or Oracle I guess now) sign their bits?

I long for the day when IT policy makers might actually know what a digital signature is.... I understand the logic here but one might think that a digital signature is more trustworthy than a given download location. :S

"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize."

God made machine language; all the rest is the work of man.
Old 27 November 2009, 11:48
I aim to misbehave

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighDragLowSpeed View Post
Doesn't Sun (or Oracle I guess now) sign their bits?

I long for the day when IT policy makers might actually know what a digital signature is.... I understand the logic here but one might think that a digital signature is more trustworthy than a given download location. :S

Agreed. Don't worry, though...I found a creative AKO workaround. It's taken care of.

Our new posting rules